Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 63 of 135123 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:47 pm 

I love this place!

Carlos, 34, San Francisco Bay Area (Pleasanton).

I started playing in 1982 and casually collecting up until this year when I started furiously collecting. The passion never dies.

I have between 800-900 books but I am still missing some key books that I really, really want to get [woodgrain box 1st print  :-)  ]. I love the 70s and early 80s stuff and I like the 70s non-(A)D&D stuff as well.

It's great to be amongst other avid collectors and players and DMs.

I am looking for print counts for the different print editions (e.g. Monster Manual 3rd. printing: 400,000 copies). Anyone know where I can get this?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:14 pm 

Hello carlosfh - Welcome to The Acaeum forums!

There are one or two threads where print runs were discussed.  Might be hard to find them though.

Some of the information has been collected here, if you weren't already aware:

Print Run

Regards,

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:21 am 

carlosfh wrote:I love this place!

Carlos, 34, San Francisco Bay Area (Pleasanton).

I started playing in 1982 and casually collecting up until this year when I started furiously collecting. The passion never dies.

I have between 800-900 books but I am still missing some key books that I really, really want to get [woodgrain box 1st print  :-)  ]. I love the 70s and early 80s stuff and I like the 70s non-(A)D&D stuff as well.

It's great to be amongst other avid collectors and players and DMs.

I am looking for print counts for the different print editions (e.g. Monster Manual 3rd. printing: 400,000 copies). Anyone know where I can get this?

Welcome Carlos!

This is definitely the place for you if you have the collection you say.  Plus with your age you are one of the "younguns" here at the forum!  Good luck at finding the few rares you are looking for, this is a good place to go (check out the classifieds periodically!)

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:38 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Welcome Carlos!

This is definitely the place for you if you have the collection you say.  Plus with your age you are one of the "younguns" here at the forum!  Good luck at finding the few rares you are looking for, this is a good place to go (check out the classifieds periodically!)

Mike B.

I think I've been bidding against some of you recently :-) I now meet the competition...

Anyone from the SF Bay Area?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:48 am 

Just noticed our newest member is Highermobility - presumably the winner of this (
** expired/removed eBay auction **
). A good buy, and it's nice to see new names around the big items.

Introduce yourself soon my friend

Carl

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 am 

Yet another newbie makes his way to Acaeum.

Great resource here. Found out about it from Dragonsfoot, wherin I also reside.

Not a collector per se, but I'm looking to replace worn out copies of stuff I had BITD, and get a few things I wanted, but never had the money nor opportunity.

Also newbie to EBay (same name). Didn't want to do it, but had to at some point I suppose. Got sniped in the last couple of seconds on my first target. There's a nice welcome for ya. [/i]

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:30 pm 

Welcome Simpering Toad,

You will get better at the auctions.  Glad to have you around.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:09 am 

G'day Simpering Toad,

Welcome aboard!

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 am 

SimperingToad wrote:Not a collector per se, but I'm looking to replace worn out copies of stuff I had BITD, and get a few things I wanted, but never had the money nor opportunity.[/i]

I guess I'm beginning to rely too heavily on Foul's acronym cursor-over-to-reveal thingy.  Apparently BITD is not in his list.  What is it?  And welcome Mr. Toad.  You're in for a wild ride here.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 am 

BITD = Back In The Day

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:04 pm 

Damn, I thought I had them all.  Added!

Foul

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:15 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I guess I'm beginning to rely too heavily on Foul's acronym cursor-over-to-reveal thingy.  Apparently BITD is not in his list.  What is it?  And welcome Mr. Toad.  You're in for a wild ride here.

Heh. My primary residence is over on Dragonsfoot. I'm getting used to wild rides. Still working on going the full 8 seconds.

FoulFoot wrote:Damn, I thought I had them all. Added!

This will be as difficult to accomplish as getting a full collection, methinks.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:24 pm 

"Nice site you've got here… Mind if I look around?"

To echo some other "newbie's"; I thought we were all dead and it was a 3.5v type (now 4.0 I hear) of world now…Imagine my pleasant surprise to see pages upon pages of alternately funny (sometimes unintended) and infuriating "sagas' of collecting, buying, and selling. This is my first post of any type, pretty much anyplace, ever. I've "lurked" here for about a month or so, not one for lurking I thought introductions were in order.

My 1st exposure to D&D was some time ago, Christmas of 75" to be exact, received the 1st of the box sets (not wood grain but you can't win ‘em all). The hardbacks, monos', and Dragon magazines soon followed as they came out. Sadly I was 8 in 75" and none too good at taking care of my things (I'm assuming that being the fate of many of those items…LOL). But like game refereeing & playing as I matured so did "taking better care of my stuff".

In regards to collecting AD&D materials I'm more of a minimalist, primarily interested in things that helped my refereeing or inspirations for adventures. By 85" I'd pretty much stopped buying mods altogether (I made my own). Mainly I collect vintage sword & sorcery, golden age sci-fi, and horror. Arkham House hardbacks, Weird Tales, REHUPA & Amra issues, esoteric materials such as chapbooks and private press by Necronimicon, Shroud and de la Ree being good examples…

As I'm new to posting, I'd appreciate it if I post in the wrong place being directed to the right one, I'm pretty quick on the "uptake" so shouldn't be too bad. Thanks in advance for a great site and your patience with a novice. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:29 pm 

Ah, yes, I remember it well, the six-foot, three-inch Christmas.  

Welcome anyway.   :D   My name's Stephen, and dues are paid weekly to me (pm for paypal address).

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:30 pm 

Welcome and join the crowd of "I wish I would have saved 'X'! I'd be rich!"

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:42 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Welcome and join the crowd of "I wish I would have saved 'X'! I'd be rich!"

collectively (no pun intended) we'd probably be able to make a dent in the national debt with all those goodies we got as kids had we not used 'em as pizza plates, coasters...well you name it!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm 

bombadil wrote:Ah, yes, I remember it well, the six-foot, three-inch Christmas.  

Welcome anyway.   :D   My name's Stephen, and dues are paid weekly to me (pm for paypal address).

Hey Stephen, names Jacob I'll see how many shekels I've got on hand, speaking of which I'm off for work shortly, place makes the "Vulgar Unicorn" look like a family establishment :wink:

Anyway had some info to share regarding all the posts on Wagner's Kane, so going to go do that now....

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 pm 

Pyrex_Pickle_Blowfish wrote:Arkham House hardbacks...

Those are some nice books!!  Quality choice of collecting...  and ones too that can get quite expensive if you are looking at the early ones.  

Welcome!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 63 of 135123 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 133134135