Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 11 of 135123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:04 am 

http://www.beermotor.org

That's me.

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:09 am 

sgt scott wrote: Survived a tour in both Afganastan and Iraq, I am an Army reservist Military Police. Scott

8) Scott 8)
8)  8) Thank you for your service to our country.... 8)  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:52 am 

Hi-

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, My service overseas is no big deal, I just guarded prisoners of war, it's the guys who actually do the dirty work that should get the kudo's.

Scott

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:29 am 

wow, have I been gone for a long time. Back and glad to see so many familiar faces (names). So, what have I missed? Has Deadlord and Ralf moved to Massachusetts now that such unions are legal? Just kidding, and please, please, please take that as a joke. Well, I will nip off and look through all the changes that foulfoot and others have done on the site. Great job!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:01 am 

Welcome back PurpleDragon!  
Your sleuthing skills and wry humor have been missed.  
:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:40 am 

PurpleDragon wrote:wow, have I been gone for a long time. Back and glad to see so many familiar faces (names). So, what have I missed? Has Deadlord and Ralf moved to Massachusetts now that such unions are legal? Just kidding, and please, please, please take that as a joke. Well, I will nip off and look through all the changes that foulfoot and others have done on the site. Great job!

LOL, I had to read that three times before I got it. For those of you overseas who don't know, the state of Massachusetts recently made it legal for gay couples to marry.
I just can't see myself jumping the fence. My wife is too hot to allow that. Though Ralf does look kind of sexy in his picture, with the "come hither" look......

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:45 am 

Deadlord36 wrote: the state of Massachusetts recently made it legal for gay couples to marry.
I just can't see myself jumping the fence. My wife is too hot to allow that. Though Ralf does look kind of sexy in his picture, with the "come hither" look......

Just think though, you guys could get married and then honeymoon on the beaches of Provincetown :P Perfect :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:10 am 

Sorry guys, I'm happily married, have no sexual interest in men and intend to keep it that way.  8)

I must admit, my early battles with Frank were a bit annoying for you other guys, but I enjoyed them, I had a witty and often funny counterpart. But that's long over now, and I don't hold no grudges against him. Frank, I respect your knowledge (always have), wit and collection, but I really don't want to marry you!  :lol:

Deadlord36 wrote:Ralf does look kind of sexy in his picture, with the "come hither" look......
:lol:

I would like to see more real pictures from you guys! I uploaded mine after Nev, and I appreciated invincible's attempt to "put a face behind the madness"!

So folks, load up your mugshots! :lol:

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:36 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:I would like to see more real pictures from you guys! I uploaded mine after Nev, and I appreciated invincible's attempt to "put a face behind the madness"!

So folks, load up your mugshots! :lol:

Haven't you seen Frank's picture under his deadlord36 ID on his eBay About Me page?  

:wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:28 pm 

That one was hilarious. I am very flattered that someone went to all that trouble.
How do you upload pictures?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:02 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:How do you upload pictures?

Frank, you can do that in the avatar control panel of your profile. I'm not sure, if you can upload to the Acaeum directly (I though Scott had changed that), or else you will need to upload it on a website and enter the URL in your profile.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:12 am 

I have pictures on my site; for the curious, I'm currently bearded again :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:29 pm 

hi fellow collectors, after enjoying the acaeum site for a while now (and sending scott some scans of some of my things-i`m the one who sent in the inverness & tamoachan designer copies plus some other things) and thought i should join this knowledgeable group. i`m 39 and have been roleplaying since 78 (when my sister took me to my first gencon- ithink she might have been one of about 20 women there at the time-how times have changed). my ultimate goal is to get one of everything ever published in english in frp from 1974-2003 (i decided to stop at the 30 year mark). at least it keeps me busy :-)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:45 pm 

Welcome, Stratochump!
That is one lofty mark, man. Unless Bill Gates is your godfather, you have some serious cash to accumulate, and then piss away. However, you did say everything PUBLISHED, so I take it things like the R prepubs aren't included? I collected/collect only published items myself.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:16 pm 

now play nice deadlord, i just got here. fortunately i was collecting actively since about 1982 (i was the first person to buy an orange b3 at the gencon auction-actually i got the first two for $46 & $73) when things were easier to come by. originally i was only going for "published " things as you pointed out but i was goaded by frank mentzer into buying the original gencon 13 judges material from the ad&d open & that started me on getting "unpublished" stuff too. i picked up the the r1, r2 & r3 prepub versions at gencon about 18 years ago for $10 each. it was a different world back then. as you rightly pointed out, one would be loaded or crazy to start this today. and i don`t think i`m either :-)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:36 pm 

deadlord isee you`re from new hampshire. i used to live in boston (1985-1994) and of course my friends from there are having a real good winter. iworked at a game store in boston (best part was getting to go thru the new stuff and pull out the BEST copy) for a while and that helped my collection along too.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:07 am 

stratochamp wrote:as you rightly pointed out, one would be loaded or crazy to start this today. and i don`t think i`m either :-)

I've only got the crazy part, but I think both would be required.  :cry:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:23 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
stratochamp wrote:as you rightly pointed out, one would be loaded or crazy to start this today. and i don`t think i`m either :-)

I've only got the crazy part, but I think both would be required. :cry:

Not necessarily, you could always take out a nice low rate home equity loan. Doesn't everyone have 2 mortgages these days?  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 11 of 135123 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 133134135