Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 85 of 117123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 115116117
Author


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 29, 2012
Last Visit: May 24, 2012

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:37 am 
 

Hi.
Regin Glob 42 yrs from Denmark, northern Europe.
I have used The acaeum as a masterwork to knowledge through the years but somehow never got to the Forum part, stupid me...
I´ve been collecting D&D stuff for a few years, but it is hard to get around the good stuff in Denmark, it is not a collectors paradise if you search locally  but I use Ebay and pay way too much for everything, it´s expencive to be a danish collector.
I have collected some fun stuff by now but I guess that I like my SW silver anniversary box the most.
I also inherited a large collection of forgotten realms stuff from a friend. His great goal was to collect every thing that had to do with the Forgotten realms world in game terms, not the novels. Unfortunately he died tragically a year ago in a car accident, age 36 hit by a ghostrider on the highway, and never got to fulfill his collectors dream. So that is what I try to do in his memory (Rest in peace, Bjarke). His collection and the stuff I had myself means that I now is short of only 6 titles, to my knowledge.
I also sell used RPGbooks in Denmark so that roleplay will be a part of the future in our country as well as there are no established businesses selling usedRPG gear, you can see a very unupdated webpage http://www.wizardgames.dk or find me on facebook where I have a Mischellanous library for my stuff too:-)
Look forward to use this forum in the future. Thanks for a great site.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1787
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 04, 2020
Location: Indianapolis

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:55 am 
 

Welcome albatros131,

Look forward to seeing your posts in the forums.

Martin

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2021
Location: North West, South Africa

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am 
 

albatros131 wrote:Regin Glob 42 yrs from Denmark, northern Europe.
I have used The acaeum as a masterwork to knowledge through the years but somehow never got to the Forum part, stupid me...
I´ve been collecting D&D stuff for a few years, but it is hard to get around the good stuff in Denmark, it is not a collectors paradise if you search locally  but I use Ebay and pay way too much for everything, it´s expencive to be a danish collector.

Welcome! I share your pain in being geographically disadvantaged  :?

I also inherited a large collection of forgotten realms stuff from a friend. His great goal was to collect every thing that had to do with the Forgotten realms world in game terms, not the novels. Unfortunately he died tragically a year ago in a car accident, age 36 hit by a ghostrider on the highway, and never got to fulfill his collectors dream. So that is what I try to do in his memory (Rest in peace, Bjarke). His collection and the stuff I had myself means that I now is short of only 6 titles, to my knowledge.

That's an unfortunate way to inherit a collect -- sorry for your loss!  :(

Which six FR titles are you missing?

  


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 29, 2012
Last Visit: May 24, 2012

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:06 pm 
 

Thanks folks...
Yeah it was a tragic way to "earn" a collection, but I really want to finish it for him, that is the best I can do.
I still need:
Calimport
Volos guide to Cormyr.
Bloodstone wars.
Blood of the yakuza
4th edition players guide to forgotten realms and Newervinther campaign setting.

I´m not completely sure if I have everything else so if anyone knows a complete list of Forgotten realms game stuff then that would be great.
As collectors before me has mentioned then it is quite addictive, and I know that the next thing that will happen is that I will try and get all the computergames and then I will have to "re"get it all as SW and like others have said it just goes on and on and on.....

I have some interesting stuff for sale on ebay.uk if you are interested, some SW items and stuff, and I will only charge the cheapest shipping possible, but still from Denmark it is SOOOOO costly, and be sure it is the same the other way around:-) I might have spend more money on booktravelling from US and GB than actual books and stuff, who cares, I like it!

  


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 29, 2012
Last Visit: May 24, 2012

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
 

Here is my collection of Forgotten realms stuff : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 974&type=1
and when you are there take a look at michellanouspictures as well and see my little fortune :oops:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2021
Location: North West, South Africa

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 am 
 

albatros131 wrote:I´m not completely sure if I have everything else so if anyone knows a complete list of Forgotten realms game stuff then that would be great.

Something along these lines?

