Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 135123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:57 pm 

Hi Tim! Welcome to the forums. Good to see you at Dundracon - you'll be at Kublacon I presume?

-- Brian "Old Sardul" Collins

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:43 pm 

FYI, I've just changed my Acaeum username, and Ebay handle, to Zenopus76.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 pm 

Zenopus76 wrote:FYI, I've just changed my Acaeum username, and Ebay handle, to Zenopus76.

Just don't change the avatar picture and I will remember who you are.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 pm 

Don't worry, I'm fond of this avatar.  :wink:

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:58 pm 

Hello everyone...

I first started playing DnD when I was ten or eleven. My cousins were big into it, and it rubbed off on me in a big way. I kind of got out of the whole role playing thing in my 20s, but recently I've been on quite the RPG kick. I love the old TSR games (Top Secret was a big favorite), but have fond memories of Aftermath and Twilight 2000 as well.

I don't have anything all that obscure or rare in my collection, so I think the coolest items I have are the surviving adventures I made as a kid. I still have a very extensive dungeon I made for ADnD, and most of a Gamma World adventure I made when I was 14. What can I say? I'm a pack rat.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:08 pm 

Bowman1 wrote:Hello everyone...

I first started playing DnD when I was ten or eleven. My cousins were big into it, and it rubbed off on me in a big way. I kind of got out of the whole role playing thing in my 20s, but recently I've been on quite the RPG kick. I love the old TSR games (Top Secret was a big favorite), but have fond memories of Aftermath and Twilight 2000 as well.

I don't have anything all that obscure or rare in my collection, so I think the coolest items I have are the surviving adventures I made as a kid. I still have a very extensive dungeon I made for ADnD, and most of a Gamma World adventure I made when I was 14. What can I say? I'm a pack rat.

Welcome to the Acaeum, Bowman!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:51 pm 

Indeed!  Welcome Bowman1.  Prepare to catch collectionitis.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Indeed!  Welcome Bowman1.  Prepare to catch collectionitis.   :)

Be careful, Bowman1.  Benjoshua is definitely infected and you certainly don't want to catch what he has.  Also, never, ever try shrink!  It is an addiction for life. :)

Welcome aboard!

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:24 pm 

Or you can buy really rare shrink wrapped stuff and open it up while being filmed.
Then post the film on U-TUBE or some such place.
Then place a link here to the video for the SWed gurus to cry over. :twisted:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 am 

welcome indeed! I started much like you and soon found this place great fun, full of decent chaps!
good luck trying not to collect anything... :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:34 am 

Bowman1 wrote:Hello everyone...

Welcome, Bowman1.

Two dungeons/adventures lying about in bins does not a pack rat make.  We'd be looking for...say...several dozen bins.   :D

Around here, in order to qualify as a pack rat your game collection has to involve pallets and forklifts.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:15 pm 

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I have known for a couple of weeks now that I'd been bit by the collector bug, and I have the eBay results to prove it! That's a good thing, right? I'm also thinking about arranging my vacation so I will be in Indianapolis for at least a day of GenCon, so as you can see I am well on my way to a downward spiral. :)

I don't know if it is rare or not, but I do have one thing that is sort of out of the ordinary: the original Thieve's World box set in fantastic condition. I've also got the follow up supplement that they made in equally good condition as well. I'm looking forward to running a campaign based around that city once again.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:31 pm 

Bowman1 wrote:Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I have known for a couple of weeks now that I'd been bit by the collector bug, and I have the eBay results to prove it! That's a good thing, right? I'm also thinking about arranging my vacation so I will be in Indianapolis for at least a day of GenCon, so as you can see I am well on my way to a downward spiral. :)

I don't know if it is rare or not, but I do have one thing that is sort of out of the ordinary: the original Thieve's World box set in fantastic condition. I've also got the follow up supplement that they made in equally good condition as well. I'm looking forward to running a campaign based around that city once again.

Sounds good.  One of the main things you need to do as you start to make your purchases is to definitely check out the threads where we outline bad sellers.  There are several out there lurking that none of us will touch.  A word to the wise is sufficient.  8)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 pm 

Bowman1 wrote:.... I don't know if it is rare or not, but I do have one thing that is sort of out of the ordinary: the original Thieve's World box set in fantastic condition. I've also got the follow up supplement that they made in equally good condition as well. I'm looking forward to running a campaign based around that city once again.

Yep, it is not really all that rare, but still its not easy to find either and they usually sell in the $30-45 range.
A SWed Box Set would no doubt sell for more.

I have been searching for a copy of that Box Set for a long time.
That one and the City of Haven.
They come up on E-Bay on occasion, but seemingly always when I am out of funds.

Hold onto your copy.
What Supplement do you have?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:59 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Yep, it is not really all that rare, but still its not easy to find either and they usually sell in the $30-45 range.
A SWed Box Set would no doubt sell for more.

I have been searching for a copy of that Box Set for a long time.
That one and the City of Haven.
They come up on E-Bay on occasion, but seemingly always when I am out of funds.

Hold onto your copy.
What Supplement do you have?

Don't worry, it isn't going anywhere. :) My cousin had it when I was growing up, and I always thought it was very cool. When I saw it on eBay in '02 I grabbed it.

I just took the box out of the rpg bookcase, and I have both the Thieves' World Companion and Traitor. I think they were both made for the Runequest system, but can be used with DnD pretty easily. [/i]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:42 am 

hello bowman!

welcome to the site - hope you enjoy the time here :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 am 

I'm back after an extended absence. 43yo started playing in 1982. Getting the urge to play again as well as renew my collecting activities. Not hearing many good things about 4e, but I'll keep an open mind until I get the chance to actually play it.

I have a rather large collection of 1st/2nd ed stuff, but none of the super rares. Greyhawk is my campaign world of choice, and I think I have everything ever printed for that world. I also enjoy Forgotten Realms, but have barely stuck my toe in the ocean of available FR material.

Outside D&D, I would like to try Call of Cthulhu. Monte Cook's take on Word of Darkness looks interesting also:

Game Geeks #39 Monte Cook's World of Darkness by White Wolf - YouTube

See you in the forums!

-Doug

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:27 am 

Doug Williams wrote:Greyhawk is my campaign world of choice, and I think I have everything ever printed for that world.

Woah!  Not a small accomplishment, and welcome back! :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 135123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 133134135