Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 96 of 135123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:16 pm 

Welcome to Arkhein & Omens, ........which sounds like a rpg or something.  Anyway, enjoy the unparalleled resources and fun these forums provide.    8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 pm 

Welcome IainF, welcome Arkhein, bienvenue Omens,

Have fun, guys !

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 am 

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I was wondering if it exist in Forum some places to discuss of the Origins of few famous old names from D&D universe ?

For example i remember that undead creature called "Son of Kyuss", and always wondered who was this Kyuss and if it had its own story somewhere ???  PDT_Armataz_01_05

Thanks.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:10 pm 

it seems I've yet to introduced myself, better late than never!.

I'm Fausto, and I've the difficult task of collecting ADnD 2e products in Europe (where I live...). Really, it's not that easy...

Anyhow, my motto is "If I bought it, I'm going to use it!" So, hopefull I have 100-200 year of gaming ahead of me.

Piece of cake!

Anyhow, greetings all!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:24 pm 

Delazar wrote:it seems I've yet to introduced myself, better late than never!.

I'm Fausto, and I've the difficult task of collecting ADnD 2e products in Europe (where I live...). Really, it's not that easy...

Anyhow, my motto is "If I bought it, I'm going to use it!" So, hopefull I have 100-200 year of gaming ahead of me.

Piece of cake!

Anyhow, greetings all!

Welcome Fausto

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:33 am 

Greetings noble gaming merchants and collectors.My name is Chris and i have been a lurker for too long and decided its time to join.I started playing D&D/AD&D in the earily 80"s and was hooked when the first secret door was found.I am not a die-hard hard-core collector(getting married took care of that funding)although i have started collecting old poly dice sets from "The Armory" and Gamescience".You just cant have to many d30"s lying around.

THE ONE AND THE PRIME.....NEVER FORGOTTEN

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 am 

Primus wrote:Greetings noble gaming merchants and collectors.My name is Chris and i have been a lurker for too long and decided its time to join.I started playing D&D/AD&D in the earily 80"s and was hooked when the first secret door was found.I am not a die-hard hard-core collector(getting married took care of that funding)although i have started collecting old poly dice sets from "The Armory" and Gamescience".You just cant have to many d30"s lying around.

Welcome, Primus!!

Good luck on keeping your collectin' in check. 'Tis very difficult...

Hector

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:19 am 

GREETINGS HECTOR AND THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WELCOME.

THE ONE AND THE PRIME.....NEVER FORGOTTEN

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 am 

HOLY FLASH-MOB BATMAN!

Welcome to all the new posters!!!  :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 pm 

Hi guys, I'm new to the site. I've been playing since 1978. About 10 years ago I got this idea that I HAD to own all the D&D stuff ever created. I was buying stuff up for a while then stopped. Now I've got a bigger house with an entire room dedicated to books and gaming "The Guybrary".

I just recently started buying stuff again. I've sold off 3 or 4 collections for friends on ebay and they were always nice enough to let me take what I didn't have already. As a result I have a list of about 920 items I'm trying to complete and I have 500 of them. Of course some of the other 420 are the biggies so I doubt I'll ever have them but It feels good to be more than halfway there.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:47 pm 

Ragwaine wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to the site. I've been playing since 1978. About 10 years ago I got this idea that I HAD to own all the D&D stuff ever created. I was buying stuff up for a while then stopped. Now I've got a bigger house with an entire room dedicated to books and gaming "The Guybrary".

I just recently started buying stuff again. I've sold off 3 or 4 collections for friends on ebay and they were always nice enough to let me take what I didn't have already. As a result I have a list of about 920 items I'm trying to complete and I have 500 of them. Of course some of the other 420 are the biggies so I doubt I'll ever have them but It feels good to be more than halfway there.

Welcome, you've come to the right place!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 am 

Welcome, Ragwaine.

Get ready for your list to expand.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 am 

FormCritic wrote:Welcome, Ragwaine.

Get ready for your list to expand.

I know that's what I'm afraid of. I'm actually only interested in stuff put out by TSR. Only 2nd edition and everything before and I'm not concerned with different printings or small variations in the same item. I can't remember where I got the list I have but I've added at least 12 items to it so far.

I'm also not sure if I'll ever be interested in calendars, card collections, or board games. I might just restrict it to things you actually use to play D&D.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 am 

Ragwaine wrote:
I know that's what I'm afraid of. I'm actually only interested in stuff put out by TSR. Only 2nd edition and everything before and I'm not concerned with different printings or small variations in the same item. I can't remember where I got the list I have but I've added at least 12 items to it so far.

I'm also not sure if I'll ever be interested in calendars, card collections, or board games. I might just restrict it to things you actually use to play D&D.

Welcome. What you said above described me before I found this place. Now I am finding so much more than just TSR. My guess is that it will happen to you too.  :D It great here, just kind of kind expensive for people like me with twitchy buying habits.

Nogrod

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:32 am 

Yep that's very possible. I did see some D&D coloring books that I thought my boys "needed".

I decided to drop items off my list that weren't directly related to "playing dungeons and dragons".  So after dropping the calendars, board games etc... and buying a couple more on Ebay my current standing is 499/889 = 390 items left.  Of course if each of those items cost me $5 (unlikely) that would still be about $2000 and of course I'm missing some of the big ones so probably closer to $4000.

I'm getting closer to a full set of the pastel modules just picked up D1 and S1 (and I9).  Just need C1, D2, G1, S2, and T1.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:55 am 

Hi all - Name's Patrick but I go by Qalest on forums and such (former D&D character of course).  I've been collecting D&D since elementary school (early eighties), but that TSR contest poster that displayed most of what TSR had published really got me going.  I've been a fly on the wall at The Acaeum for almost twenty years, and finally decided to break the silence.  Can't say I've got anything too jaw-droppingly rare (my eyes were opened during several Gen Cons where a manuscript of a module would sell here or there - sheesh!).  Sadly, my other interests keep me from investing too much into the rares.  

I live in MN near where Dave Arneson used to game so I feel a "home-boy" connection to him and his work.  

Only recently did I look into the forums and found vast information here with many super dedicated historians, collectors, and archivists.  Now I feel a bit over my head!  Talk of collecting multiple editions (the white box has how many?!), author owned items, and super-rare publications has me giddy and dizzy.  And whew! the competition!  How many D&D collectors have blossomed of late?  Seems like more and more each day (I blame 4th edition).  Anyway, I enjoy all the eBay talk, and the Barsh publications, Kickstarter gossip, etc...  I hope to see you all at Gen Con waving your auction cards - I'll be the one who overpaid on that water-damaged, moldy Hellbound the Blood War set.   :D

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:45 pm 

Welcome Patrick.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm 

Heya Patrick,

I am still new around here as well and would like to add my welcome as well. I only started collecting a little over a year ago swearing to myself that all I needed were reading copies of what I owned back in the day. Happily having spent more money than I wish to own up to online, I have caught the collecting bug and met many cool people from this forum IRL.

The Friday Night chats are a great place to meet other collectors, which is something I highly recommend because they are your best source for collectible quality items.

Zach

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 96 of 135123 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 133134135