1st Edition boxed sets
Forgotten Realms Campaign Set (July 1987)
City System (July 1988)
Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms (October 1988)

1st Edition adventures and accessories
N5: Under Illefarn (September 1987)
I14: Swords of the Iron Legion (April 1988)
H4: Throne of Bloodstone (May 1988)
FRC1: Ruins of Adventure (August 1988)
REF5: Lords of Darkness (December 1988)

Forgotten Realms accessory series
FR1: Waterdeep and the North (October 1987)
FR2: Moonshae (November 1987)
FR3: Empires of the Sands (February 1988)
FR4: The Magister (May 1988)
FR5: The Savage Frontier (August 1988)
FR6: Dreams of the Red Wizards (November 1988)
FR7: Hall of Heroes (February 1989)
FR8: Cities of Mystery (June 1989)
FR9: The Bloodstone Lands (November 1989)
FR10: Old Empires (February 1990)
FR11: Dwarves Deep (October 1990)
FR12: Horde Campaign (May 1991)
FR13: Anauroch (November 1991)
FR14: The Great Glacier (August 1992)
FR15: Gold & Glory (November 1992)
FR16: The Shining South (April 1993)

2nd Edition boxed sets
Ruins of Undermountain (February 1991)
Menzoberranzan (September 1992)
The Ruins of Myth Drannor (February 1993)
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (June 1993)
The Ruins of Undermountain II: The Deep Levels (February 1994)
City of Splendors (July 1994)
Elminster's Ecologies (September 1994)
Ruins of Zhentil Keep (March 1995)
Spellbound (June 1995)
The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (April 1996)
Netheril: Empire of Magic (October 1996)
Lands of Intrigue (August 1997)
Empires of the Shining Sea (September 1998)

2nd Edition hardcover
Forgotten Realms Adventures (March 1990)

2nd Edition monster collections
MC3: Monstrous Compendium Volume Three: Forgotten Realms Appendix (November 1989)
MC6: Monstrous Compendium Kara-Tur Appendix (June 1990)
MC11: Monstrous Compendium Forgotten Realms Appendix (December 1991)

2nd Edition softcover accessories
FOR1: Draconomicon (September 1990)
FOR2: Drow of the Underdark (June 1991)
FOR3: Pirates of the Fallen Stars (February 1992)
FOR4: The Code of the Harpers (August 1993)
PG2: Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms (November 1993)
FOR5: Elves of Evermeet (March 1994)
FOR6: The Seven Sisters (April 1995)
FOR7: Giantcraft (August 1995)
Pages from the Mages (October 1995)
Wizards and Rogues of the Realms (November 1995)
Warriors and Priests of the Realms (January 1996)
Faiths & Avatars (March 1996)
Heroes' Lorebook (July 1996)
Powers & Pantheons (August 1997)
Prayers from the Faithful (December 1997)
FOR8: Cult of the Dragon (January 1998)
Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves (March 1998)
Villains' Lorebook (July 1998)
The City of Ravens Bluff (October 1998)
Demihuman Deities (November 1998)
Demihumans of the Realms (January 1999)
Skullport (June 1999)
Sea of Fallen Stars (August 1999)
Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark (November 1999)
FOR9: Secrets of the Magister (February 2000)

2nd Edition Volo's Guides
Volo's Guide to Waterdeep (December 1992)
Volo's Guide to the North (November 1993)
Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast (October 1994)
Volo's Guide to Cormyr (July 1995)
Volo's Guide to the Dalelands (June 1996)
Volo's Guide to All Things Magical (September 1996)
Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II (July 2000)

Other 2nd Edition accessories
Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog (June 1992)
FRS1: The Dalelands (October 1993)
Cormyr (January 1994)
Book of Lairs (December 1994)
The Moonsea (January 1995)
Elminster's Ecologies Appendix I: The Battle of Bones & Hill of Lost Souls (March 1995)
Elminster's Ecologies Appendix II: The High Moor & The Serpent Hills (September 1995)
The Vilhon Reach (May 1996)
Calimport (October 1998)

2nd Edition adventures
FRC2: Curse of the Azure Bonds (March 1989)
FRE1: Shadowdale (May 1989)
FRE2: Tantras (June 1989)
FRE3: Waterdeep (September 1989)
FA1: Halls of the High King (October 1990)
FA2: Nightmare Keep (April 1991)
FRQ1: Haunted Halls of Evening Star (May 1992)
FRQ2: Hordes of Dragonspear (October 1992)
FRM1: Jungles of Chult (May 1993)
FRQ3: Doom of Daggerdale (September 1993)
Marco Volo: Departure (May 1994)
Marco Volo: Journey (July 1994)
Marco Volo: Arrival (November 1994)
The Sword of the Dales (May 1995)
The Secret of Spiderhaunt (July 1995)
The Return of Randal Morn (September 1995)
Undermountain: The Lost Level (May 1996)
Undermountain: Maddgoth's Castle (August 1996)
How the Mighty are Fallen (November 1996)
Undermountain: Stardock (January 1997)
Castle Spulzeer (October 1997)
Four from Cormyr (November 1997)
Hellgate Keep (February 1998)
For Duty and Deity (May 1998)
The Fall of Myth Drannor (June 1998)
The Accursed Tower (March 1999)
Wyrmskull Throne (September 1999)
The Dungeon of Death (May 2000)
Cloak & Dagger (June 2000)

