Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 10 of 131123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 129130131
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:36 pm 
 

wherebouts you live mate? i got my girlfriend and my daughter stuck in the middle of B2 atm. they have just done B4 and got roped into this one on their way back to a town they were travelling to :)

its all good fun, which is the main thing!



  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5677
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:32 pm 
 

b_stedman wrote:Greyhawk man myself (Hi Grodog - great site) - 1st Ed mostly.


Thanks BJS :D


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 45
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 13, 2018

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:46 pm 
 

>>Welcome Pat, I will probably be at the Different Worlds booth at DunDraCon again this year, perhaps I'll see you there<<

Hi, At this point, I believe I will be going.  I may sneak in and look for you.  Are you familiar with Dwayne Fox?  He is a freind of mine.  

Pat

  


Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 199
Joined: Feb 06, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 12, 2017
Location: The Outlands

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:20 pm 
 

Hi there. Found this place a while ago, forgot about it, rediscovered it and decided I should stop lurking around. My name's Mia, 24 year old gamer girl from Pennsylvania.

My D&D collection is likely a speck compared to everyone here. I get what I need to play and use it well. :}

So what do I collect, then? Planescape! A few friends of mine have used the words "rabidly" and "obsessive-compulsively" to describe my collecting, though I much prefer "passionately", myself. Simply, I love the setting, and my collection has grown into something I'm quite proud of.

I'd like to use the items I have and what I've learned to help other people with their collections, so I figured coming here was a decent idea. :} Also, hi to you sellers I bought stuff from. (burntwire, you've no idea how long I was looking for those faction pins... they were worth every penny to me. and I'm sure that gives away my ebay name ;) )

My favorite pieces in my collection: Faction pins, stickers, and my newly acquired Lady o' Pain flask.
Elusive thing: Ral Partha Black Abishai (one last mini. sigh.)
The one that got away: Planescape TSR staff sweatshirt a couple years ago. Why did I miss that auction! It makes me all weepy. :(
I'm jealous of: Whoever had the cash to buy that rk post painting that was to be the Modron March cover.

Ok, enough from me then. Thanks!

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:01 am 
 

a gamer girl... wow :P

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 762
Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 25, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:07 am 
 

Howdy Mia,


Welcome aboard. It is great to have folks like you on this board. We're 90% curmudgeons and we tend to focus on older gaming materials. It will strengthen the collecting community to have you here when Planescape questions come up. You can be the resident expert. :)

Azurah wrote:My D&D collection is likely a speck compared to everyone here. I get what I need to play and use it well. :}

So what do I collect, then? Planescape! A few friends of mine have used the words "rabidly" and "obsessive-compulsively" to describe my collecting, though I much prefer "passionately", myself. Simply, I love the setting, and my collection has grown into something I'm quite proud of.


Nonsense. Your collection is exactly what a collection should be: quality. Quantity is meaningless and silly if you don't take great pleasure in the quality of your collection. Collecting EVERYTHING is a great way to burn out (and go broke) too. Your approach is the most sensible and certainly the one I've taken over the years. My collection isn't huge but it certainly is one of quality. More importantly, every item is something I enjoy and use in some fashion for gaming (inspiration or actual use).

My collection mirrors the virtual one constructed on the Acaeum and is similar to the goals of many on this forum. Eventually, however, this or some other site will need to start serving the needs of the 2nd edition players entering into their Silver Age of collecting. PDF's have derailed the coming of this time a wee bit, but I can't imagine it will affect the desire to collect such things down the road.

Good to have a new young face here. Welcome.


Futures Bright,

Paul


The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:09 pm 
 

Azurah wrote:Hi there. Found this place a while ago, forgot about it, rediscovered it and decided I should stop lurking around. My name's Mia, 24 year old gamer girl from Pennsylvania.

My D&D collection is likely a speck compared to everyone here. I get what I need to play and use it well. :}

So what do I collect, then? Planescape! A few friends of mine have used the words "rabidly" and "obsessive-compulsively" to describe my collecting, though I much prefer "passionately", myself. Simply, I love the setting, and my collection has grown into something I'm quite proud of.

