Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 68 of 135123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 am 

Badmike wrote:Welcome guys!

Dubeers, we want to see you at NTRPG Con next year!

Mike B.

I'm already making plans!  I really wanted to be at the first one but it just didn't work out.

I'm Everywhere

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 am 

Welcome to the Acaeum everyone.

And yes, we would like to see all of you at the NTRPG Convention next June.
For those who dont know what we are talking about, here is a link to the Web Site.

http://www.ntrpgcon.com/

You can see the fun we had this year at the first ever North Texas PRG convention.
Many games were played by the attendees, and most were DMed by some of the biggest names in the RPG world.
The games can be viewed (in part) in video and there are plenty of still pictures to view as well.

ntrpgcon.com/index.php?option=com_expos ... ;Itemid=60

There is also a forum along with lots of other interesting things.
Signed, John... unoffically perhaps the biggest fan of NTPRGCON... :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:18 am 

Been lurking for maybe 2 years, finally decided to register and post.  In a recent move, I 're-found' all my RPG stuff and did both a purge and re-fresh.  Sold off some of that oddball stuff that you pick up (Car Wars and Cyberpunk spring to mind), and even some stuff I 'liked' more theoretically than actual - some ICE MERP items that I never got into.

Got into D&D around age 10ish - still remember tasting pools in B1, and that damn illusion wall in Lizard King.  Still collecting old 1E stuff - first printings, fill-ins, etc, and started picking up some 4E (WOTC, Goodman primarily), even though it only vaguely resembles D&D at this point (or maybe we were all gritier and covered with dirt and gore back in the day).

Have a fair sized Vampire collection, and Deadlands (which original Pinnacle goes for fairly steep money though it's new, for some of the rarer stuff - the 'Back East' items, for example).  Started picking up some of the newer WW VTR line; might have the best production quality I've ever seen.  May also try and complete my early Paranoia items, which played for crap but is still pretty damn funny to read.

So hey!

Added: I like the thought of 'key collector piece', so: I've got the H Bloodstone series dating back to when I was a kid, and somewhere I picked up the GDQ supermodule & the A-series Slavers super even though I had the originals.  And I have the complete DL since it was one of my fav novels as a kid, I had to read the books.  But favorite, ever, totally dork style D&D collectable?  not even an actual module!  I've got the Gygax 'Gord' saga, from the greyhawk novels through the Thrazidun series where he got paid for how many times he could use 'chiarascuro'.  Super nerd style!

Last edited by sunrunner44 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 am 

Welcome sunrunner44!  You'll be glad you made yourself official.  And joining in the fun adds to the community as well as your learning. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:19 am 

Welcome indeed sunrunner44, glad you moved out of the shadows!

sunrunner44 wrote: and that damn illusion wall in Lizard King.

There was an illusion wall..!!!!!  8O

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:45 pm 

Hello Everyone...
Grimtale here, otherwise known as Mark.  I hail from Mocksville NC and am 40 years old.  Started playing D&D in the late 70's and played up until about 1994 when my children came along.
I've been out of it many years but have a few big boxes full of very old stuff stashed up in the attic.  A woodgrain set is the prize of my collection it appears.

-Grimtale

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:48 pm 

Grimtale wrote: A woodgrain set is the prize of my collection it appears.

-Grimtale

Ooooo!  Ahhhhh!  Welcome! 8)

Now all you have to do is invest about $50.00 is archival quality storage supplies! Bags, boxes, backing boards, etc....:?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 pm 

Hi, just thought a post a quick note of introduction, since I responded to something in another thread. I've been playing AD&D since 1980, but stopped purchasing new product circa 1983, though I continued to buy and read The Dragon for a couple years beyond that (never subscribed, though). I have a small collection of early AD&D things in nice shape as well as a duplicate set of "beater" copies, but nothing especially rare, as well as 1st printings of Boot Hill, Metamorphosis Alpha, and some miscellaneous other junk. Currently I'm looking to pick up certain miniatures and some non-TSR odds and ends from BITD.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:10 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:Currently I'm looking to pick up certain miniatures and some non-TSR odds and ends from BITD.

Welcome to the Acaeum!  So, you are looking to pick up miniatures!   :D   PM me what you are looking for and I may be able to help! 8)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:20 pm 

:)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:22 pm 

Hi there :)

Well ...I was born in 1969, July. I discovered D&D basic at the age of 9 when my uncle started as Dungeon Master. At the age of 12 i put all of my D&D stuff into many packages under my bed and started to sail races with my father. At the age of 17 a friend of mine who knew i was playing caught me in his house for playing and ... i took the "D&D/AD&D" virus again :)
In 1989 i started mastering 2nd Edition (as many as 17 players at the same time when i was used to :) then ... looked back under my bed and tried to catch every D&D/AD&D item i can buy but as my Computer scientist studies began, i had no more money to choose which ones to buy.
By now, as i have a very good job (and in pocket full of money because i won once "some money" to the French Lottery :)), i started again to track items i really want, as i am a collector.
Last summer for my birthday, my ex girlfriend Natalie (thanks to her !) bought a Silver Anniversary box and offered it to me !
I think i would have to change my current eBay ID to this one : "lurker_above", just because when i REALLY want a category 3 or upper module, i ALWAYS bid a clearly not reasonable amount on it   to be sure to win (killjoy32 clearly remembered an indescent bid from me on a RoleAids "Nanorien Stones" : caught just 3 seconds prior to end of auction :))
Unfortunately, the ones i'm currently searching (R-series, ST1, Basic woodgrain white box, ...) are up on eBay.com ONLY for continental / US customers  :(
If someone has a category 4 or 5 item to sell and would be pleased enough to tell me about it and to ship it to France (clearly not with M-BAG/I.S.A.L. lol) i would be very pleased TO BID VERY HIGH on it/them.
Or if someone is pleased enough to lend a bedroom and a web access anywhere in the US for ~1 week i will to very pleased to come again in the US).