2nd Edition RPGA releases
LC1: Gateway to Ravens Bluff, the Living City (August 1989)
LC2: Inside Ravens Bluff, the Living City (July 1990)
LC3: Nightwatch in the Living City (March 1991)
LC4: Port of Ravens Bluff (July 1991)
Player's Guide to the Living City Campaign (April 1996)
Living City Campaign, Procampur Expansion Packet (1997)
Kidnapped (August 1998)

The Horde setting
The Horde Barbarian Campaign Setting (August 1990)
FRA1: Storm Riders (April 1990)
FRA2: Black Courser (July 1990)
FRA3: Blood Charge (November 1990)

Maztica setting
Maztica Campaign Set (June 1991)
FMA1: Fires of Zatal (August 1991)
FMA2: Endless Armies (October 1991)
FMQ1: City of Gold (March 1992)

Kara-Tur adventures
OA5: Mad Monkey vs. the Dragon Claw (December 1988)
OA6: Ronin Challenge (May 1990)
OA7: Test of the Samurai (December 1989)
FROA1: Ninja Wars (December 1990)

Maps
TM4: The City of Waterdeep Trail Map (November 1989)
TM5: Kara-Tur Trail Map (December 1989)
The Forgotten Realms Atlas (July 1990)
Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas (September 1999)
Forgotten Realms World Map (August 2011)
Neverwinter Campaign Map (February 2012)

Miniature reprints
Elminster's Ecologies (1999)
Menzoberranzan (1999)
The Ruins of Undermountain (1999)

3rd Edition products
Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor (September 2000)
Into the Dragon's Lair (October 2000)
Monsters of Faerûn (February 2001)
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (June 2001)
Magic of Faerûn (July 2001)
Lords of Darkness (October 2001)
Dungeon Master's Screen (February 2002)
Faiths and Pantheons (May 2002)
Silver Marches (July 2002)
City of the Spider Queen (September 2002)
Races of Faerûn (March 2003)
Unapproachable East (May 2003)
Underdark (October 2003)
Player's Guide to Faerûn (March 2004)
Serpent Kingdoms (July 2004)
Shining South (October 2004)
Lost Empires of Faerûn (February 2005)
Champions of Ruin (May 2005)
City of Splendors: Waterdeep (June 2005)
Sons of Gruumsh (September 2005)
Champions of Valor (November 2005)
Power of Faerûn (March 2006)
Mysteries of the Moonsea (June 2006)
Dragons of Faerûn (August 2006)
Twilight Tomb (September 2006)
FR1: Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave (March 2007)
Expedition to Undermountain (June 2007)
FR2: Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land (July 2007)
The Grand History of the Realms (September 2007)
FR3: Anauroch: The Empire of the Shade (November 2007)

4th Edition products
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (August 2008)
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (September 2008)
FR1: Scepter Tower of Spellguard (September 2008)
Beneath Haunted Halls (October 2008)
The Icy Queen's Crossing (November 2009)
D&D Encounters: Halaster's Lost Apprentice (March 2010)
DN1: Caverns of Icewind Dale: Dungeon Tiles (January 2011)
Neverwinter Campaign Setting (August 2011)
Gates of Neverdeath (Game Day, August 2011)
D&D Encounters: Lost Crown of Neverwinter (August 2011)
Neverwinter Fortune Cards (July 2011)
Lair Assault: Forge of the Dawn Titan (September 2011)
Halls of Undermountain (April 2012)

Edition-neutral products
Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue (August 2012)
Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms (October 2012)

Adventurer's Guild series
Vale of the Dragon Oracle (1Q1998)
The Fallen Archmage (2Q1998)
Special Delivery (3Q1998)
Dungeon of the Hark (4Q1998)
The Light Fantastic (1Q1999)
The Hand of Justice (2Q1999)
Crown of Salt (3Q1999)
Amongst Fungus (4Q1999)

