Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 85 of 135123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 133134135
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Actually, quite a group of Canadians here.  Just off the top of my head we have Blackmoor, Mars, PaulKM, davidc, Shottglazz and others I cannot remember.

By the way, if things hold true to form you will soon be outbidding me in auctions which is what the rest of the Canadians do.

Martin

ergo, we are reaching our limit on Canadians, right?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm 

Yeah, it almost seems like we've pegged our sense of self-worth to a rising dollar. Every generation or two we start coming out of our igloos and acknowledging our interests and existence, joining forums and outbidding our  fellow eBayers and being downright noticeable!
<laughing>

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:59 pm 

FormCritic wrote:ergo, we are reaching our limit on Canadians, right?

Also Deimos, g026r, and a few others come to mind like Netrodent and Grayson who I haven't seen around for a bit.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:02 pm 

Shottglazz wrote:Thanks for the welcome...almost the limit of Canadians? You mean both of us? :D

Welcome Shottglazz.
There are many threads here worth checking out. You'll find the collector's here well informed.
Glad you've joined.
<smile>

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:25 pm 

Hello evryone. i have a number of old dungeon magazines and one dragon magazine from 1995 to 1999. there's a total of 15, including all the series for 1998. is there anyone interested in these, and what would your offer be for them?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 pm 

rbenning wrote:Hello evryone. i have a number of old dungeon magazines and one dragon magazine from 1995 to 1999. there's a total of 15, including all the series for 1998. is there anyone interested in these, and what would your offer be for them?

Hello.

There is a Classifieds section in The Acaeum; you should post there. I suggest also putting up some pictures so buyers can see what you're offering.

Though I gotta tell you: some of that stuff is fairly common, and collectors here are mostly into rarer/older stuff. But good luck!

Hector.

Already done. Thanks!

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 am 

Hello All!

I've been using this site for info on my own collecting for awhile now and thought, "hey, why not join the forums?" so here I am.  I've been an avid gamer since '94 and a hardcore collector since not too long after that.  Looking forward to contributing what I can to this community.  

Cheers!

HBKnight

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:31 am 

Welcome to the forums HBKnight!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:04 am 

Indeed!  Welcome!  We're a real nice crew until we're not.   :?   But whatever you think of us, you won't find a better place to improve and understand your D&D collection.  Thanks for introducing yourself.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 am 

HBKnight,

Welcome to the forums.  94 huh?  So what do you collect?

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 am 

Welcome, HBKnight!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 am 

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Prufrock wrote:HBKnight,

Welcome to the forums.  94 huh?  So what do you collect?

Martin

Prufrock, mostly AD&D 2nd Ed. but really anything D&D from the TSR days.  I also have a fondness for the weirder, non-rpg related things.  Promotional posters, video games, the LJN action figures, etc.  But honestly, I'll collect it all.  I'm hooked, and have been unabashedly so since the time I rolled my first pc.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:29 pm 

Hello everyone - returning to gaming in my 40s and have been madly collecting the stuff I gave away before college (and then some).  :?

Most recent accomplishment was completing a collection of every White Dwarf Magazine. Currently turning my attention to The Dragon and Alarums and Excursions... and lots of other good stuff from Laserburn to Wee Warriors. The 20-30 somethings I game with think I'm nuts.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm 

Welcome, posr!

Only if you shrinkwrap yourself when naked will people see your nuts.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm 

Posr wrote:Hello everyone - returning to gaming in my 40s and have been madly collecting the stuff I gave away before college (and then some).  :?

Most recent accomplishment was completing a collection of every White Dwarf Magazine. Currently turning my attention to The Dragon and Alarums and Excursions... and lots of other good stuff from Laserburn to Wee Warriors. The 20-30 somethings I game with think I'm nuts.

There is an Alarums and Excursions bid going on now on eBay if I'm not mistaken.

Welcome!

Hector.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:54 am 

Welcome to the Acaeum.
Hope you find what you are searching for. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:52 am 

Posr wrote:Hello everyone - returning to gaming in my 40s and have been madly collecting the stuff I gave away before college (and then some).  :?

Welcome

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 am 

Well, since I just showed up, I guess I should introduce myself.

I am The Badger King, and I am Canadian. 8)

I have been playing RPGs from around 32 years now. I haven't gamed regularly in almost 20 years though - combination of my gaming group drifting to different parts of the world, plus I left to go to university for a few years, and then pulling stints teaching in small, isolated towns. I have only recently gotten back into even thinking about RPGS in any meaningful manner, mostly through my discovery of OSR bloggers.

I'm not an obsessive collector, although I am a bit of a completist. Currently, my collection consists of B/X rules with the two iconic modules, Keep on the Borderlands and Isle of Dread (at one point, I had B1-4 and the B1-9 supermodule, along with X1-2, but I sold them in the past, and have had to reacquire them), a complete set of the AD&D 1st Ed orange spine rulebooks (except I don't have the Forgotten Realms adventures one, and I have Fiend Folio, and the C'Thulhu/Melnibonean Deities & Demigods also), most of the original Greyhawk modules (including the World and City box sets), a complete set of UNKNOWN ARMIES RPG from Atlas Games, a sizable collection of CYBERPUNK 2020 (all the supplements and sourcebooks, but not a lot of the modules), a whole bunch of WEG STAR WARS D6 RPG (including all the Galaxy Guides), and smatterings of other stuff (the special edition leather-bound CALL OF C'THULHU rulebook, most of the SAVAGE TALES OF SOLOMON KANE RPG, some LL stuff, and some other stuff I will be advertising to get rid of 8) ).

I also know that there is a lot of demand for older gaming material, especially miniatures, so I have a tendence to buy up old stuff when I can find it, to get it into the hands of other gamers.

Anything else you want to know? 8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 85 of 135123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 133134135