Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 99 of 135123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:58 am 

Hi there.
I have been a lurker here for a few years and thought it might be nice to actually make a few posts now and then.
I was an avid TSR gamer when I was younger i(n the mid-80s) and even though I no longer game, I still actively collect TSR memorabilia and still enjoy pouring over all of my old AD&D books.
There are a few goodies in my collection that I hope to share pics of when I have some time. I own a vintage toy shop in Portland, Oregon and we carry a lot of the original LJN AD&D action figures and whatever minis, modules and books that I don't need for my own collection.

talk to ya'll soon,
Billy Galaxy

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:47 pm 

Welcome to the forums Bill!!!  :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 pm 

Hello everyone! I am one of the "older" ones who loved playing the original massively multiplayer in-room role-playing game!  Some of the best times and best friends I've ever had!  I kept a lot of my old Dragon magazines, but gave most of the ones we used away, but.....I do still have the back ups I bought, in case of an emergency!  I think I have close to 70 that are still in the plastic.  My oldest one is from June of 1978.  And my most prized possessions are my 3 back up copies of The Finieous Treasury Volume 1.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:45 am 

Welcome dp21894!  

If you have any questions, ask away.  There is a wealth of knowledge within the membership here.

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:24 pm 

Welcome to all the new members.

I am not around much at the moment--personal matters are becoming very difficult for me to handle. So, I figure, if I only stop by now and again, then, I might last a while longer.

Keep collecting!

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm 

Been collecting for the past 5 years.  Focused on TSR in general.  Typically will pick a system and then work to flesh it out before moving on to another.  Looking for tips and info on collecting!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:09 pm 

Bade52 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors: Looking for tips and info on collecting!

Welcome to the Aceaum.  Literally some of the coolest and best people I have ever associated with I met through here.

I will be happy to give you your first tip...whatever you thought was unreasonably expensive has now been shifted right by an order of magnitude (maybe two ;) )

Zach

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 am 

Welcome Bade52!  You've come to the right place!

There is a wealth of knowledge here; it's worth the time to peruse the older posts.  Post any questions you have too!

I also try to complete a series/genre before moving on but sometimes, there's an elusive box set or hard to find book that forces me shift to another group.  

~throwi

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 pm 

Hi all, Jonathan from Dallas here.

Player since 1977 (Holmes Box). Almost always a DM. Running a B/X campaign now via the Dallas Old School D&D Players Meetup.

Still on a high from my second NTRPG Con... thought I would register and participate in the conversations here since I have a sliver of time that I don't already waste on Facebook...  PDT_Armataz_01_05

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." --E. Gary Gygax

Last edited by Brouhaha on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:09 pm 

Brouhaha wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi all, Jonathan from Dallas here.

Player since 1977 (Holmes Box). Almost always a DM. Running a B/X campaign now via the Dallas Old School D&D Players Meetup.

Still on a high from my second NTRPG Con... thought I would register and participate in the conversations here since I have a sliver I time that I don't already waste on Facebook...  PDT_Armataz_01_05

Great to see you at NTRPG con, Jon!

I'd love to check out the Dallas old school Meetup someday, I'll keep tracking the dates and hopefully can show up one time.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:02 am 

Hi all, KacyCrawford here.

"I'm a Gamer Girl. Love fantasy games like tabletop Dungeons and Dragons, video games like Dragon Age, and casual games on tablets.

My work lets me travel country to country and I just love the Nomadic lifestyle."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:05 am 

KacyCrawford wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi all, KacyCrawford here.

"I'm a Gamer Girl. Love fantasy games like tabletop Dungeons and Dragons, video games like Dragon Age, and casual games on tablets.

My work lets me travel country to country and I just love the Nomadic lifestyle."

Welcome to the Acaeum!  You'll find some of the most knowledgeable gamers and gaming collectors in the world right here.  If you've got questions, they have the answers.  Also, there's a thread where you can specifically introduce yourself if you want.  Again, welcome!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 am 

KacyCrawford wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:My work lets me travel country to country and I just love the Nomadic lifestyle."

As an attractive female presumably roaming around alone looking for an open D&D game, I'd suggest you avoid India.  Besides the very real possibility of being molested, there's a lot of Internet trolls based there.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/agenda/2 ... ark1/print

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:19 am 

Whoah. Impressive.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:26 am 

Woah!  Peachtree City is about an hour from Macon, Georgia.  There are not a lot of people of your background/profile who are into Dungeons & Dragons.  I am sure there's an interesting story there....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 pm 

KacyCrawford wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi all, KacyCrawford here.

Did you ever game in an igloo in the desert?

Edit: Ah, Foul already beat me to this one I just noticed.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:38 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Woah!  Peachtree City is about an hour from Macon, Georgia.  There are not a lot of people of your background/profile who are into Dungeons & Dragons.  I am sure there's an interesting story there....

I think Sarah will be quite confused if you show up at her college with a backpack of 1st Edition modules and the intention of "rolling a few dice".   :wink:

Foul

P.S.  While the amusement of watching this continue to unfold is tempting, in the interest of alleviating the general confusion:

"Kacy Crawford" is a troll of some sort, most likely trying to jack up a post count so as to later spam advertisements.  The introductory post above seemed a bit fishy (I'm highly suspect of "gamer girls" interested in early xD&D -- apologies to lucyjoyce, Azurah, Allison, Versimilitude, et al).  However, it was the follow-on posts (since deleted by me) that really tipped me off; replies to about ten of the most recent messages in Collecting General, consisting of "LOL", "Great Post!", "ooh, this is interesting", etc.  I checked the IP, and it comes back to India.  I Google-searched the avatar pic, and it comes from a recent article on a college freshman named Sarah Kajani, in Georgia.

So, out with the ban stick.  Sorry guys.  :(  Rest assured that Kacy is most likely a greasy dude sitting in an Internet cafe in Bangalore.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:19 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors: Rest assured that Kacy is most likely a greasy dude sitting in an Internet cafe in Bangalore.

I was wondering.  I am such a sucker.   :oops:

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 99 of 135123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 133134135