Miscellaneous game products
I3: Pharaoh (January 1983)
I4: Oasis of the White Palm (February 1983)
I5: Lost Tomb of Martek (July 1983)
H1: Bloodstone Pass (July 1985)
Oriental Adventures (October 1985)
Forgotten Realms Play by Mail Game (1985)
OA1: Swords of the Daimyo (February 1986)
H2: The Mines of Bloodstone (December 1986)
OA2: Night of the Seven Swords (December 1986)
OA3: Ochimo the Spirit Warrior (January 1987)
I3-5: Desert of Desolation (May 1987)
OA4: Blood of the Yakuza (July 1987)
H3: The Bloodstone Wars (June 1987)
DQ1: The Shattered Statue (January 1988)
Castles: A 3-Dimensional Game Accessory ("Darkhold", October 1990)
SJR2: Realmspace (January 1991)
Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four (Asperii, Firestar, Ascallion, Vurgens, Gemstone Golem, Groundling, Inquisitor, Lythari, Shadowrath, Sewerm, Wizshade) (November 1998)
Secret Password (Loose page thieves' guild prop, 1998)
TSR Jam ("Vale of the Dragon Oracle", March 1999)
Epic Level Handbook ("Epic NPCs of Faerûn", July 2002)

Game books
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Adventure Gamebook #17: Spawn of Dragonspear (May 1988)
Catacombs Solo Quest #4: Knight of the Living Dead (May 1989)

Newsletter
Secrets of the Sages: Forgotten Realms Newsletter Summer 1988 (June 1988)

Board games
Mertwig's Maze Gamefolio (July 1988)
The Great Khan Game (May 1989)
Heroscape Master Set: Battle for the Underdark (January 2010)
Heroscape Small Expansion Set: Champions of the Forgotten Realms (March 2010)
Heroscape Small Expansion Set: Moltenclaw's Invasion (November 2010)
The Legend of Drizzt Board Game (October 2011)
The Legend of Drizzt Board Game Vierna Do'Urden promo card (October 2011)
Lords of Waterdeep Board Game Inevitable Betrayal promo card (January 2012)
Lords of Waterdeep (March 2012)

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 340
Joined: Mar 23, 2010
Last Visit: Feb 18, 2016
Location: France

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 pm 
 

albatros131 wrote:Hi.
Regin Glob 42 yrs from Denmark, northern Europe.
I have used The acaeum as a masterwork to knowledge through the years but somehow never got to the Forum part, stupid me...
I´ve been collecting D&D stuff for a few years, but it is hard to get around the good stuff in Denmark, it is not a collectors paradise if you search locally  but I use Ebay and pay way too much for everything, it´s expencive to be a danish collector.
I have collected some fun stuff by now but I guess that I like my SW silver anniversary box the most.
I also inherited a large collection of forgotten realms stuff from a friend. His great goal was to collect every thing that had to do with the Forgotten realms world in game terms, not the novels. Unfortunately he died tragically a year ago in a car accident, age 36 hit by a ghostrider on the highway, and never got to fulfill his collectors dream. So that is what I try to do in his memory (Rest in peace, Bjarke). His collection and the stuff I had myself means that I now is short of only 6 titles, to my knowledge.
I also sell used RPGbooks in Denmark so that roleplay will be a part of the future in our country as well as there are no established businesses selling usedRPG gear, you can see a very unupdated webpage http://www.wizardgames.dk or find me on facebook where I have a Mischellanous library for my stuff too:-)
Look forward to use this forum in the future. Thanks for a great site.


Welcome ! Happy to have a new member from Denmark.

  


Collector

Posts: 7
Joined: May 02, 2012
Last Visit: Jun 17, 2021

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm 
 

Hi everyone,
I'm Jim age 38
Played D $ D in the 80s.  Now that I'm older, I have lots of nostalgia for my old hobbies.  I recently bought reading copies of DMG, PH, FF, MM, D&Demigods and had a blast re-reading them.  I've been a collector of all sorts of odd things in the past and now have gotten the bug to collect 1E D&D.  I've decided to concentrate on just a small subset of items to begin with so that I dont get too overwhelmed.  
I think I'll start with Module cover artwork by Erol Otus.  There is something about his work that I really associate.  Perhaps it stems from having started out my playing career with the purple box basic set.  
What I plan on collecting:
1)  Modules with cover art by Erol Otis (SW preferably)
2)  Modules with back cover art by Erol Otis
3)  More decent Erol Otus cover art such as on Dungeon Crawl Classics
I got to start making a list of all of these works
BTW, thanks to the Acaeum.  What a great site and resource.  

