Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 81 of 135123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 am 

Bonjour et bienvenue lurker_above!  Vous parley Anglais tres bien!  Je n'ecrire pas Francais bien du tous!  :oops:   Ou est-ce-que vous avais apris votre Anglais?  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 am 

Welcome lurker_above, good luck with the CDMs & GMs.. Someone here should be able to help with at least part of that, I'm sure.

:oops:  at benjoshuas post above, as I have no idea after the first half....  :oops:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 am 

benjoshua wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lurker_above!  Vous parley Anglais tres bien!  Je n'ecrire pas Francais bien du tous!  :oops:   Ou est-ce-que vous avais apris votre Anglais?  8)

Bel effort!  :)

Et bienvenue Lurker! Plus il y a de cuisses de grenouilles, plus on rit :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 am 

:D
Many thanks to you all !

Benjoshua, your french sentences are "Very Fine" ; i learned english at school as 2nd foreign language (german was the first one), took "tongue" lessons stamped to a cute california girl circa 20 years ago for a full year, and managed to read english books - especially TSR ones - to maintain my english/american level of practice.

Ashmire13, ok thanks ; and i'm sure you can help me to expand my JG D&D/AD&D/Fantasy/JGJ/Dungeoneer/Pegasus collection ;-p
BTW, Benjoshua wrote he's not very proficient in "Foreign Language : written French" (i disagree : it seems his french level is at least 16 or less /d20) ; thereafter he was asking me where i learned english (i must admit the best answer would have been "in the california girl's bed ... room" 8) )

Le_Rahib and Lokiwookie, i'm very happy to meet both of you here :) Sorry "Loki's Wookie" but i dislike to eat frogs : i prefer swiss chocolate ! Yes, i'm sure it will be a pleasure to be with you all here.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:00 am 

lurker_above wrote:Benjoshua, your french sentences are "Very Fine"

Thanks, but your English is much better than my French.  I was impressed.  8)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:34 pm 

It's easier for frenchies to learn english instead of americans & Commonwealth residents to learn french. And as i told you i had a very good teacher (i had an excellent motivation to learn american way of life very very quickly  :wink: )
I was also really very impressed : it is unusual to receive greetings from an american in my native language : many thanks for your kindness  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 pm 

lurker_above wrote:It's easier for frenchies to learn english instead of americans & Commonwealth residents to learn french. And as i told you i had a very good teacher (i had an excellent motivation to learn american way of life very very quickly  :wink: )
I was also really very impressed : it is unusual to receive greetings from an american in my native language : many thanks for your kindness  :D

Thanks.  People tell me I'm weird all the time. :?   :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:54 pm 

Hi guys! I am fairly new to the game but I am learning a lot quickly. I am 25 and live in Kentucky.   I played a lot of magic over the years and just recently made the jump to RPG's.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm 

Jchriddy wrote:Hi guys! I am fairly new to the game but I am learning a lot quickly. I am 25 and live in Kentucky.   I played a lot of magic over the years and just recently made the jump to RPG's.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys!

Welcome.

What RPGs have you jumped into then?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:20 am 

Hello everyone,
after 4 years of lurking i thought that - maybe - i could introduce myself  :P
A 35-years old half-italian/half-argentinian (with bits of spanish and french blood in the middle) living in a chaotic city known as Rome, i was introduced to the world of fantasy when i was just 9-years old, when i borrowed a giant of a book (a Classic, the Lord of the Rings) form my auntie (she bought it but stopped reading after a few pages since she found it to be "really boring" :roll: ).
After this traumatic event (and a 2-days full immersion of reading), i went to the nearest library to look for more, and i found something called a "librogame" named Lupo Solitario (the gamebook Lone Wolf), which was my final step for the descent into madness  :P

My first experience with RPGs was with Uno Sguardo nel Buio, the italian translation of Das Schwarze Auge (a.k.a. The Dark Eye), while Dungeons & Dragons went next, with the Moldvay/Cook rules owned by a friend (i later bought the italian translation of the Mentzer basic set in a game shop... aah, the good ol'times when you could found the RPGs sitting near the Masters of the Universe and Barbie dolls  :lol: )
But i was unsatisfied with the translation speed (it took eons for the Companion set to see the light in Italy), so i took the necessary steps to satisfy my growing hunger: 1) learn english (or, at least, try to :oops: ); 2) buy the original books (a little expensive for a young boy, so i started saving on the snacks... good for the health too)

So, after nearly 30 years, i own what i think to be a nearly respectable collection of well-cared-and-played RPGs, primarily D&D-settings-based (but i stopped with the approaching of the 3.5e), but not only; Legend of the Five Rings, some World of Darkness books, Cyberpunk 2020, Exalted, Warhammer Fantasy & 40K, MERP/Lord of the Rings are some of the other english RPGs lines i bought/still buy, and some years ago i started expanding on the spanish (Anima, Redención) and french (Kult 3e, Qin, Kuro, Yggdrasill) "markets".

