Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 62 of 135123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 133134135
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm 

I've sold all of one thing on eBay. But, if I ever get time, I expect to start putting up a lot more non-interesting to Acaeum members stuff. :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm 

i closed my store and just throw up auctions and BINs now.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:12 pm 

I mention buying and temptation comes in droves:)  My initial intent was to sell a few items and buy a few, but in the words of James Dean, "you're tearing me apart!"

After following some threads (I think it started with the reference to Badmike, sorry the Badmike ;)), I ended up at ebay and the RPGMarketplace salivating over the Reilly Enchanted Treasures, some Chainmail, and I've been looking at Jason's Moorcock collection for a few days now, then I see a reference in the classifieds, click, see an orange cover, in shrinkwrap, and I'm stunned...my girlfriend walks by the computer after I've been glued to the screen for a few hours and asks, "I thought you were getting rid of things?"  

So, the chat: Is it just a Friday night gathering?   

Badmike--that is dedication, though how you managed during your anniversary is a mystery to me.

I may have to clear a few shelves, back up the truck, and swear I suffered an attack.  I knew my nostalgia kick would get me in some trouble....

All of you have been very kind, thanks.

Oh, and thanks for the for the advice, Prufrock, opps,  Martin (Great poem), the Badmike, Jason, and deimos.

Amazing site, I can't stop shaking my head.  And to think someone told me the RPG world was dead.

Best to all,

Paul
[/i]

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:19 pm 

Badmike wrote:Wow didn't even realize you had that much stuff in your store Jason!  Are you going to move your merchandise elsewhere, or just close it up period?  
Mike B.

What I plan to do at that point is bundle items in lots and offer them on rpgmarketplace. It has a smaller "audience" but there might be something there for resellers. What I had in mind was to bundle collections of books by author (like the current Moorcock listing). The next time my auctions expires after 30 days I will probably bundle my A.A. Merritt collection of paperbacks from the early 70's and put it up as a trial.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:08 pm 

PaulKM wrote:So, the chat: Is it just a Friday night gathering?

We meet every Friday night on an ad hoc basis.  See the "Unofficial Acaeum Chat" thread for details.

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:36 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:We meet every Friday night on an ad hoc basis.  See the "Unofficial Acaeum Chat" thread for details.

... and beware the Lemur Bot.  8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:41 pm 

Been a while, so... hello all new peoples to the boards. May lofenloc and TFM not outbid you on everything.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 pm 

Hello, I've been using this site for a while to gauge my prices, and gain knowledge, for my ebay store.   I will always be grateful for the Acaeum....nobody does first ed D & D better.   I think this is one of the more entertaining sites due to the errmmm, outspokenness of some of the members.  For me though this site is great and I think that everybody should make the effort to get along.  Ignore the weak and praise the people who deserve it.  If anybody lives near Brighton UK, get in contact and we can go and drink beer and roll some dice.

PS Apologies for the avatar but I am a massive DoW addict.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:40 pm 

welcome simon.

At least you  8) HAVE an avatar......   :lol:

Some of us have been here for years and yet still have nothing to show for our time on the forums.....   :roll:

BTW:  I was writing about myself for those who are a bit lacking in the brain bucket, or have not yet noted my sarcasim...... :?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:19 pm 

Yes. Hi Simon. Welcome to the fora. Your map idea sounds good, perhaps someone could make up a world map with pins, like some use on Ebay.

I am so old school, I do not know what DoW stands for - I'm guessing the W is Warcraft. But then like Aneoth, I have not got round to learning about Avatars or how to use them yet.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:24 pm 

DoW can be all kinds of things... Dogs of War, Dawn of War, Doug or Wilbur, Down on Willis... really, all kinds of nifty stuff.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:25 pm 

Donuts of Walmart?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:27 pm 

Sure. My favorite is: Die... or whatever.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:57 pm 

Have been lurking for a while.
I have a lot of respect for all of the work that has gone into the Acaeum as well as the ongoing research in the forum community.
There's a certain wonder in fantasy that only comes from the nostalgic.
Maybe it's an age thing...
Anywho, nice to meetcha.

In youth he had felt the hidden beauty and ecstasy of things, and had been a poet; but poverty and sorrow and exile had turned his gaze in darker directions, and he had thrilled at the imputations of evil in the world around.-HPL

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:01 pm 

MadderMax wrote:Have been lurking for a while.
I have a lot of respect for all of the work that has gone into the Acaeum as well as the ongoing research in the forum community.
There's a certain wonder in fantasy that only comes from the nostalgic.
Maybe it's an age thing...
Anywho, nice to meetcha.

Welcome MadderMax (after the Aussie film?). Nice to have you here.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 pm 

Hello all,
It has been a while since I last posted.  Life caught up to me for a bit and saw my family and I relocate to a new city in pursuit of a new job.  We recently bought a house and with the added room, I have been able to enjoy my game collecting and playing again.  Though I visited the Acaeum on occasion this past year to catch up on posts and read the state of the hobby, I have been unable to really participate.  Anyway, I wanted to say hello again and express my thanks to all of you for making this site enjoyable to the relapsing D&D addict I am.

As I have explained before, my first passion in collecting is toward board games to play with friends and family.  Just before leaving Wenatchee, I pursued a large board game collection that was owned by a fellow that once owned a game shop in Southern California.  As has happened before, the collection also contained a sizable collection of vintage RPG material.  Though D&D (from white box set through 2nd Edition) has always been my first love, I have no interest in keeping or collecting rare material.  Therefore I will be selling these items, bit by bit so that I can gather some money to complete construction on my game room.  More to come……

One last note:  I moved back to the Western Washington State near Olympia and it feels great to be out of the blazing hell that is Wenatchee.  If any of you fellow Washingtonians know of gaming groups that might be accepting of a short, middle-aged half-wit, I would appreciate hearing about it.  I am looking for a monthly escape from reality through RPG or board gaming.

Andy

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:15 am 

Welcome Simon and Maddermax.

Martin

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:48 pm 

Boreas wrote:One last note:  I moved back to the Western Washington State near Olympia and it feels great to be out of the blazing hell that is Wenatchee.

Ah, yes . . . Wenatchee, home of the Wenatchee Sex Ring.  I remember when that became the name of a Northwest band.  :)

If any of you fellow Washingtonians know of gaming groups that might be accepting of a short, middle-aged half-wit, I would appreciate hearing about it.  I am looking for a monthly escape from reality through RPG or board gaming.

I think I remember you from Dragonsfoot's Classifieds posts.  You could try stepping outside of Classifieds and into the other DF forums.  :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 62 of 135123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 133134135