I'd like to use the items I have and what I've learned to help other people with their collections, so I figured coming here was a decent idea. :} Also, hi to you sellers I bought stuff from. (burntwire, you've no idea how long I was looking for those faction pins... they were worth every penny to me. and I'm sure that gives away my ebay name ;) )

My favorite pieces in my collection: Faction pins, stickers, and my newly acquired Lady o' Pain flask.
Elusive thing: Ral Partha Black Abishai (one last mini. sigh.)
The one that got away: Planescape TSR staff sweatshirt a couple years ago. Why did I miss that auction! It makes me all weepy. :(
I'm jealous of: Whoever had the cash to buy that rk post painting that was to be the Modron March cover.

Ok, enough from me then. Thanks!


Hey Mia, Welcome to the site.  I just wondering a couple of things. First off I am also from PA. am I'm just curious what part of the state are you from?
Secondly and I am hoping that this is a no, but you didnt happen to win the flask you were speaking f from a seller called "cjcornwall" from the UK by any chance did you?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 199
Joined: Feb 06, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 12, 2017
Location: The Outlands

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:15 am 
 

Thanks for the nice welcome. :) I'm certainly hoping I can contribute in some fashion.

stormber - You've certainly got a point, though I occasionally feel like I'm going broke, regardless. ;) My collection makes me feel rather good... just to look at the items that took so much work to acquire and, of course, to put the materials to good use and scare your players with a big old Glabrezu... >:}

bclarkie - Nice to meet someone else from PA. I'm right by the sparkling blue waters of Lake Erie. (hah.) Anywhere close? And secondly, I am now afraid, but yes, that's the seller I won from. I'm hoping you're just going to inform me that he was shilling, though I'm going to brace myself for having my week ruined... what's up? *looks nervous*

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:31 am 
 

ya that guy got banned for shilling seejay2000 was his shill account..

so are you hot?  :wink: j/k

I was gonna bid on that flask but I have too much crap as it is :D

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1231
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:14 pm 
 

Azurah wrote:My favorite pieces in my collection: Faction pins, stickers, and my newly acquired Lady o' Pain flask.
Elusive thing: Ral Partha Black Abishai (one last mini. sigh.)
The one that got away: Planescape TSR staff sweatshirt a couple years ago. Why did I miss that auction! It makes me all weepy. :(
I'm jealous of: Whoever had the cash to buy that rk post painting that was to be the Modron March cover.

Ok, enough from me then. Thanks!


Hi Mia,
Welcome to the forums. We are glad you liked the Faction Pins.  Monte Cook's Planescape Sweatshirt(these were only given to employees who worked on the Planescape setting) is in our collection. If you are interested in purchasing it PM us.

Happy collecting,
Shawn
&
Devon

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:54 pm 
 

Azurah wrote:Thanks for the nice welcome. :) I'm certainly hoping I can contribute in some fashion.

stormber - You've certainly got a point, though I occasionally feel like I'm going broke, regardless. ;) My collection makes me feel rather good... just to look at the items that took so much work to acquire and, of course, to put the materials to good use and scare your players with a big old Glabrezu... >:}

bclarkie - Nice to meet someone else from PA. I'm right by the sparkling blue waters of Lake Erie. (hah.) Anywhere close? And secondly, I am now afraid, but yes, that's the seller I won from. I'm hoping you're just going to inform me that he was shilling, though I'm going to brace myself for having my week ruined... what's up? *looks nervous*


Hey Mia, I am actually from Pittsburgh so I am not to far away from you maybe 2 1/2 hours. I didn't mean to scare too bad adn the good news is I dont know anything bad about the actual item you bought.  The bad news though is that unfortuanely as Draco stated, you were shilled on that auction. Cjcornwall shilled all of his auctions with a bidder name of seejay2000.  Both,  thankfully have now been removed from Ebay thanks to a few people from this forum . At least you recieved it are you happy with it.  :D  :D  :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 199
Joined: Feb 06, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 12, 2017
Location: The Outlands

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:27 am 
 

draco76 - Hot? Up to you to decide :P My bank account is glad you didn't bid on the flask, though. ;}

bclarkie - Ahh! Pittsburgh. Nice Place. I've got relatives there. Certainly is more to do there...

