Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 61 of 135123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:38 pm 

As I said, a regret.  At that time there were more Gen-Con's to come.

The excuse: a family emergency...what else could keep a teenager away from that?

Then again, I was lucky enough to play around in the Realms when it was still a home brew, so to speak.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:25 pm 

PaulKM wrote:(I wonder if anyone wants Shadis Magazines...I wonder why I kept them...? )

First, welcome, and thanks for sharing your tales from the salad days.

Second, a quick aside: I doubt you'll get rich, but you could probably get a few bucks for some issues of Shadis. It was an interesting magazine, if perhaps a bit uneven in quality, and I'd imagine there's some collectors out there who wouldn't mind having a run of the early issues. Also, didn't Knights of the Dinner Table debut (as filler, no less) in Shadis? Our friends over in the land of comics collecting would call that a "first appearance" and get all excited over it.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 pm 

PaulKM wrote:...... I'm on a mission to replace my TOEE!  A simple enough purchase (along with some other modules), but I'm hanging out in the nostalgia-lounge these days, and need to get that module, find a great DM and run through it one more time:)

TOEE should prove easy to find, depending on what condition you want.
Sounds like a playable copy is your quest.
That will be even easier.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:23 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
TOEE should prove easy to find, depending on what condition you want.
Sounds like a playable copy is your quest.
That will be even easier.

Before you bid...ask questions about the maps.  Like...are they present? :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:32 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Before you bid...ask questions about the maps.  Like...are they present?

... and: "Are you dealing with a cougar"? No, seriously ...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:44 pm 

Thanks for the welcome!

This place is wonderful.

Doh!  I'd forgotten about the Knights of the Dinner Table.  Okay, I knew coming here would get me in trouble--now my decision to unload things becomes more difficult.  Shadis did have some fun offers as well.  Strange magazine, but I liked it for that reason.

Does anyone else get the feeling that instead of selling I'm going to end up just buying?  Shudder.

As for the TOEE, I'd like it in as good as condition as possible. (I also have to replace the A series, Saltmarsh, G1, and a few others).  Hm, maybe one playable module, one near mint....

The maps, yes.  One of the reasons I came to Acaeum is to find good dealers, or get a bead on one or two, or at least some opinions.  I'm so e-bay wary these days, I need all the help I can get.  

Now let's hope I don't get hammered by some horrible dealer.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:55 pm 

Paul - have a word with badmike here. not the cheapest maybe, but a fantastic seller and one to rely on 100%

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:35 pm 

Al,

Thanks for that.  Is there a thread for the "best dealers" along with your "shady" ones?

Best,

Paul

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm 

PaulKM wrote:Thanks for the welcome!

This place is wonderful.

Doh!  I'd forgotten about the Knights of the Dinner Table.  Okay, I knew coming here would get me in trouble--now my decision to unload things becomes more difficult.  Shadis did have some fun offers as well.  Strange magazine, but I liked it for that reason.

Does anyone else get the feeling that instead of selling I'm going to end up just buying?  Shudder.

As for the TOEE, I'd like it in as good as condition as possible. (I also have to replace the A series, Saltmarsh, G1, and a few others).  Hm, maybe one playable module, one near mint....

The maps, yes.  One of the reasons I came to Acaeum is to find good dealers, or get a bead on one or two, or at least some opinions.  I'm so e-bay wary these days, I need all the help I can get.  

Now let's hope I don't get hammered by some horrible dealer.

If your dealer is a member here your chances of being shafted are SLIM. But it could happen, as some dealers sign on here just to see what is being said about them.
Like the kitty kat. (cougarinnard) :roll:

As Al said, Badmike is an honest and truthful dealer and a good DM to boot.
You might find some of his items cheaper elsewhere on E-Bay, but not by much and then you get to deal with someone you dont know. :(

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:49 pm 

PaulKM wrote:Al,

Thanks for that.  Is there a thread for the "best dealers" along with your "shady" ones?

Best,

Paul

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3443

Not exactly what you asked for, but loads of Members here who are also sellers on E-Bay are talked about and thanked in that thread.

Or you could start one of your own.
Perhaps call it something like:

Awesome E-Bay Sellers/Dealers

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:29 pm 

Al and Aneoth,

Thanks again.  And look, Badmike is mentioned on the first page!  This site does amaze.

Hm, new thread, I'll have to wait until I make a transaction.:)  

But first I have to organize the sell pile:  I think I'll start with some of the run-of-the-mill 2nd edition items, and magazines from the 90's, then work my way down.

This advice makes a huge difference.

As I've told friends, if one ever needs to meet new, nice people: look for gamers.

Paul

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:46 am 

Hi PaulKM,

Welcome to the forums.  You ask great questions and the reference to the Shadis mags will certainly perk some people up around here.  BadMike is a top-notch seller I've bought from many times, no worries there.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:09 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Hi PaulKM,

Welcome to the forums.  You ask great questions and the reference to the Shadis mags will certainly perk some people up around here.  BadMike is a top-notch seller I've bought from many times, no worries there.

Martin

Guys;

Thanks for all the kind words, but looking around it seems I may be one of the ONLY Acaeum members selling on Ebay regularly anymore???  Have the new policies frightened everyone off?  Does anyone but Guido and myself have an Ebay store anymore????

And check out RPGmarketplace.com also, Paul, although the items there tend to be more high ticket and rare items than run of the mill stuff.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:21 pm 

Dudes.
I am selling on E-Bay too! 8)

OK its just one thing right now  :roll:   but still.......... :)

Next week I will be listing some other stuff. :wink:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:22 pm 

Mike,

I still have my eBay store up for another couple of months to try to clear out some items.

eBay listings

Starting within the next week or so, I'll be listing some more of my old gaming materials (various systems) and trying to move some of the books in lots like my current Michael Moorcock lot (not Moore.)  :D

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And, by the way, welcome Paul!  :D

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:33 pm 

If you want to meet Badmike (yes, the Badmike) live and interactive, he's usually on the chat Friday nights.  Great guy.

BTW, if buyers/sellers wanna take advantage and make contacts, deals, jokes, that's cool.  Maybe you can skip eBay altogether -- who wants to pay fees?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:00 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:If you want to meet Badmike (yes, the Badmike) live and interactive, he's usually on the chat Friday nights.  Great guy.

BTW, if buyers/sellers wanna take advantage and make contacts, deals, jokes, that's cool.  Maybe you can skip eBay altogether -- who wants to pay fees?

Ooops, also noticed Intelligator still has his store, although he doesn't post much.  Lots of Acaeum members sell here and there (burntwire, bclarkie, etc) but not many have an actual store anymore.  I see BeyondtheBreach seems to have closed up also.

Wow didn't even realize you had that much stuff in your store Jason!  Are you going to move your merchandise elsewhere, or just close it up period?  

And speaking of the chat, please join us, it is fun.  I am going to brag that I am pretty sure I hit EVERY chat in the last year (all 52 of them!) and a lot of other occasions besides (the day EGG passed away, etc).  If I missed a couple, I can't remember any....I even chatted from Gencon, while on vacation, and during my 10th anniversary!  And yes a lot of deals do get done there so any newbies please join us Friday nights!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:27 pm 

Don't forget Reindeergamez.

She is an Acaeum member and a first-rate seller.  

She is still active on Ebay.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 61 of 135123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 133134135