Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 65 of 135123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 am 

Katchoo wrote:Another familiar face from DF!  :D  Hey there, Classicdnd!  ;)

~Kat  ^_^

Howdy Kat! :)

Nice to see so many DFers spreading their influence, er ... so many DFers actively participanting in D&D fora. ;)

Cheers all.

ImageImage

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 pm 

Hi Guys,

My name is Ed (I go by Arthnek around the web in D&D land) and I am a long time table top rpg player.

I am another migrant from DF.  (Hi everyone.)

Among other things I do traditional (no computer) black and white inked artwork on bristol for a growing number of projects both paid and volunteer.  I have some magazine covers coming up, some module covers and lots of interior artwork pieces I've done for everything from my own rpg books to retro clone rules (Osric, Swords and Wizardry) to a couple of ezines (Footprints, Knockspell and hopefully soon Fight On).

So you guys think there might be an interest in people wanting to buy the original pieces?  I usually wind up with a stack of art at the end of each month which I plan to table at Gen Con, Indie in 2010 (my first table ever).

Curious Arthneks want to know.  :D

Ed

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:27 pm 

Arthnek wrote:Hi Guys,

My name is Ed (I go by Arthnek around the web in D&D land) and I am a long time table top rpg player.

I am another migrant from DF.  (Hi everyone.)

Among other things I do traditional (no computer) black and white inked artwork on bristol for a growing number of projects both paid and volunteer.  I have some magazine covers coming up, some module covers and lots of interior artwork pieces I've done for everything from my own rpg books to retro clone rules (Osric, Swords and Wizardry) to a couple of ezines (Footprints, Knockspell and hopefully soon Fight On).

So you guys think there might be an interest in people wanting to buy the original pieces?  I usually wind up with a stack of art at the end of each month which I plan to table at Gen Con, Indie in 2010 (my first table ever).

Curious Arthneks want to know.  :D

Ed

Hello Ed, welcome!

I think there is interest in original artwork. You should scan a few piece, put them up in the classifieds, and see if there are any offers.  Good Luck!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:31 pm 

Ack!   I just realized I never made an introduction!

My name is Matt and I am a 27 year old disabled veteran.  I have been into D&D since a very young age and recall playing since around 6.  My older brother is a freelance game designer and has many credits to his name lately in the D&D world (Brian R. James).  Ever since I was wounded in Iraq several years ago, I have decided to pursue less violent hobbies and decided to start collecting old D&D relics (1st Ed and earlier).  Since then I have mounted a very respectable collection and I am always on the look out for great deals.  One day, I would love to get my hands on a Woodgrain box but it seems the prices will only get steeper- but alas I will see my goal completed!

Anyways, great group of people we have here and I am honored be be amongst such fellow collectors

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:36 pm 

Eruantien wrote:Ack!   I just realized I never made an introduction!

A belated welcome to you: Welcome to the Acaeum.   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:04 pm 

Hi all,

I've only just registered with this site, although I've lurked for a while. I've never used ebay before, although I have followed some of the links posted in various threads to look at item prices.

I'm Julian. I'm in my 30s. I got into roleplaying in the early 80s.
I bought my first 1E PH from Ian Livingstone at a convention/games fair in London, and got the book signed by Ian and Steve Jackson at that event. (I wish I'd thought to take my Fighting Fantasy books, as well!) At the same event I bought the First Quest vinyl album; and if it was at that one that I could have picked up Up The Garden Path, I'll be mildly miffed! LOL
I sold all my 1e adventures in the last year of secondary school for £30 to someone, regretted it a week later, then discovered the git had sold them on. (Sigh.) Well, I've kept most of my RPG stuff in as good a condition as I could, so most of it is near mint. Between 91-96 I lost interest in (A)D&D, and got into the White Wolf stuff. When Birthright was introduced, I returned to AD&D, and started collecting stuff I missed then. I also collected some non-TSR/WotC stuff.
I had all the White Wolf stuff up until around 2000, then lent it all to a friend of mine while he was running a campaign. Eventually (when expecting the birth of his first child), he gave all the WW books to his LGS because the owner told him that the books weren't worth anything. [rolls eyes] (We're still friends, but there wasn't a lot I could do about it!)
The last time I actually ran or played in a regular game was the early 00's, and my interest has been waning since then, increasingly so since the death of the print versions of the Paizo mags and all the crap that's followed since. I did pick up the 4e books on the day of release, but returned them two days later, having had the chance to look through them; not for me! The only thing gaming-wise I do buy now is Pathfinder books.
Most fun books I own: Probably my (unread) Pathfinder Beta signed by Jason Bulmahn (author), Erik Mona (publisher), and Wayne Reynolds (cover artist), and the Pathfinder Campaign setting book signed by the same trio, plus Josh Frost and Rob McCreary.

I've noticed that I live in the same town as Killjoy32.

Well, I hope the above is entertaining (in a good way!) to people.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:19 pm 

Hiya,

welcome to the Acaeum.

If the event was Games Day 86 at the Royal Horticultural Hall, then I was there too!

