Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 57 of 135123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 pm 

Welcome, Katchoo!  It was nice to meet a fresh face on both DF and Lemur chat the other night.  :)

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Welcome, Katchoo!  It was nice to meet a fresh face on both DF and Lemur chat the other night.  :)

Thanks, Deimos!  :)  I enjoyed myself greatly in the chat the other night... despite the sad event of Gary's passing.  :(  It was nice meeting you and the others, as well.  Everyone is very nice.  I think being able to chat with fellow gamers who completely understand the impact of losing Gary, was good therapy for me... and I am sure for others as well.  All in all, the chat is a great idea for this site.  I'm glad you have one.

Thank you again for the warm welcome.

~Kat

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:57 am 

Gaming_fool here.  I've been selling on ebay for awhile.  Some of my buyers suggested that I should check out this site.  It looks great!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:13 am 

Welcome to the site. Image

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 pm 

Welcome gaming_fool!  This is indeed a great site.  Probably one of the best, first things you can do as a seller is check out the "Idiot Bidders List."  There are more than several eBayers we have learned to avoid and placed on our blocked list.  Blocking these idiots will save you time, money and trouble. :wink:   Again, welcome!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:17 pm 

Greetings all,

I guess I've been bitten by the nostalgia bug... several months ago I discovered the box sets from my youth on eBay (hadn't thought about the game in years).  That led to digging out my 'collection', which begat bidding on some items to fill holes... pretty common back-story around here, I imagine.

My prized items would include first print I.C.E. merp rulebooks & modules and early Dragon magazines - bought long, long ago.  I just found a #1 and will see if I can't finish the pre-50 series.  No rush, though - the hunt is as much fun as the catch...  

I'm glad to have found the Acaeum and to know I'm not alone in appreciating the value in researching and collecting rpgs from the early days.  Thanks for having me!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:24 pm 

Welcome David.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:24 pm 

Hello to you all,

Well Davidc pretty much sums up everthing for myself. I got bitten by nostalgia a few years back and recently I stumbled upon the collection in my closet and it has opened old dreams of days gone past.

I believe the Acaeum was a stroke of genius I have lurked it's pages for some time and thought it was time to join up and contribute any way I can. I am grateful to have a place to help with my collection. Thanks for having me here as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 pm 

Welcome davidc!  Glad you are here.  

Nostalgia is good, but beware nostalgia creep.  It infects most of us around here including me.  First we just want x, y & z and then it's a, b & c and so on and so on.  Seriously, this a great crowd.  Enjoy! :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:54 pm 

I've been remiss in not posting here before now.

I'm John Justice, and I'm a D&D addict.  I'm in Alabama and I've been playing since 1978, which qualifies me for the title of Gaming Curmudgeon.  I also collect D&D/AD&D stuff up to the end of the 2nd edition.

A few of you here know me from past trading.  Sorry I've been away for so long, but I've been kind of busy lately . . .

Long live D&D.

John Justice
Field Testing Engineer
ACME - Weapons Division
"ACME, the Name You Can Trust!"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:42 pm 

Justice wrote:... I've been playing since 1978 ...

Ah, a fellow '78er! Welcome (back), John.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:54 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Ah, a fellow '78er! Welcome (back), John.

Thanks!  I started early enough that I can regale (bore) the younger players with the tale about how I had to HAND COPY charts and rules from the original boxed set my friend owned, because we didn't have the DMG yet.  I can still remember that new book smell when I got mine hot off the presses in '79 . . .

John Justice
Field Testing Engineer
ACME - Weapons Division

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 am 

Justice wrote:I've been remiss in not posting here before now.

I'm John Justice, and I'm a D&D addict.  I'm in Alabama and I've been playing since 1978, which qualifies me for the title of Gaming Curmudgeon.  I also collect D&D/AD&D stuff up to the end of the 2nd edition.

A few of you here know me from past trading.  Sorry I've been away for so long, but I've been kind of busy lately . . .

Long live D&D.

I remember you from rec.games.frp.marketplace days.  
Welcome to the group!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 pm 

mandalaymoon wrote:
I remember you from rec.games.frp.marketplace days.  
Welcome to the group!

Ditto John...I sold you a ton of stuff over the years!  I seem to remember you as a hard core old schooler, still play any 1st edition when/if you get the chance?  Oh, and welcome!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:07 pm 

Hi everybody, I am a nostalgia driven collector, putting together a 1st (and some 2nd) edition set of books and modules that I liked way back when.  For now not looking for anything rare or pricey, but I have been lurking here for about a month and using the market chart to keep myself from going overboard on ebay.  This site is an incredible resource.  I haven't seen my name come up on the Silliest Auction Price or Idiot Bidder's threads yet, so I guess I have at least done okay so far.

For anyone on here that I have purchased from in the past month (there must be one or two), thank you all, so far I have had nothing but smooth transactions.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:34 pm 

Welcome Grug Greyskin!  This IS a great resource for fun and knowledge.  If we can be of help, just ask. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:13 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Ditto John...I sold you a ton of stuff over the years!  I seem to remember you as a hard core old schooler, still play any 1st edition when/if you get the chance?  Oh, and welcome!

Mike B.

Howdy, Madalaymoon and Bad Mike!

Nice to know I wasn't completely forgotten.  Yes, Mike, I'm still running a 1st Ed. Greyhawk game on alternating Sunday nights.  They haven't been portaled over to the Wilderlands campaign yet, so they haven't come across the statue of the Mad Mage Badalato in the Park of Obscene Statues yet.   :)

John Justice
Field Testing Engineer
ACME - Weapons Division

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:50 pm 

This forum's looking good guys.

I'm Rafael, 25, from Porto Alegre, Brasil. I don't play D&D nowadays, old or new, but I'm always interested in vintage boxes... great quality back in the days, very cool even to use with other RPG systems.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 57 of 135123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 133134135