Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 86 of 135123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:19 am 

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

What part of New England are you in? Not enough of us around here!

Im in Vermont - how about you?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 am 

Posr wrote:Im in Vermont - how about you?

Boston

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:02 am 

Making the intro round at the suggestion of a recent friend...Smarmy1.
He pointed me to this site when I was looking through all my old games trying to determine their values.

Don't recall when I started gaming and collecting.  Probably around 1978.
Primarily, I have been gaming on and off every few year since then.  With a huge break prior to D&D 3rd Edition.  Been spending the last year picking up the interesting items I have missed for the last decade.

Plus, cataloguing and preparing to trade or sell off everthing else I have gathered up over the previous years, I no longer have the space nor need to keep, anymore.

(It really sucks when you find several boxes missing and have no idea where they went to :)

~Scathaigh~

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 am 

Welcome and good luck in your collecting.  You've come to the right place.  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 am 

Welcome, and hope you find those missing boxes.
Trading can be very helpful as it leaves out the need for a lot of cash changing hands.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 am 

Welcome   :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:23 pm 

Hi!  Figure I been here long enough that this is warranted.

First exposure to D&D was around age 10 in the Philippines (maybe 1984ish).  I ended up with a pregen Cleric, and not understanding game mechanics, dropped a Blade Barrier on top of the front line melee.

I remember throwing my collection in the trash around age 19 after moving back to the US from Japan.  I'll spare everyone the painful details.  Girls and cars were the order of the day.

Got a car, girl, degree, job, kid, and somewhere around 3 years ago decided it would be neat to read some of the stuff I played with as a kid.  I grabbed a lot off of eBay that had a couple rulebooks and modules in it with absolutely no thought of collecting.  And the rest is $ I'll never get back.

I would like to thank everyone who makes this forum go - it has been an invaluable resource for the last 3 years, and with it, I have managed to recapture (or at least put on a shelf for later perusal) some of the things that brought me joy from childhood.

Thanks Acaeum.

And man, I'd be a total tool if I didn't thank TSR, FASA, and GDW as well.  You guys totally blew the doors off of the remote control car and out-imagined the legos.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:44 pm 

Hi guys,

Finally registered on the Acaeum - been lurking for a while.   I started playing AD&D in high school back in the 90s - mostly Greyhawk.  Played some Planescape in college - haven't played any D&D since.  

My interest in D&D these days is in the fantasy art - I still love the stuff.   I have a few paintings that were used for cover art & always keeping my eye open for original art that was used on Greyhawk modules/sourcebooks.

I look forwarding to chattin' with you all.

-Dan

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:13 pm 

danull wrote:Hi guys,

Finally registered on the Acaeum - been lurking for a while.   I started playing AD&D in high school back in the 90s - mostly Greyhawk.  Played some Planescape in college - haven't played any D&D since.  

My interest in D&D these days is in the fantasy art - I still love the stuff.   I have a few paintings that were used for cover art & always keeping my eye open for original art that was used on Greyhawk modules/sourcebooks.

-Dan

Welcome. Careful...this is addictive!

Hector :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:51 pm 

danull wrote:Hi guys,

-Dan

Welcome!  I am just starting my own fantasy art collection.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm 

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for creating such a great resource.

:)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:35 pm 

Chainsaw wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for creating such a great resource.

Welcome danull and chainsaw.

I collect a bit of art myself.  I have a Horsely, Deterlizzi, Frazier, Pavelec, and my newest is a Easley and Szczudlo collaboration.

Martin

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:22 pm 

Chainsaw wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for creating such a great resource.

Welcome, Chainsaw!     :D

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:21 pm 

Thanks guys. Not that I expect you to remember, but you might - I'm Donovan from NTRPG Con 2010. I think I played in a few games with both of you, but I can't remember which ones.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:38 pm 

I remember the name.  And yes we did play in some games together.
Will you be making the con this year?

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:06 pm 

Sadly, no. I had planned on coming (and even registered), but later found out that my sister's getting married that same weekend.  Thanks sis!  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 pm 

Chainsaw wrote:Sadly, no. I had planned on coming (and even registered), but later found out that my sister's getting married that same weekend.  Thanks sis!  :lol:

I do indeed remember, and saw you post elsewhere (the NTRPGCon forum?) about the wedding.  I still think you should have insisted she get married at the convention.  I'm sure Doug and Mike could have fit something in between the raffle and the auction.   :lol:

And if you're ever in the Chicago area, the offer still stands.   8)

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:41 pm 

Hey Chainsaw!  I remember you from the Con as well.  Good to see you here!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 86 of 135123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 133134135