Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 76 of 135123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am 

Christophe:

Je ne parle pas français, so I'll just say howdy.  And welcome.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 am 

Thanks for the welcome !

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:04 pm 

Welcome and I'll watch your classifieds with interest, as a fellow European! :)
Shame you're parting with your collection, but hope you add to this community

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:48 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:I live in Sacramento, so I'm occasionally in the San Jose area for work or to visit a friend.  But there's always time to hit a good gaming store!

By the way, I forgot the name of this store until I was just going through receipts. It's a shop in San Mateo called Gator Games.

Gator Games & Hobby Home Page

There's also a store in SF called Gamescape I remember one of the guys on the forum mentioning, but I've never bought from or been there before.

gamescapesf.net

There's another one in Berkeley called Games of Berkeley, and one in Oakland called Engames I saw listed on RPGnet, but I haven't been to those either.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:05 pm 

I can definitely vouch for Christophe is anyone is concerned from buying from a newly registered member.  In the past we've traded items, bought items from each other both on and off Ebay.  He's got some interesting stuff on Ebay right now too.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:36 pm 

Welcome Christophe  :D

As Mars said, Christophe is a great person to deal with, and he knows many, many thing about cryptic RPG stuff.
He is in collecting for a long, long time and his collection is just incredible...

Good luck  :D

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:58 pm 

My name Is Rob Mccue, New to the site physically but not entirely unaware.  As I do not currently collect myself but rather am good friends with BURNTWIRE and have followed their endeavors for a very long time :).  I am more just the gamer at heart but definitely find what the brothers do interesting and commendable.  Securing the history of our beloved game!!!!!!!
     Anyway, hello all, I look forward to adventures to come.............

Night falls on us all,  so be wary,  ye who should tread that Darkness..............

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 pm 

Welcome to the site, Strahd.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:23 pm 

Mr. Spock -

I wanted to give you a belated Thank You for the list of Bay Area gaming stores!

George

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote:Mr. Spock -

I wanted to give you a belated Thank You for the list of Bay Area gaming stores!

George

You're welcome!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:53 am 

Strahd's Minion wrote:My name Is Rob Mccue, New to the site physically but not entirely unaware.  As I do not currently collect myself but rather am good friends with BURNTWIRE and have followed their endeavors for a very long time :).  I am more just the gamer at heart but definitely find what the brothers do interesting and commendable.  Securing the history of our beloved game!!!!!!!
     Anyway, hello all, I look forward to adventures to come.............

Welcome indeed, I hope Strahd is kind to you as a minion!  :wink:

He is one of my favourite characters...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:05 am 

Absolutely :) . Mine to. Ravenloft is my Dream house (if i was a billionaire) HaHaHaHa

Night falls on us all,  so be wary,  ye who should tread that Darkness..............

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 pm 

Hello all,

My name is Michael and I will be 46 this year. I have been playing or DM'ing since 1980. We started with the basic and expert then went to advanced. We have a current game that has been running on and off since 1985, we play every other Friday. We use advanced DND rules with some second edition stuff thrown in the mix.

We are in upstate New York. Unfortunately the game / hobby shops in the area do not carry any of the older material.

I have over 200 pieces or so. So I decided to add to my collection, and started to look about. I found this site and was a lurker for a few weeks. I like the information you have gathered and hopefully with your advice I will be able to add to my collection.

Thank you for your time,
         Michael

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:47 pm 

OldSchoolDM wrote:Hello all,

My name is Michael and I will be 46 this year. I have been playing or DM'ing since 1980. We started with the basic and expert then went to advanced. We have a current game that has been running on and off since 1985, we play every other Friday. We use advanced DND rules with some second edition stuff thrown in the mix.

We are in upstate New York. Unfortunately the game / hobby shops in the area do not carry any of the older material.

I have over 200 pieces or so. So I decided to add to my collection, and started to look about. I found this site and was a lurker for a few weeks. I like the information you have gathered and hopefully with your advice I will be able to add to my collection.

Thank you for your time,
         Michael

Welcome. This is the best place to come to as a collector. Check out bookstores, charity shops, goodwills, comic books stores, etc... as well as flea markets, bazaars and garage sales around your area, you might luck out.

Otherwise this is the age of the internet. Bargains come up one Ebay. Look in at our classifieds, RPGMarketplace and Dragonsfoot and you can nab some treasures from time to time.

Take a look at the thread about collecting goals and you'll see a dozen different types of collectors and collections (at least).

Patience in collecting is your friend. If you are just starting out you may want to keep your eye on large lots to fill in a lot of gaps, but start setting up ideas for searches to find what you specificly want. Have fun and good hunting.

Last edited by JasonZavoda on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 pm 

Welcome and it sounds like a pretty tidy sized collection already! :)
Good luck in your hunting, and as JasonZ says, patience is a virtue (as I am still learning :lol: )

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:52 pm 

Welcome Michael.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:14 pm 

Hello Michael!  Glad you have decided to officially join us.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm 

After posting a few threads I thought I would take the time to introduce myself. I am Jon, used to play D&D many years ago with my younger brother and friends down the street, and now collect various TSR and WotC related material as I now just enjoy reading the books in my spare time.

My (insured) collection includes on the order of 1000 pieces including most all books, modules, booklets, boxed sets, etc. from Basic D&D, 1st ed. AD&D, and 2nd. AD&D. I have incomplete collections of Gamma World and 3rd/3.5 ed. D&D as well. I lack any of the truly collectable items (original D&D, RPGA series, R series, brown B3, etc. (mostly b/c I have never had several hundred dollars at hand to spend at once on RPG materials).

Right now I am in the process of collecting some Shrink Wrapped Basic, 1st, and 2nd ed. materials to replace the aging collectables I currently possess and am buying up 3rd/3.5 ed D&D before the prices truly skyrocket. I still don't understand why the 3.5 edition books are so expensive.

Thanks, Jon!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 76 of 135123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 133134135