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:26 pm 

Hi, my name is Brian, I am 34 and I live in Salinas, California. I was turned to this site from a Acaeum member named (PaulKM) who started a post in this forum about Creditable Sellers (tonyscourtside). I really regret becoming a member of this site as I have spent countless hours reading about Cougarrinard when I could be listing on Ebay.   :?  But seriously it has confirmed my idea of how important seller satisfaction is. I still don't believe that guy is real.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:26 pm 

lawrenson wrote:If the event was Games Day 86 at the Royal Horticultural Hall, then I was there too!

That does ring a bell!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 am 

Glad you officially joined the Acaeum Brian, and welcome. I see you have some nice mini's up for sale right now.

I warned you that once you started reading the cougtard thread you'd get hooked :lol:

Everyone: Brian went out of his way to help me after an item I bought didn't match the description--see the thread I started, that for some reason died--and I can't praise his honesty and helpfulness enough.  I still watch his auctions, and he's on my ebay "safe" list.  Great to have you here!

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am 

So I was talking to Stratochamp last night and I was thinking to myself... self... I've never introduced you before...

I retired from local politics in 2005 and now am a Steelworker (Local 17 out of Chicago). As the referral agent for the local, I plan all the scheduled day-to-day labor for McCormick Place, Navy Pier, Rosemont, and all the major hotels in the area. We are acually "decorators" going 60-70' in a condor hanging all the isle signs you see at conventions. Before all of this I dabbled in the engineering fields (civil / mechanical), and co-owned a messenger service, when gas was cheap.   :D

My older brother John introduced my younger brother and I to D&D on Christmas of 1979 (8th Printing Basic D&D Set). I played an elf, and my brother played a halfling. We never made it past the first guard tower in that module that my older brother wrote... twisted bastard...   :D

I got back into AD&D just after high school, with a friend of my brother's whom he was going to college with. 20 years later I still game with these guys once in a while, but game with a newer (10 years) group of gamers who found me through an RPGA magazine ad, looking for a new gaming group. With this group I now play 3.5, as we have decided not to convert to 4.0 (thank god).

I've continued to play RPGA events (POINTS!) since 1986, where I was introduced to the gaming gods and godesses like Don and Linda Bingle, Randal Lemon, Nicky Rhea, Brett and Cindy Bakke, Carl Beuhler, and many others (So what do I need to do to become a Grandmaster...?). The RPGA also introduced me to all sorts of other game systems: Marvel Superheroes, Boot Hill, Rolemaster, Shadowrun.

I met up with the likes of other computer geeks on American Online, where there was an RPGA game group called Fellowship of Online Gamers, led by some guy named Frank Mentzer    :lol:  We actually competed in the RPGA decathalon as FOG, but I was not as experienced as a wizard as I am now, and Frank can get really ornery as a player when things go badly.

My favorite moment in the RPGA was the Living City campaign, because I enjoyed the concept where you could play your own character from event to event. Rorrik Ironwood eventually retired as the Constable of the Raven's Bluff Harbor Patrol, ASP, and Sewer Brigade (and a halo of ioun stones he was obsessed with).

When I'm not gaming on Thursday or Saturday nights, I play a host of computer games (EQ, Elder Scroll series, Call of Duty, Total War series), or adding to my small D&D collection (compared to you guys anyways)  
8)  

Peace,

Andrew

p.s. (Andy is fine as well...)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:08 am 

Hello everyone! I've been reading the forums for a couple years now, but haven't been able to do much collecting until recently. I can't recall if I ever introduced myself; this may very well be my first post.

I go by Hunter, and I've been gaming since all the way back in 2001! :)

To make a short story shorter, I became interested in older edition products and found this site. I don't have much yet, but my collection is slowly growing. I'd like to end by thanking the site for imparting upon me the knowledge that that beat up, torn, stained copy of Keep on the Borderlands down at the comic shop probably wasn't worth the $15 sticker price.

(Look at that, my first post. And it only took just over 3 years  :lol: )

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:07 am 

Hello Hunter,

Be prepared for your collection to grow.  When I joined, many years ago, I had just a few mods now I have 16 boxes full of the stuff.  Good luck and good to have you.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:31 am 

Well, when you have those 1/2 price books stores in your backyard things tend to get out of control, Martin! :D

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am 

bbarsh,

Actually very little of my collection has come from the HPB stores.  That, however, does not stop me from checking my local HPB store about once a week.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am 

Martin,
I was just having fun with you. I have stopped in at the Indy stores on a couple occassions when traveling for work.

Nothing found at all. Only Cleveland and Louisville are worse.

Of course they are not worse than Michigan - we don't have any HPBS.

:D

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:50 pm 

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, but not to AD&D collecting.  I've been collecting 1st & 2nd edtion modules and minis for over 10 years now.

More recently, I've been into collecting OOP AD&D Ral Partha minis that will help me fill gaps in my large miniature collection.  

I also paint these miniatures on the side for my bi-monthly AD&D group.

See you on the forums!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:39 pm 

Welcome Mike!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 65 of 135123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 133134135