Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 98 of 135123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 am 

Chucho68 wrote:Hello, Scott! Two questions:

1. What year is your beetle? The VW bug is one of my favorite cars!!

2. Where did you get that Vonnegut quote? Another fave of mine!!

Re-welcome.

Hector.

It's a 2003. We're saving to buy an old one as a husband & wife project. It would be for her, anyway.  :D

I forget where the KV quote came from. It might have been from Palm Sunday. After Lovecraft, he's probably my favorite author.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 pm 

Hi,

Welcome to the fold. Enjoy the forums. I think this is one of the best interest groups on the net. There are guys here from the very beginning. Sometimes the rest of us get obsessed as if we've deciphered Linear B but not only is Chadwick here we have the guys who carved those notches.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:34 pm 

Heh. I'd say some of us are as obsesses as if we were close to deciphering Linear A!  :D

"Go get 'er, Ray!"
   -- Peter Venkman, "Ghostbusters"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:17 pm 

Hello, Scott.
May your collection never shrink. :wink:

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 pm 

obiter wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the fold. Enjoy the forums. I think this is one of the best interest groups on the net. There are guys here from the very beginning. Sometimes the rest of us get obsessed as if we've deciphered Linear B but not only is Chadwick here we have the guys who carved those notches.

I can just see Frank and Tim Kask in furs and flint axes.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:20 pm 

Hi folks!

My name's Robert. I've been a lurker on here for some time (checks profile), looks like since 2007.

I recently opened up Dune Trader Games Dune Trader Games on ebay and am working on a website.

In addition to funding my own re-started collection (I'm near complete on the Dark SUn books, just missing TKoA), I hope to open up a game store eventually.

Feel free to say hi or ask any questions.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm 

Raddu wrote:Hi folks!

My name's Robert. I've been a lurker on here for some time (checks profile), looks like since 2007.

I recently opened up Dune Trader Games Dune Trader Games on ebay and am working on a website.

In addition to funding my own re-started collection (I'm near complete on the Dark SUn books, just missing TKoA), I hope to open up a game store eventually.

Feel free to say hi or ask any questions.

Welcome!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm 

Hello. I am Scott & hail from WA state near Seattle. Have used this great site as a resource over the years and figured I may as well register. I see some familiar faces on here from other boards 8O  :)

Anyways well met and thanks for all those that have contributed and do contribute here

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm 

Same Scalydemon from DF?   :)

Welcome...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:52 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:Same Scalydemon from DF?   :)

Welcome...

Yes, thats me :)  Its funny how you may not put that much thought into your screename on boards initially, not realizing that that is how you'll be identified by so often if you start spending time on boards. I think I was looking at the MM , the pic of a Demogorgon when I chose the name on a whim. Oh well, could be worse, 'toonces' maybe, or 'Uni'? :lol:

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm 

Ha, too true.  I wish I'd given mine a bit more thought... Too much of a hurry to sign up I guess,  Thuderdave was probably available :)

Welcome to the forum!

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 pm 

You might not be aware of this -- few forums allow you to -- but you can change your username from within your Control Panel.  :)  Note that people may not know who the hell you are if you do this!

Foul

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 pm 

Hello, long time lurker coming out of the shadows!  I've been playing for 20 odd years, collecting for about 5.  In that time, I've managed to collect just about all of the books that I've wanted, and have turned my baleful gaze upon the world of gaming posters.  My Great White Buffalo is, in case my username doesn't spoil it, the Dave Trampier penned Gamma World poster with the art from the original box set.  I nearly had it in the Great Gygax Auction of '11, but it got away from me.  I've managed to pick up some nice bits and bobs along the way, though.  I'm a New Yorker by birth, and a Texan under protest, and um... yep, that's about it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm 

purestrainhuman wrote:Hello, long time lurker coming out of the shadows!  I've been playing for 20 odd years, collecting for about 5.  In that time, I've managed to collect just about all of the books that I've wanted, and have turned my baleful gaze upon the world of gaming posters.  My Great White Buffalo is, in case my username doesn't spoil it, the Dave Trampier penned Gamma World poster with the art from the original box set.  I nearly had it in the Great Gygax Auction of '11, but it got away from me.  I've managed to pick up some nice bits and bobs along the way, though.  I'm a New Yorker by birth, and a Texan under protest, and um... yep, that's about it.

Welcome to the forum! I love that poster too. It's definitely hard to find as are the others from that time, but there's got to be more out there. Just so you know, the prices tend to get inflated on the Gygax auctions so if you wind up seeing it again outside of the Collectors Trove auctions, I would doubt the poster would go that high again.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 am 

Hi Everyone,

I'm Martin and I've been gaming since '82.  I think.  My memory doesn't serve as well as it used to  :D  

My first game was AD&D in a school room with some friends and I remember dying approximately 20 minutes into the game when at a crossroads we were ambushed by kobolds!  I'm sure I'm not the first here to die from kobold machinations and I won't be the last.

I run Grognard Games with my colleague, Aaron Zirkelbach who is also the Swords & Wizardry editor for Frog God Games (click the banner and you'll see my face as well as 'the Frognard') and I've lurked here more times than I can count trying to read up on information for my collecting habits.  It does border on addiction and I have my eye on a few things I can't afford, but isn't that always the way?   :D

Anyway, good to meet you all and I look forward to the discussions on here now that I've come out of the shadows!

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm 

Hey Martin,

welcome here! Nice to get another member from the UK.

I'm Malcs wife (from House Atreides - we met at Dragonmeet)

Great channel on youtube btw!

Cheers,
KAL

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:56 pm 

Versimilitude wrote:Hey Martin,

welcome here! Nice to get another member from the UK.

I'm Malcs wife (from House Atreides - we met at Dragonmeet)

Great channel on youtube btw!

Cheers,
KAL

Hi Kal, small world! I mailed you guys not so long ago with a shopping list :) Hope you're both well, it was really good to meet you both and glad you like the channel. It's taken off fast, which has been very gratifying.

Where are you guys appearing next? I will have to pop by and see what's new :)

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm 

Hi all, relatively new collector here. Professional archivist that has been playing D&D since the mid 80s when I was a wee one. I have been working on some history related gaming projects lately and thought it would be fun to start collecting for nostalgia, their historical contributions and for history of gaming and pop culture projects. I am in it more for content than condition and I don't have too much yet, so if anyone has or comes across lots in not the best shape I would love to hear about them. Nice to meet you all!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 98 of 135123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 133134135