Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 82 of 135123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 133134135
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:02 pm 

Welcome to the Acaeum Angus!  I'm sure there are a few resellers here that can help fill in any gaps you might have.

You'll probably find may people with similar stories to yours.  Tough to pass up a nice collection at a good price.  Some of us dabble at reselling too.  I am at a stage where I am trimming down my collection again but couldn't pass up a great deal on buying a close down gamestore.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 pm 

Welcome, Angus_The_Red!

Pathfinder is a good effort at something better than 3.5.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:50 pm 

Actually, I like Pathfinder a great deal. It's just that I don't mind playing with 3.5 as it is. So many people have swisscheesed 3.5 for its problems, but for players like myself who have an older mindset about how to play, and are mindful not to exploit a problem, but work around it or alter it, the problems don't make 3.5 worthless. No single Edition is perfect ya know.

I've always felt you don't judge an edition for its shortcomings. You judge it, by its capabilities. If it helps you to enjoy what D&D really is, then you'll be just fine. Combined with how I run a game, and how my players generally play, 3.5 functions without a flaw. (shrug) I guess my games are more about the story, and the moment, and less about finite details.

Strangely enough, I used to rip the front introduction page out of my 2nd Edition PHBs and burn them. I'd get pissed at idea that all of the rules in the PHB, that took hard work to concieve and create, that in the end were sound enough to be printed on b&w and sold the public could be conditional. NEVER! Changing the rules, or altering them, or the idea that they were just a suggestion - pure horse hockey. They HAD to be absolute gospel law. Heh. Foolish boy.

I do however still enjoy a big bowl of Lucky Charms from time to time. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

- Angus The Red Dungeonmaster

"If you insist on jumping in there, at least
leave all your worldly posessions behind."
- Talon Nimbletoe, Halfling Rogue Pickpocket

WWW YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:41 am 

I played 3.5 for most of the past decade.  3.5 is a powerful and flexible system with lots of inflexible rules...a couple of which are broken.

Pathfinder is no different, really, except that the 3.5 rules have been fixed and tweaked.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 am 

Angus_The_Red wrote:I do however still enjoy a big bowl of Lucky Charms from time to time. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Nah, don't care for that 'marshmallow' stuff they put in cereals.  Now Raisin Bran Crunch that's where its at.  :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:04 am 

Plaag wrote:Nah, don't care for that 'marshmallow' stuff they put in cereals.  Now Raisin Bran Crunch that's where its at.  :D
ShaneG.

Ah, fiber!  However, if you really like fiber, you should try Colon Blow!.  That stuff will keep your plumbing pristine!   8O    :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 am 

Angus_The_Red wrote:Actually, I like Pathfinder a great deal. It's just that I don't mind playing with 3.5 as it is. So many people have swisscheesed 3.5 for its problems, but for players like myself who have an older mindset about how to play, and are mindful not to exploit a problem, but work around it or alter it, the problems don't make 3.5 worthless. No single Edition is perfect ya know.

I've always felt you don't judge an edition for its shortcomings. You judge it, by its capabilities. If it helps you to enjoy what D&D really is, then you'll be just fine. Combined with how I run a game, and how my players generally play, 3.5 functions without a flaw. (shrug) I guess my games are more about the story, and the moment, and less about finite details.

Strangely enough, I used to rip the front introduction page out of my 2nd Edition PHBs and burn them. I'd get pissed at idea that all of the rules in the PHB, that took hard work to concieve and create, that in the end were sound enough to be printed on b&w and sold the public could be conditional. NEVER! Changing the rules, or altering them, or the idea that they were just a suggestion - pure horse hockey. They HAD to be absolute gospel law. Heh. Foolish boy.

I do however still enjoy a big bowl of Lucky Charms from time to time. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

Angus,

Welcome to the 3.5 Minority here...   8)

We're the best!

And Lucky Charms are cool too...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:04 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Nah, don't care for that 'marshmallow' stuff they put in cereals.  Now Raisin Bran Crunch that's where its at.  :D

ShaneG.

Honey Bunches of Oats w/pecans is the shit.  Once a year though around Halloween I gotta get me a box of Count Chocula or Boo Berry.  Its the only time I get to have those yummy flavored fake marshmallows.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:19 pm 

sorry. crunchy nut cornflakes....

forget everything else.

:D

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:22 pm 

Hello,
I'm 39, French like le rahib or lokiwookie. Hi fellow !  ;-)
I began playing AD&D with PHB and DMG in 1980. I played lot's of other RPG, and for few years I'm collecting different old RPG (80's): hidden kingdom, ringworld, lots of FGU games, etc, and i have a moderate AD&D 1ed's collection (somes 10th anniversary, lot of modules and boxes, etc.)
I did some translation in french like the Quick Start Guide for Castles & Crusades or some WotC free adventure.

Don't know what to say and my english is not very good :roll:

so... i' m happy to read you on this forum, cause there lot's of interisting and exciting informations. :)

VX

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:33 pm 

Bienvenue!  Vous parley Anglais tres bien!  C'est beaucoup plus mieux que mon Anglais!  :oops:   Nous sommes tres content que vous aimee cette site.   Encore, bienvenue!  :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:51 pm 

Welcome VX!

Hidden Kingdoms - Très Bien :)

and Cheers to Chris, well done, better than my public school French :salut:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:34 pm 

Salut VXgas !

Welcome to the forum. Content de te compter parmi nous !

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:17 pm 

Hello. My name is Nate. I'm 41 and have been gaming since 6th grade which was 1980 (Dungeons & Dragons red box). I didn't really start actually "collecting" games until about 10 or 12 years ago. I'd have to say that one of my most jealously guarded items is a Dungeons & Dragons 5th printing white box set. It's good to be among other collectors.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:27 pm 

Reverend Doyle wrote:Hello. My name is Nate. I'm 41 and have been gaming since 6th grade which was 1980 (Dungeons & Dragons red box). I didn't really start actually "collecting" games until about 10 or 12 years ago. I'd have to say that one of my most jealously guarded items is a Dungeons & Dragons 5th printing white box set. It's good to be among other collectors.

Welcome aboard Nate!! :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:39 pm 

Reverend Doyle wrote:Hello. My name is Nate. I'm 41 and have been gaming since 6th grade which was 1980 (Dungeons & Dragons red box). I didn't really start actually "collecting" games until about 10 or 12 years ago. I'd have to say that one of my most jealously guarded items is a Dungeons & Dragons 5th printing white box set. It's good to be among other collectors.

Glad you've found some like-minded friends. Although, we're not like-minded about lots of other stuff.  :?   Anyway, welcome!   :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:09 pm 

Welcome Nate, good luck on collecting and adding your spare funds to the abyss of this hobby! :lol:

benjoshua wrote:
Although, we're not like-minded about lots of other stuff.  :?  

I'm sorry, but I've never read anything so silly on these boards before.. We agree on everything all the time, you are clearly mistaken.... 8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:39 pm 

Wow. Thanks for making me feel so welcome! As to spare funds....well, we all need those these days, don't we?

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 82 of 135123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 133134135