Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 79 of 135123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:33 am 

G'day g'day :-)  I'm niall, haven't played for about 15 years but got back into the hobby recently after discovering HackMaster and going on a nostalgia binge :-D

Managed to get most of what I was initially after - and keep in mind here I'm a younger collector so I missed out on 1E and OD&D - first I played was 2E when it came out in '89 so ... appreciate many of your goals won't be the same as mine but 2E holds many memories for me.

So far managed to complete a set of the orange spined 1E hardcovers in NM to F condition (growing up this artwork was what I knew 1E to be, and I really do love the orange spine artwork), and working my way through 2E and HackMaster (hey I missed out so catching up on it all :-) ).

Next up will be the original covers 1E, and maybe a white box to round things out down the road.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:33 am 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:The Tomb of Horrors is a great example:
Tomb of Horrors (mono)
Tomb of Horrors (green cover)
Return to the Tomb of Horrors (includes a facsimile of the original mono)
Tomb of Horrors (Silver Anniversary edition mono)
Tomb of Horrors (3.5E free pdf file)
Tomb of Horrors (4E limited print DM reward)
Tomb of Horrors (4E hardback)

There was also the 2002 novel titled The Tomb of Horrors
8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 pm 

Echohawk wrote:Nope. The second one is from the TSR Silver Anniversary Collector's set. Unlike the one from RttRoH, that one has a Silver Anniversary logo on it, and can be distinguished from the original mono.

What am I thinking? The Silver Anniversary box doesn't have S1, it has *S2* in it. <facepalm>. I'm also mystified about that Silver Anniversary reference.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:34 pm 

Welcome niall

Any 2e settings you liked/disliked or was it a homebrew world you played in?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 am 

Plaag wrote:Welcome niall

Any 2e settings you liked/disliked or was it a homebrew world you played in?

ShaneG.

Yeah mostly homebrew.  The only TSR campaign world that ever grabbed me was 1E Dragonlance, but mostly that was just me and not something we officially gamed in.  Usually just played random adventures we bought, or from Dungeon, or made up - it was all pretty disorganised and random - typical teenage Hack'n'Slash to be honest :-)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 am 

Oops  :oops:

This is what happens when I post without checking...No Silver Anniversary printing of the Tomb of Horrors, just S2.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 am 

niall wrote:
The only TSR campaign world that ever grabbed me was 1E Dragonlance,

Welcome Niall... but for the love of all things holy, don't mention this in front of bbarsh....  :wink:  :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:50 pm 

Hello everyone,

My name is Ronald, and I played a lot of OD&D, and 1st Edition AD&D back in the late 70's to mid 80's.

I left the game around 1989, then dabbled in a number of other role playing systems, and finally I gave my whole collection to a friend in 1997 when I left Toronto, Canada and moved to Hong Kong.
If it was something that was published from 1977 to around 1988, I probably had it at some point in time.

As I am reaching my 40's this year I've decided to get back into it again!

I find it to be a better decision then having some sort of mid-life crisis and buying a motorcycle. :)

I stumbled upon this Forum by accident while looking for some help on getting The Temple of Elemental Evil PC Game to install on my system.

Looking forward to slowly building my collection back up again. :)

Lastly, over the years that I played, the most interesting campaign I ever particpated in was the adventure I6 Ravenloft, but converted over to Rolemaster rules system. You would not believe how insanely hard undead are to battle using that system... :P

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:59 pm 

Welcome to the forum :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 pm 

Indeed, welcome Ronald!  When it comes to D&D collecting expertise, you'll find no better forum.  These guys know their stuff.

There is lots of advice to be found, but if you are buying stuff on eBay, I'd definitely check out the shady dealers thread early on a make sure you aren't buying from people who are not worth the few pennies you might save.  Again, welcome!  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 am 

Hello again,

Thank you for the welcomes. :)

I also took your advice benjoshua, that thread was really long regarding the shady dealers on Ebay.

I haven't been using Ebay for about 5 years now.
I only had one bad transaction in the 2 years I was active on there, and luckly it was only for around USD20.
I just stopped using Ebay because I got tired of the last minute sniping.

I just started a transaction with Badmike for some Dragon Magazines, and looking forward to getting them from him. I picked him out from the Private Sales and Sellers thread as he had quite a number of positive comments from the users of this forum.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Ronald

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:23 am 

Welcome Ronald and if you were going to start anywhere, you picked a great place! :)
sometimes its worth a post in the Classifieds to see if anyone here has a specific you're after, as you'll get good items and weapons grade packaging! :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 am 

rhynne wrote:I just started a transaction with Badmike for some Dragon Magazines, and looking forward to getting them from him. I picked him out from the Private Sales and Sellers thread as he had quite a number of positive comments from the users of this forum.

Yeah, Badmike has a reputation around here...  :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 am 

Newbie to the Acaeum here.
Played D&D since the early 80s and still do! Currently play mostly Pathfinder.
Really into the old artwork esp. Jim Holloway, Erol Otus, Dave Sutherland and such. Favorite modules I remember playing are the Pharoah series.

I'm also an illustrator and designer and starting to get a fantasy portfolio together. I'll be sure to share my work with you here when I can, but you can find some samples online, here:
http://www.andyswist.com

I'm also a huge horror fan, and work a lot with http://www.campblood.org which is a fun-filled place that you might want to check out sometime, too.   :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 pm 

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Artists are sometimes looked for around here to help with the mods being produced by the guys here.

Also, Pathfinder has a thread in the Non-TSR lists, so fire in some comments there, its getting some interest.

BTW, you could do with changing your avatar.... 8O

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 pm 

Hello, everyone. Not sure if I have ever actually made a post here before, although I've had my account for a while.

I've been playing D&D since March 18th, 1989, and have a "respectable" collection, but nothing close to what I know some of you guys have - most of my stuff is in horrid shape, and I'm too spread out in terms of what I actually like (Planescape & Ravenloft being my 2 bigger interests, but not what I consider to be my most valuable / prized stuff in my collection)

I would consider myself a GenCon vet, having been least 10 times, and for the past few years, have enjoyed hanging out in the Auction Hall, so I've seen quite a few of you before. :) I moved from Chicago to California, though, so I was unable to attend this year or last. :(

Because I missed this year's con, I decided to head to the forums just to see some pics (thanks for all who posted) and finally decided it was probably about time I made myself known.

Cheers, all, and game on!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:11 pm 

galladril wrote:Cheers, all, and game on!

Welcome, Galladril.  The welcoming committee will be 'round shortly to nail your head to the floor!   :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:12 pm 

Hi and stuff. Leave your collection at the door. When you leave, it will have grown. Damn mutant books and their self-fertilization.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 79 of 135123 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 133134135