From watching cjcornwall, I figured he was shilling... I mean, cj...seejay...duhr. Way to be creative! Glad some of you guys busted him. I just wanted the flask, and I didn't pay too much for it, so it was worth it anyway. I just feel bad for whoever had to pay so much for that paperweight.

burntwire - Thanks for the welcome and the info! Most assuredly PM'd you. (if I did it right)

  


Active Collector

Posts: 18
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2006
Location: Essex, UK

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:27 am 
 

Have had a few looks at the site over the last couple of weeks and thought it time to stop 'lurking'.
First the usual. Name: Spencer Age: 37 Started playing: around '76, my best friend's older brother brought a basic set back from the US after a holiday and we were hooked. Played regularly up until about 1990.
Luckily kept all my early stuff in good condition, but have massive gaps from about '87 on. Time and money have now allowed me to start filling the void.
My other main interest is reptiles and have a large number of mainly Rainbow Boas (My website is Rainbowboa.co.uk - if you are interested in that sort of thing). We also have a number of other animals parrots, sting-rays, ferrets, cats, et al, and they take my time and money, but what's left is going on D&D stuff.
If my wife ever sees my current EBay spending you will not hear from me again.
Nice to meet you all!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am 
 

Epicrates_cenchria wrote:Have had a few looks at the site over the last couple of weeks and thought it time to stop 'lurking'.
First the usual. Name: Spencer Age: 37 Started playing: around '76, my best friend's older brother brought a basic set back from the US after a holiday and we were hooked. Played regularly up until about 1990.
Luckily kept all my early stuff in good condition, but have massive gaps from about '87 on. Time and money have now allowed me to start filling the void.
My other main interest is reptiles and have a large number of mainly Rainbow Boas (My website is Rainbowboa.co.uk - if you are interested in that sort of thing). We also have a number of other animals parrots, sting-rays, ferrets, cats, et al, and they take my time and money, but what's left is going on D&D stuff.
If my wife ever sees my current EBay spending you will not hear from me again.
Nice to meet you all!


spencer nice to meet you :)
hey just say "i am buying christmas presents - thought you would like a nice mint copy of T1-4 and a nice TSR t-shirt" :D



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm 
 

Epicrates_cenchria wrote:Have had a few looks at the site over the last couple of weeks and thought it time to stop 'lurking'.
First the usual. Name: Spencer Age: 37 Started playing: around '76, my best friend's older brother brought a basic set back from the US after a holiday and we were hooked. Played regularly up until about 1990.
Luckily kept all my early stuff in good condition, but have massive gaps from about '87 on. Time and money have now allowed me to start filling the void.
My other main interest is reptiles and have a large number of mainly Rainbow Boas (My website is Rainbowboa.co.uk - if you are interested in that sort of thing). We also have a number of other animals parrots, sting-rays, ferrets, cats, et al, and they take my time and money, but what's left is going on D&D stuff.
If my wife ever sees my current EBay spending you will not hear from me again.
Nice to meet you all!


Hey Spencer. Welcome to the board :D . I have noticed on Ebay before bidding on lots of stuff I had my eye on :wink: .


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: May 14, 2013
Location: Essex, UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:37 am 
 

Hiya,

wow, someone else living in Essex.

Welcome here.

Cheers,
malcolm

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
Last Visit: May 18, 2005

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:39 pm 
 

Hi  ya-

My name is Scott Holst
Born in the year of our lord 1964
Live in the greatest City in the World: Chicago Ill. a gaming group around every corner!
Survived a tour in both Afganastan and Iraq, I am an Army reservist Military Police.

Currently I am DM'ing a 3.5 D&D game and playing in a 3.5 D&D game as a Cleric/ Rogue 1/2 elf. Chicago is overflowing with players!
I usually sell wargames on eBay, but once in while, I'll dump a D&D supplement I did'nt like on eBay. A freind of mine passed away earlier this year and his family requested I sell all his GI Joe collection, Mini-cars collection( Hot wheels, matchbox ect ect.)on eBay, so thats what I'm currently selling, although I really have no idea how much that stuff is worth.
Anyway, I enjoy coming to this forum because it lets me know what sellers to avoid on eBay, a very nice deal indeed.

Scott

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 pm 
 

sgt scott wrote:Survived a tour in both Afganastan and Iraq, I am an Army reservist Military Police.


Hey Scott, I just thought I welcome you here and say thanks for your service, it is VERY appreciated :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 10 of 131123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 129130131