Thanks everyone.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1787
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 04, 2020
Location: Indianapolis

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:42 pm 
 

Welcome Mykridius,

Here at the Acaeum you can also collect in-person experiences with Erol.  I will be playing in a rpg with him during the North Texas Role Playing Games Convention June 6-9.  The Convention is owned and operated by our very ScketreWhisp and Badmike.  Many of the old-guard personalities attend.  You should too.

Martin

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:00 pm 
 

Welcome, Mykridius!

Otus is the iconic artist (say that seven times fast) for a lot of old-school gamers.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 430
Joined: Feb 09, 2012
Last Visit: May 11, 2021
Location: Cottonwood, Az

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 pm 
 

Mykridius,

Welcome to the forum from another newish member. I too love Erol Otus' artwork and find it iconic of the period.

My only plan when I started collecting again after 20 years away from the hobby was to pick-up reading copies of the things I used to own back in the day. Many months and a few thousand dollars later I will give you a warning up front. The people on the forum are nice and their love of older edition RPG's is contagious. I encourage you to join the Friday night chat and introduce yourself there as well.

Once again, welcome to the forum.

Zach



  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3375
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jun 19, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm 
 

Welcome to both new members, it's good to see more new (old) faces collecting, hang around and watch your spare time and money drip away  :lol:


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 52
Joined: May 03, 2012
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2017
Location: Deep in the heart

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm 
 

Greetings members,

As I mentioned in my first post in another thread, I am a long time lurker, newbie poster and occasional sniper.  I have bought from some of you and bid against a few of you.  

You could say that I fit the profile of an Acaeum member.  My introduction to D&D was through the Game Shop in Norman, OK in 1979 when I was fifteen.  My first acquisition was a Blue Sutherland Basic D&D box set with Holmes, B1 and dice.  This was probably a birthday present.  I still have the rules, module and three of the dice.  Alas, the D4, D8 and the box are long gone.  I purchased Random House copies of the MM, PHB and DMG as soon as they were available in the B. Daltons Bookseller or Waldenbooks.  I still have them with all my hand written notes and covers taped.  My last new purchase was the Monster Manual II.  I gave away about four years worth of Dragon Magazines (issues 50-96) when I graduated college.  I kept most everything else.

I have a couple of catalogs from the Dungeon Hobby shop, with the large decorated manila envelopes, from sending in a request for a catalog.  These would have been from 79~82.  Does anyone collect these?  I can't find much information about them online.  To me, the envelope art is the best part.  I also have a couple of the ubiquitous "Gateway to Adventure" catalogs.

I first started lurking on the Acaeum in 2003 after I discovered eBay and the cool D&D stuff people were giving away.  I am rediscovering my youth, acquiring things I couldn't afford when I was younger.  My primary collecting interests are first edition AD&D, Basic and original, though I have bought some Castle Zagyg stuff and some other newer things.  I am especially interested in the pre-Random House editions of the hardbacks.  I would like to upgrade my little collection of monos.  I have a few copies of the OCE/LBB sets and supplements as well as Arduin.  Would like more.  Hoping to find that $2.00 woodgrain.  

I like to play Diplomacy online and used to play a lot of CivII Mutilplayer.  I also collect Avalon Hill games.  I haven't played a round of D&D since I was a freshman in college, but I would like to again, someday.  

LB

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7957
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 18, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm 
 

Lurker Below wrote:Greetings members,

As I mentioned in my first post in another thread, I am a long time lurker, newbie poster and occasional sniper.  I have bought from some of you and bid against a few of you.  

You could say that I fit the profile of an Acaeum member.  My introduction to D&D was through the Game Shop in Norman, OK in 1979 when I was fifteen.  My first acquisition was a Blue Sutherland Basic D&D box set with Holmes, B1 and dice.  This was probably a birthday present.  I still have the rules, module and three of the dice.  Alas, the D4, D8 and the box are long gone.  I purchased Random House copies of the MM, PHB and DMG as soon as they were available in the B. Daltons Bookseller or Waldenbooks.  I still have them with all my hand written notes and covers taped.  My last new purchase was the Monster Manual II.  I gave away about four years worth of Dragon Magazines (issues 50-96) when I graduated college.  I kept most everything else.

