Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 102 of 135123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 133134135
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:43 pm 

Hi Jim, welcome to the Acaeum!

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:05 pm 

JamesMWard wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:James M. Ward here.
I worked for TSR from 1974 to 1997 on and off. Gary Gygax was my mentor in game design. I put together the first science fiction role-playing game in METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA and the first apocalypse rpg in GAMMA WORLD. I have a few other products that some of you may be collecting. I've had great success with collectible card games in SPELLFIRE and DRAGON BALL Z. I've had some best selling novels. I'm always happy to answer questions about those things. I'm still writing and hopefully in another 20 years some of you might want to collect those things of mine as well. If you have questions now please feel free to ask. However when you ask about things I wrote 30 years ago, expect vague answers.

James M. Ward

Welcome Jim!! :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 pm 

Hello Jim,

Great to have you join the Acaeum!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 am 

Welcome Jim, Kenny and sparkyflint!
--Ron--

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm 

Welcome Jim!  You enrich this community immensely and we are honored.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:06 pm 

Welcome!

Although, to be honest I feel a bit weird welcoming someone with your background when I'm just an occasional collector that happens to lurk around here most of the time picking up crumbs when I can.

I hope you decide to stay around the board and hope to actually meet you some day.   :D

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:47 am 

cdenham wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome!

... I'm just an occasional collector that happens to lurk around here most of the time picking up crumbs when I can...   :D

C'mon now, we know that it's more than that.  ;-)  jk

~throwi

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:16 pm 

Hello I'm not as much of a collector as I am someone who likes RPG's like D&D.
Thanks!  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:21 pm 

Welcome to all.

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 am 

Hi everybody! Anyone know where to find a TSR Red Dragon pin like this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:30 am 

I started gaming in 1979 and haven't played much in the past 20 years. I busted out my old D&D briefcase a year or so ago and it sort of has been an obsession since. My recent purchases include a couple painted miniatures, old school D20s numbered 0-9 twice, some new plastic miniatures and some basic  sets. Looking forward to my girlfriends kids visiting for the holidays to continue an ongoing campaign.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:52 am 

Nice! A D&D briefcase, must've been cool to open.
You're avatar is quite familiar. Good luck finding the button, and welcome!
--Ron--

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:37 pm 

Welcome, Professor M!

The image in your avatar is from an old Ebay auction by the Collector's Trove. Read more here: Sutherland Red Dragon uses. It is possible it was made in conjunction with TSR's booth at the Hobby Industry of America Trade Show in 1981, which featured a large red dragon sporting the same Face Logo. By 1981 when the Face Logo began being used, TSR had replaced the Holmes Basic Set with the Moldvay Basic Set, so it's rare to see something with the Holmes Basic Dragon and the Face Logo together.

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:20 pm 

Thanks for the reply Zenopus...Great info and that happens to be the same page I got the image from :D

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:46 pm 

For your viewing pleasure...BEHOLD!!!!!...The MAGIC BRIEFCASE! Circa early 1980s......Unlike a bag of holding, this case has its limits but still contains some classic stuff and still provides fantastic adventures!...Note the Crown Royal dice bag and lack of D10s!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 pm 

Quite excellent!
Thanks for sharing that.
--Ron--

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 am 

Hello everyone! I was directed here by Tim Kask (via FaceBook).

I was introduced to D&D in the fall of 1978, and received both the Moldvay-era Basic set and Cook-era Expert set on Christmas 1981 (I still have 'em too). It feels just like yesterday that I was at the kitchen table colouring in the numbers on the dice with a white crayon.

I wouldn't classify myself as a "collector" in the strictest sense of the word, and I most likely don't have a collection even remotely close to some of you (nor do I possess the scholarly wisdom of you folks!), but I do get nostalgic and sentimental about my old D&D gaming books. I have a few items I am quite proud to possess, though I don't show many people since their interest usually lay elsewhere, far away from RPG's and such.

Unfortunately, I recently lost my job because the new owners eliminated my position, so I am forced to thin-down my gaming books considerably in an attempt to make some money while I am unemployed. Once I hear back from NobleKnight, I will probably post my for sale / trade list here. I have three boxes of books (100 items, most of them OOP and some are rare / hard to find) and I'd like them to go to caring gamer-homes.

Anyway ... that's it . I'll probably quietly lurk and learn, rather than post and embarrass myself. Thanks for reading. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:32 am 

Welcome Metal-Demon!  So sorry to hear about your job loss.   I hope the sale of your items bring some Christmas cheer, or at least some cash, your way.  I think most everyone on these forums are interested in seeing a list of your items for sale, especially if they are accompanied by photos.  Photos intensify the interest and usually increase the number and bids of offers you will receive.  You will find a receptive audience here, and the sale of any items here will go to appreciative homes.

Since it sounds like you have some unusual or unique items, you may want to not only list the items for sale in the classifieds section, but start a thread in the appraisal section.  The forum's collective minds should be able to help you properly price and value stuff even before you get an offer from NobleKnight.  But, you can do whatever you want, and I wish you the best.

Again, welcome!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 102 of 135123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 133134135