Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 106 of 135123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:36 pm 

Icetower wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome Icetower!  I like that you speak southern.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:18 pm 

Figured I'd intro myself as well since i've been a member for a few years but not active one.

I'm Rick, 43, living in the southern US, and yeah we wear shoes, most of the time.

I'm an avid collector of anything RPG from the 70s/80s. Of course an avid TSR fan, and anything 'small press'

Also an avid comic book collector since age 8.

At this point in my collecting life I find myself seeking all those TSR items I never really knew was out there... beach towels, candy boxes, coloring books, story books, etc.

I would kill for the MPC Action Scene Kits, Wood Burning Set, heck anything from the 70s/80s that was TSR licensed

hello to all and your site is invaluable when it comes to TSR knowledge. thanks

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:43 pm 

Great to have you on here, Rick!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:51 pm 

Hello, and welcome, to all the new members.
And to all the old members...yes...I'm still around.
I'm mostly just a ghost of my once creatively productive self!
:oops:

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 pm 

Glad you are back. :)

And I hope you get that creative spark going. Unfortunately, I missed out on some of your earlier stuff. :/

Carpe DM!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm 

Hi ... Just got back from GenCon where I met a few members at the Acaeum dinner. I am a friend of Jim K here on the forum. It was great to hear stories of the things others have collected, thanks.

Been playing since the early 80's still have most of what I bought back then. I'd like to find some of those things I was looking to buy back then, which is how I found this site in the first place. Then Jim K told me this is the place to go for D&D collecting.

-Dustin

Last edited by Sudo Dragon on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 pm 

welcome aboard, you've come to the right place!

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 am 

Ditto!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:33 pm 

After the Acaeum dinner the other night I decided I really did need to change my forum name to something a little more appropriate so...

JimK is now ----> Boredflak

And I'll be posting a little more often.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:51 pm 

Jim, you just increased your post count by 6% with the announcement of your name change!
But seriously, it was great to get to spend time with Jim at GenCon and I will be doing my con wrap-up shortly. Jim got some AWESOME items during the Collectors Auction and he should probably post all about them. Nudge, nudge. And that will get your post count up too. 19 posts in 10 years? is that like when Sting used to say he would have 6 hour sex sessions with his wife? That is some kind of delayed gratification there Jim :-)

Shrink is not a condition

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 pm 

Heh. Well I try to listen and read a lot more than I type. The internet is filled with people who type or speak without ever bothering to read or learn.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 am 

If you love someone
Set them free

Free free... set them free...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:45 pm 

Welcome 8 Bit Elemental, it was fun chatting at the dinner with you and Jim.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:29 pm 

Hello guys,

I've been to Gen Con quite a few times but never made it to the auction... until this year. And I got hooked  :D
For those that might remember me, I'm that strange German that asked all kind of wierd question and didn't even recongnize Frank Mentzler after talking to him for 5 minutes about the history of Gen Con :wink:
Thanks to everybody for being so kind! It was a great time and special thanks to (I hope I'm right here) Invincible Overlord & Bracton!
Now I look forward to build up the largest D&D collection in Germany. See you next year in Indianapolis!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:20 pm 

Welcome to all the new members and the newly renamed member!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm 

Tiamat wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello guys,

I've been to Gen Con quite a few times but never made it to the auction... until this year. And I got hooked  :D
For those that might remember me, I'm that strange German that asked all kind of wierd question and didn't even recongnize Frank Mentzler after talking to him for 5 minutes about the history of Gen Con :wink:
Thanks to everybody for being so kind! It was a great time and special thanks to (I hope I'm right here) Invincible Overlord & Bracton!
Now I look forward to build up the largest D&D collection in Germany. See you next year in Indianapolis!

Welcome to the boards Marcus.   PDT_Armataz_01_34

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:27 pm 

Hello.  Signed up for Acaeum after I learned about it at GenCon this year.  

I started playing D&D in the early 80's with the red box edition.  Moved on to AD&D from there and played both in high school.   While in college I learned and played many new systems - Shadowrun, V&V, Call of Cthulhu, and Gurps.  I'm still into gaming, but it's mostly miniatures (40K, Warmachine, FoW, etc) and some Shadowrun when I get together with friends.  

Now I'm 41 and enjoy collecting new and old RPG books and modules.  Like many collectors here, I'm looking for D&D and AD&D stuff from the 80s.  I'm mostly interested in replacing sets I used to have (sold many RPGs before going to grad school in the late 90s) and sets I wish I had back in the day.  I collect stuff I want and will enjoy reading, I'm not really interested in speculation and collecting for value.  

I live in the north Dallas metro area (Argyle) and am always on the lookout for an RPG group.  I've lived here for almost two years and haven't had much luck.  Always looking for suggestions on places to go and meet more gamers.  I tend to stay away from random groups in stores as they tend to be the under 21 crowd min/maxing Pathfinder characters.  Nothing wrong with that, just not my style of play  :D .

Thanks,
Brian

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:58 pm 

Brian2112 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello.  Signed up for Acaeum after I learned about it at GenCon this year.

Welcome aboard Brian---it's always good to meet another Rush fan who likes D&D :D  

Brian2112 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:I live in the north Dallas metro area (Argyle) and am always on the lookout for an RPG group.  I've lived here for almost two years and haven't had much luck.  Always looking for suggestions on places to go and meet more gamers.  I tend to stay away from random groups in stores as they tend to be the under 21 crowd min/maxing Pathfinder characters.  Nothing wrong with that, just not my style of play  :D .

If you've not attended yet, you should definitely check out the North Texas RPG Con, held every June in the DFW area:  Welcome to the Frontpage

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 106 of 135123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 133134135