I have a couple of catalogs from the Dungeon Hobby shop, with the large decorated manila envelopes, from sending in a request for a catalog.  These would have been from 79~82.  Does anyone collect these?  I can't find much information about them online.  To me, the envelope art is the best part.  I also have a couple of the ubiquitous "Gateway to Adventure" catalogs.

I first started lurking on the Acaeum in 2003 after I discovered eBay and the cool D&D stuff people were giving away.  I am rediscovering my youth, acquiring things I couldn't afford when I was younger.  My primary collecting interests are first edition AD&D, Basic and original, though I have bought some Castle Zagyg stuff and some other newer things.  I am especially interested in the pre-Random House editions of the hardbacks.  I would like to upgrade my little collection of monos.  I have a few copies of the OCE/LBB sets and supplements as well as Arduin.  Would like more.  Hoping to find that $2.00 woodgrain.  

I like to play Diplomacy online and used to play a lot of CivII Mutilplayer.  I also collect Avalon Hill games.  I haven't played a round of D&D since I was a freshman in college, but I would like to again, someday.  

LB


Welcome Lurker!

Where are you located? We have a pretty fun community of gamers in the North Texas area that play old school D&D and other games (one based in Plano and the other based here in the mid cities which is basically myself and several Acaeum members).  Also look into attending the North Texas RPG con if you get a chance, it is coming on June 7th and has a huge Acaeum/collector presence.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 52
Joined: May 03, 2012
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2017
Location: Deep in the heart

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:38 pm 
 

Thanks Badmike,

I am four hours south of you on I-45, or as locals call it, the North Freeway.  I have other commitments that will keep me away from the con.  Do you have a storefront to visit the next time I am passing through the Metroplex?  

Lurker Below

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7957
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 18, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm 
 

Lurker Below wrote:Thanks Badmike,

I am four hours south of you on I-45, or as locals call it, the North Freeway.  I have other commitments that will keep me away from the con.  Do you have a storefront to visit the next time I am passing through the Metroplex?  

Lurker Below


No storefront, but you can PM when you are in town to see if anything is going on. BTW there is a large contingent of old school gamers in Houston, the home of Matt Finch (Swords & Wizardry) and others. Check out Owlcon and other game gatherings in that part of Texas.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 220
Joined: May 15, 2012
Last Visit: Jun 07, 2021
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm 
 

Hi all, first time poster here and short term lurker.  I just wish I found out about this site sooner!  A big thank you goes to all of you and your detective work in identifying printings and it helped me identify what I have and how to look for what I want to get in the future.  Some of you I probably have bid against on eBay and I know of at least one of you who have bought AD&D stuff from me on eBay.  Very cool site and very helpful forum!

As for me I am collector of primarily AD&D 1st edition stuff with some books from 2nd, 3.5 and Basic D&D items although nowhere near what some of you have in your collections.  I also play all editions of D&D and some other OGL games like Conan.  I live in Wisconsin.  I'm gonna have some catching up to do reading all the posts!  I'll also be listing a few wants in the Classified as well as things I have for sale/trade; the big item being a Dungeon Masters Guide 2nd Print Alpha in VG+/NM condition.  A big thank you those who clarified that printing since the History of TSR book from the Silver Anniversary box set says that printing is the first.  Now I'll have to find a real first.  Looking forward to being a contributing member!

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2044
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 11, 2021
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 am 
 

Welcome to the Acaeum mrmanowar!!! New collectors and contributors always welcome. You'll certainly get some interest in your DMG 2nd print Alpha here!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3461
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 19, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:13 pm 
 

Welcome mrmanowar!  Looks like you will fit right in.  Since you have just started browsing around, you'll probably discover that you'll keep finding treasure troves of goodness and information.  I've been around a while, and I keep learning things about this hobby.  Welcome and enjoy!   :)


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  


Collector

Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2012

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am 
 

Hello all,

I'm Tom, age 44. I've lurked for a while, mostly reading Bill Owens' commentary in the Judges Guild forums, and recently took the plunge to register. I played a pile of D&D with the Holmes basic set (lizard man logo) back in '78, then AD&D 1e sporadically through the mid- to late-80s. I recently discovered the classic Judges Guild Wilderlands material and have been buying selected items with an eye toward running an OSR campaign. RPGNow has quite a bit but there's nothing like the originals to make one appreciate the craftsmanship--of varying quality, admittedly--that went into JG products.

Acaeum is an excellent collector's and browser's resource. Thanks to everyone who has built it and who helps keep it up.

T

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 85 of 117123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 115116117