Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 73 of 135123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:06 pm 

xRalphx wrote:A few years ago some good friends and I started the Buccaneer Bass website, a fansite for the Iron Kingdoms rpg. But since all of us have pretty busy lives no content has been added to that in a long time. But it was a lot of fun while it lasted and everyone at Privateer Press was ace!

I'm not sure about the 'coolest' item I have but one of the items I'm very happy with is a shrinkwrapped version of the 1st print of the 1st edition of the Call of Cthulhu boxed set.

Welcome Ralph.
Love the Buccaneer Bass site. It really covered Privateer Press's Iron Kingdoms like no other site I've seen.  As well as gave me inspiration for my own site's compendium.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:51 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Welcome Ralph.
Love the Buccaneer Bass site. It really covered Privateer Press's Iron Kingdoms like no other site I've seen.  As well as gave me inspiration for my own site's compendium.

ShaneG.

Thanks Shane, I'm glad you liked it. I was on the Privateer forum a while ago and it's still being referred to eventhough there's no content being added so I was really surprised by that.

I hope I'll be able to add something to this community as well :o)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:26 pm 

Wow - I occasionally check in here from time to time.
My post at the start of this thread pegged me at 32.
Now I'm 39! 8O

As a side note, congrats to Foul for 10 years of the best D&D website on the web!

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:07 pm 

I'm Jim I'm an Economist
34 years old.  Got into the hobby when I was 8 or so by a babysitter.  Didn't really get involved until I was 11 or 12 and received a bunch of books for Christmas.

Now I've never looked back for over 20 years.  I've saved a lot of stuff and enjoy looking over some of the old stuff from time to time, but I never thought about collecting.  Now I've got the money and the time to better care for the hobby that's made me smile for so long.

Just starting out as a collector and plan to make time to attend some trade shows (especially Gen Con, which I've not been to).  I'm pleased to meet other people who would stare at my series of bookshelves groaning under the weight of old paper for a different reason

Thanks for having me here on this forum.
I hope I'll get to talk more with all of you in the coming days, weeks and months (and years)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 pm 

Good to have you on-board.  Hope you enjoy it as much as most of us do!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm 

Welcome aboard Jim!
This site usually has a pretty good attendance at GC. Nice way to meet the members over a beer or eight!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am 

Neffier wrote:I'm Jim I'm an Economist
34 years old.  Got into the hobby when I was 8 or so by a babysitter.  Didn't really get involved until I was 11 or 12 and received a bunch of books for Christmas.

Now I've never looked back for over 20 years.  I've saved a lot of stuff and enjoy looking over some of the old stuff from time to time, but I never thought about collecting.  Now I've got the money and the time to better care for the hobby that's made me smile for so long.

Just starting out as a collector and plan to make time to attend some trade shows (especially Gen Con, which I've not been to).  I'm pleased to meet other people who would stare at my series of bookshelves groaning under the weight of old paper for a different reason

Welcome Jim!  You've come to the right place! 8)

Thanks for having me here on this forum.
I hope I'll get to talk more with all of you in the coming days, weeks and months (and years)

Welcome Jim!  You've come to the right place.   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 pm 

hello all,
i'm shawn and i've been collecting d&d (and other rpgs) sporadically since i was young, for about two decades now.
after a year or three of being too destitute to work on my collection, i'm finally getting my feet wet again and i'm glad to finally join this forum.

yrs. in exile,
-s.j. bagley

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:00 pm 

Welcome lokilokust!   :)  Ah time to get the feet wet again.  I like getting my feet wet too...umm...um....ugh....  :?  That didn't sound right.  Anyway, welcome.  8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:08 pm 

lokilokust wrote:hello all,
i'm shawn and i've been collecting d&d (and other rpgs) sporadically since i was young, for about two decades now.
after a year or three of being too destitute to work on my collection, i'm finally getting my feet wet again and i'm glad to finally join this forum.

Welcome, lokilokust!

Can you see the old church tower from your house?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:16 pm 

Welcome to both of you chaps! I popped by as a non-collector to get some info one day and stayed ever since :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 am 

Hello Members,
My name is Gary, I'm 40, and I've been an e-publisher for 14 years--the unexpected result of making an English degree actually work.
This is the first forum site I've registered on.
As a small boy, I was fascinated with science-fiction and fantasy books like Dune, the Narnia series, and the Lord of the Rings.
A few years later in Junior High, I noticed some of my friends were disappearing into an empty classroom during the lunch hour. Curious, I followed them one day to discover them scattering "skeleton dust" in an imaginary battle using a pencil, paper, and dice; or fighting a "black dragon"--I thought dragons could only be a Smaug-like reddish gold--with a "cursed sword."
Shortly after, I too garbed my-(player character)-self in adventuring gear and joined our group, investigating the musty confines of Strahd's castle.
A few years later, responsibilities and accountabilities sadly replaced Fun--the "adventuring" being one of the casualties.
Until a frivolous eBay search two years ago.
Now, I look forward to those rocking-chair days when my friends and I are a bunch of grey-hairs too frail and crotchety to satisfy our sense of adventure by doing the "real thing." So we're on-board for a substitute: d&d, of course.
I've been focused on collecting commercial copies of FR and WG modules and boxed sets. My collection consists of a couple hundred (still missing 15 or so), including 1st, 2nd, and a little 3rd edition.

I'm grateful for the insights on collecting given by the active Acaeum members, and look forward to supporting the site as much as I can. I welcome the opportunity to get to know some of you in the years to come.
Gary (Novice Collector)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 am 

Welcome Gary, sounds like you've a sizeable collection already (in comparison to mine at least)
Hope you can waste many happy hours here and scouring for those missing items!

Dave   :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:55 am 

Welcome puterdragon!  You do have a sizable collection.  You might want to avoid saying the, cough! cough!, "3E" word around here.  Them's fighting words!   :wink:  

Actually, there are probably a few folks who sneak a 3E looky now an then, but they do so only in a closet,...at midnight,...with a candle.  As you can see, these people have real issues.....just kidding....at least with the candle part.

Welcome again! :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:10 am 

Hi Gary,

You certainly represent the basic Acaeum member:  40ish, been collecting a while, love of 1e.

NTRPGcon is in June and Gencon in August, I'm sure you will be making your first pilgrimage soon.

Welcome to the forums.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm 

Welcome, puterdragon.

There are no novice collectors.  

There are only collectors who have not gone insane...yet.

The fact that you have logged on here means it is likely already too late for you.   :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:00 pm 

FormCritic wrote:There are only collectors who have not gone insane...yet.

Pretty sure that's just a myth.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 pm 

Welcome puterdragon to the Land of Acaeum, Tis a Silly Place! :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 73 of 135123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 133134135