Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 89 of 135123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 133134135
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm 

Echohawk,

Congrats on the collection.  Seems to me you would be a very knowledgeable person to have around these forums.  Don't be shy about posting.  

WELCOME!!!

Martin

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 am 

hey guys,
now that i think of it, I've never had the politeness to introduce myself either...

My name's Luca, 39 yo from the fog ridden city of Bologna, Italy...
As for Echohawk, I've joined the forum years ago, albeit not posting too much (i.e. almost never), and i have had the pleasure of doing business with a few of you guys - heck, I even met Doug in person when he came to Italy in 2008 and brought me the scandalously over-priced copy of the Ghost Tower of Inverness i had bought from him.. ;-)

I started to play D&D when I was 15, and I never stopped since, going from D&D to AD&D, to 3rd ed, 3.5 and recently going back to the retro clones.
I started owning my first modules and rulebooks soon after i begun DMing for my fiends, and the urge to own all the material i wanted to use never left me. In the end, I realized i unknowingly transformed myself into a... COLLECTOR!

Over the years I decided to set my goal as possessing all the published items for D&D, preferrably SW. (don't ask me why, some dayy I just woke up and decided that shiny Shrinkwraps were better than open modules...)
So far, I probably have 80-90% of the publications, and many of them SW.
I also have complete collections of 3 and 3.5 items, most of them 1st prints, but I drove the line at that. No 4th ed. heresy for me.
I just finished to catalog them, I'll make a point to find some time to snap some pictures and post them, if I'll ever understend how to do this

I'm still well behind when it comes to the rares, but I'm trying to catch up... Last year I brought to Italy my copy of the 1st printing woodgrain, Huzzah! :-))

Thanks for having me in the community, and thank you guys for the never ending well of knowledge I can tap on in these boards
I know that Italy is already represented here by such important figures as Alexander, but if I can be of any help for something just let me know.

game on and ciao!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am 

superkella wrote:My name's Luca, 39 yo from the fog ridden city of Bologna, Italy...

Sounds like a bunch of baloney to me.... :wink:  Welcome!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 am 

Hi superkella,

Always nice to have more folks from countries other than Canada and America.  Good Luck with the SW - that's too expensive and fustrating for me to try.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 pm 

Echohawk wrote: This places me at a significant geographic disadvantage when it comes to collecting. But on the other hand, I suspect that I can claim to have the largest D&D collection on at least one continent

I can relate. I must be an important collector in the continent of Puerto Rico!

:D

Hector

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:21 pm 

I need to move to Greenland. It's the only way I'll ever possibly distinguish myself as a collector :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:47 am 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:I need to move to Greenland. It's the only way I'll ever possibly distinguish myself as a collector :).

Or Antarctica; the competition for D&D collections can't be huge there  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:56 am 

Echohawk wrote:Or Antarctica; the competition for D&D collections can't be huge there  :D

Except that what you think is a shrinkwrapped copy of Tegel Manor lying in the snow is actually.. the Thing.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm 

sauromatian wrote:
Except that what you think is a shrinkwrapped copy of Tegel Manor lying in the snow is actually.. the Thing.

Right at this moment Smarmy1 is buying a plane ticket to antartica.  The thougth of shring in subzero temps becoming hard and rigid and possibly breaking is more than that man can take.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 pm 

Echohawk wrote:Or Antarctica; the competition for D&D collections can't be huge there  :D

Beyond the Mountains of Mad Collecting

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 am 

Hi, this account is between myself and my son, mainly because we used his email. He and I have been playing dnd for years, myself since the 70s and him since 3.5 came out.

I had stopped in the 90s but with my sons interest we have run campaigns together and it has really been a bonding experience.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 am 

dryan wrote:Hi, this account is between myself and my son, mainly because we used his email. He and I have been playing dnd for years, myself since the 70s and him since 3.5 came out.

I had stopped in the 90s but with my sons interest we have run campaigns together and it has really been a bonding experience.

welcome to the forum!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am 

dryan,

Welcome to you and your son.  Where do your interests lie in collecting (D&D, AD&D, 3.5, other)?

Martin

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 am 

dryan wrote:Hi, this account is between myself and my son, mainly because we used his email. He and I have been playing dnd for years, myself since the 70s and him since 3.5 came out.

Another 3.5 player!!!!   :D

Welcome.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:11 pm 

Right now collecting has taken a back seat to bills, we live in the area hit by the storms this past summer and more recently in October. However, for myself it would have to be in the remembering aspect often game. Thinking back to when I first played and the stories that unfolded.

One thing about collecting I have always enjoyed is the stories, hearing where things came from and the memories attached.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm 

Welcome! I am introducing my two sons (13 and 11) to D&D. Hoping it will help us bond even more and teach them as much as it taught me.

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. The sun shines bright every day, my friend. Hang in there!   8)

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:25 pm 

My son came to me after reading some of the Dungeons and Dragons books, specifically about The Underdark, so that's what got him into it. Then he remembered I had some boxes of dnd stuff in the attic and here I am a few years later.

Yeah, nothing you can do about it.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 pm 

dryan wrote:My son came to me after reading some of the Dungeons and Dragons books, specifically about The Underdark, so that's what got him into it. Then he remembered I had some boxes of dnd stuff in the attic and here I am a few years later.

Yeah, nothing you can do about it.

I'm wondering if my future holds something similar in store. I don't actively "recruit" my sons (8 and 6) into roleplaying like some, but there's quite a bit of D&D/AD&D stuff laying around the house, not to mention SF and fantasy books, and I'm sure they'll start picking it up eventually. Personally, I've lost all interest in actually playing RPGs, but I could envision a scenario where their enthusiasm reinvigorates my own :).

Good luck to you on recovering from the storm/flood damage. We had a lot of that around here, too (central NY) from Lee.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 89 of 135123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 133134135