The most treasured piece of my collection is a 1st print of Nobilis (the little book printed by Pharos Press, i bought it for a few bucks from a person who was auctioning mainly BDSM items... don't ask me how the the two things relate, please  :oops: ), while the most "visually stunning" object is (with the exception of the CE of the War of the Rings boardgame) the recently bought collector's edition of Par-delà les Montagnes Hallucinées, the revised french translation of Beyond Mountain of Madness (i posted some photos here), although i still have to receive the CE of Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch, to declare the winner.

Well, i think it's all, so i can go back to lurking  :D
See You around.

P.S. And please forgive me for my far-from-decent english  :oops:

花は桜木人は武士

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 am 

Welcome Ronin and what a great introduction and wide variety in your collection! :)

Good to have another European on the boards. Our numbers are growing, soon we will take over the world...  :twisted:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 am 

Your English is great, Ronin.  Far better than many English speakers.

Your collection sounds really cool.

Welcome, and please do come back to talk and share.  8)

FormCritic

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 am 

Thank You everyone!

About my collection: i'll try to post some photos, but first i have to reorganize my room (last year i had to buy a new bookcase and there's still a mess around :oops: )

About my English: although i still think it's really far from acceptable, i have to give my thanks both to my Irish teacher (and her neverending patience  :P ), and my first (A)D&D books, which were a real treasure in my learning / understanding of Shakespeare's Language.

About conquering the world: well, i have relatives living in both the west and east coasts of the US, and in Canada too (they emigrated after the 1st World War)... adding them to my South-American and European relatives, i can boldly say that the invasion has already started  :lol:

Lastly, i'd really like to be a more active member of this community, but unfortunately i suffer from a rare form of corneal dystrophy, so staying before a screen literally kills my eyes (and guess what's my job? I'm a programmer :? ) ... however, i'll come back now and then  :)

Best Regards.

花は桜木人は武士

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 am 

Ronin wrote:Thank You everyone!

About my collection: i'll try to post some photos, but first i have to reorganize my room (last year i had to buy a new bookcase and there's still a mess around :oops: )

About my English: although i still think it's really far from acceptable, i have to give my thanks both to my Irish teacher (and her neverending patience  :P ), and my first (A)D&D books, which were a real treasure in my learning / understanding of Shakespeare's Language.

About conquering the world: well, i have relatives living in both the west and east coasts of the US, and in Canada too (they emigrated after the 1st World War)... adding them to my South-American and European relatives, i can boldly say that the invasion has already started  :lol:

Lastly, i'd really like to be a more active member of this community, but unfortunately i suffer from a rare form of corneal dystrophy, so staying before a screen literally kills my eyes (and guess what's my job? I'm a programmer :? ) ... however, i'll come back now and then  :)

Best Regards.

Ronin and lucker_above,

Great to have both of you.  I hope you will become active members.  Both of you speak better english than I do.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:12 pm 

Hello Ronin,

So you have got the 'Par-delà les Montagnes Hallucinées' collector ! Congrats !
I think I have read your post on the Sans-Detour Forum...
I wanted to post some pictures here also, I hope that people here will follow your link and see the 'box' :D

Welcome on board, have fun !

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 am 

le Rahib wrote:Hello Ronin,

So you have got the 'Par-delà les Montagnes Hallucinées' collector ! Congrats !
I think I have read your post on the Sans-Detour Forum...
I wanted to post some pictures here also, I hope that people here will follow your link and see the 'box' :D

Welcome on board, have fun !

Bonsoir Monsieur le Rahib, et merci pour l'accueil :)
yes, i was the same Italian that was so desperate on "that night" of August since the procédure d'achat didn't accept shipments outside France and Belgium at first  :? (but i was lucky since M. "Cege" was present and quickly fixed the problem  :D )... and i'll say it again, the collector's edition of Par-delà... it's a real little piece of art  :wink:

花は桜木人は武士

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:03 pm 

Just wanted to let folks know that I'm getting back into listing my game-related original art, prints, games, magazines, and game-artifacts on ebay again.  I'll post what I currently have up in a separate post ... or you can look me up as word_guy on ebay.

Still quite a bit of history to dispense from my archives.

Paul Jaquays

Founder/Editor of The Dungeoneer magazine (76-78)
Judges Guild Artist/Designer (78-79)
Freelance game artist designer (79-81, 86-93)
TSR Staff Artist/Director of Graphic Design (93-97)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:28 pm 

hey paul

when you post something up you're selling, post it in classifieds. thats where everyone else does.

best

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 81 of 135123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 133134135