I'm currently having 400+ D&D/AD&D items (~250 bought in the last 12 months)
I think that's all ... for more information about what i have found, take a look at my recently bought items on eBay (ID is the same ;) : currently expanding my own collection as fast as the Universe is growing ! lol

BTW : Natalie, a few other friends and i, have founded a french association (currently 93 active members) to preserve ourselves (french customers) from the bad habits of "FatPrincessCougie" : we used to help french newbie eBay customers against him if they have problems dealing with him, not preventing them to buy (it would be auction interference), but sending them advice in case they have problems about "so-called" VGC (maybe "lost during shipment") items. All of these from a "0" rated eBay account, just to avoid banishment ;)

Great deals near killjoy32 (great seller !), but wondering if i will or not buy items in his non-eBay shop (because i'm really happy to lurk for items from the dark, like a lurker above). I think ~240 customers hate me for these ...

So, i'm really sorry for them but ... it was like a game and ...... i won 99.99% of the time.

Kind regards to all of you,
Olivier
(with "lurking Natalie" on nearest house lol :)

I think, this time, it's REALLY all :)
Bye !

"Items CAN still be NEAR MINT without folder holes otherwise were VGC, no holes raise them 2 NEAR MINT"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:58 pm 

Welcome Olivier, from the other posts today, it certainly looks as though you and your friends have created quite some group against Cougie..

It would be great fun to see him crash and burn through 'lost' items and neg FB...

Anyway, welcome and have fun on the boards.

Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:51 pm 

To derail the thread a little - Guydrin_Avalon has had issues in the past with me (which I mentioned here at the time).

What you have to say about Cougarrinard has merit, but pales into insignificance to your behavior toward me - Unless anyone else has absolute proof that DM Dave has told anyone to 'Fuck their Mum' - which Olivier, is something you were happy to do to me (at some length I might add).

If you like I'll be happy to post the ebay messages for all to see.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:57 pm 

gyg wrote:To derail the thread a little - Guydrin_Avalon has had issues in the past with me (which I mentioned here at the time).

What you have to say about Cougarrinard has merit, but pales into insignificance to your behavior toward me - Unless anyone else has absolute proof that DM Dave has told anyone to 'Fuck their Mum' - which Olivier, is something you were happy to do to me (at some length I might add).

If you like I'll be happy to post the ebay messages for all to see.

Wow... well thats a shocker. Not the sort of behaviour I would hold any truck with.  :evil:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:04 pm 

Hi,

all stories have 2 sides.

Gyg had to be warned by a Moderator on another message board about his behaviour towards my wife.

I've had trouble with him myself, and I would personally never purchase anything from him.

I don't go on about it however (and won't).

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:10 pm 

i remembered you, "got your games".

Please accept my apologies but -FB was left by Nat, not me 'cause i was on holidays at that time.

And if you had sent me a request to change -FB to +FB, i would have been very pleased to do it : i've done this yesterday to eBay member "kctoast" concerning a "ruined during shipment item" with no news from the seller for 15 days after the auction ; i didn't know he was on holidays and he sent me a message 10 days before back to his home as Nat did the same with my eBay account.

Just ask to kctoast (Krishan) and he will tell you what i did yesterday : reversing feedback, from - to +.

And ... for Nat's own defense, do not forget your item was announced as VGC (like the Cougster, so I, I am not off topic ! ;)) but was just between "FR" and "GD".

"Items CAN still be NEAR MINT without folder holes otherwise were VGC, no holes raise them 2 NEAR MINT"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm 

Gyg,

Again, apologies for Nat's written words from my eBay account : it often happened when she was angry about me :(

And to be clear enough with you : as you banished me from your items, i asked another friend of mine to bid upon one more for me with his account. And i can proove it : if i was the really bad customer you pretend, i would have asked him to neg you ...

Again, apologies for -FB left from my account by Natalie.  

But i wonder if you are good enough to be a member of the Valuation Board if you continue to do such mistakes : pretend to sell a VGC item and in fact we to receive ONLY GDC item.

Again, i consider i'm not off topic (sorry for you).

Maybe you think you would sink me with this but you have been trapped to your own game : A VALUATION BOARD MEMBER HAS TO TAKE GREAT CARE TO DESCRIBE HIS ITEMS AS THEY TRULLY ARE, and surely NOT to do as COUGIE : OVERESTIMATE THEM.

1 point each: GAME OVER !

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:29 pm 

Guydrin_Avalon

I'll assume you don't want me to post the full contents of our communications then?

Lawrenson

Of course there are 2 sides to every story - here's a link to the forum where I was warned by  a moderator on another message board.
http://www.ukroleplayers.com/forum/view ... 07&p=53101

I'd ask the same question, that I asked Guydrin_Avalon - just let me know if you want me to release the full contents of our communication

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 68 of 135123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 133134135