Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 57 of 135123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 133134135
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:06 pm 

Okay, that does it! Prepare to never win another copy of White Plume Mountain ever again.

Or something.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:15 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Okay, that does it! Prepare to never win another copy of White Plume Mountain ever again.

Or something.

8O

:lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:19 pm 

On second thought, I am calling Draco and seeing if I can borrow a stack of B2s to barter with.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:On second thought, I am calling Draco and seeing if I can borrow a stack of B2s to barter with.  :wink:

and if i know corey....his reply will be:

lol

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:32 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Okay, that does it! Prepare to never win another copy of White Plume Mountain ever again.

Or something.

Hum.. you do that, and I'll credit you as providing the first 4th edition Judges Guild product image on my site, and a favorable review about how you have seen the errors of your ways and just love WotC for making 4th edition :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14 am 

Hello all,

I've been lurking here on and off for about a year, and finally decided it was time to register. Just to give you a little background about myself, I started playing AD&D around 1980 and stuck to 1st edition through circa 1995 when I packed away the books and mods for about a decade. Recently I unearthed them, and have been thumbing through them out of nostalgia, and purchased a few replacements for the more ragged items at my FLGS and elsewhere. Never done eBay, which from I've read here seems to be the most cost-effective way of acquiring vintage AD&D stuff. I'm definitely "small time" in that my entire collection consists of about 50 items (not including Dragon magazines), and almost all of these are what you'd consider "commons", except for a 1st printing of Deities & Demigods and a couple of other odds and ends. My main goal is to eventually own NM (shrinkwrapped if possible) copies of my favorite modules from back in the day, so I can feel free to play the heck out of the ones I already have if and when I can find a group.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:55 am 

Welcome Go-Captain Suzdal!  Glad to hear you've finally decided to take the plunge.  

By the way, you picked a heck of a week to start looking for stuff on eBay.  There's a strike going on this week, but there's a lot of auctions to consider.

As you peruse these auctions, make sure you take advantage of our collective losses and pains and familiarize yourself with which sellers to avoid.  The really bad sellers are not too numerous, but there are enough that most searches will turn up one or two.

Again, welcome!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:01 am 

Welcome. :-)

eBay is not the only place to find older D&D items.

There are other web stores such as Noble Knight Games that carry many ODD and 1st edition items.

The advantage of eBay is that if you wait long enough, you may be able to find the item you are searching for at a decent price.

If you have a "want list" post it in the classified section of this forum and some of the sellers may be able to help you out.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:11 am 

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, good to be here.

I've done a few searches on eBay just to see what's out there, but haven't decided whether I want to go through the hassle of opening a PayPal account and all that jazz. I have purchased from a couple of online stores (Amazon.com, TrollandToad.com, don't think Noble Knight was one of them, but not sure). I've been generally pleased with what I've found and the deals I've gotten, but it does seem like some of the web stores (esp. T&T) are a bit pricey compared to eBay. Maybe I'll post a want list here at some point.

Thanks again,

Suzdal

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:57 am 

hey chummer!

welcome to the site.

hope you enjoy the time here. please feel free to join in the MANY topics that crop up here.

(mainly) each friday night, there is a live-chat that happens, someone will pop up a link for you as i am in work and cant be bothered looking. some of the regulars here go on there and you can chat freely with them, especially about Martin's girlfriend Tonya....

*snigger*

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 pm 

Welcome Suzdal

There are plenty of online stores that sell the older rpgs, but finding deals usually is a scavenger hunt.  For finding shrink wrapped stuff though Ebay is probably the best option.

Here's the link to the chat Al is referring to: Chat Room

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:20 pm 

Hi, all.  :)  I am extra excited to find this place.  I haven't really kept up on things in AGES, so I only own 1E stuff and a few 2E items.  My 1E collection is almost complete, actually.  I have a few more items to get to have pretty much everything.  :)  hehe  I am a bit of a completist.  I kinda regret not getting certain items when they were released.  lol  At the time, I would pass things up if they didn't interest me enough.  Oh well.

Anyway, enough rambling from me.  Hello to you all.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 pm 

Welcome, Katchoo!  It was nice to meet a fresh face on both DF and Lemur chat the other night.  :)

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Welcome, Katchoo!  It was nice to meet a fresh face on both DF and Lemur chat the other night.  :)

Thanks, Deimos!  :)  I enjoyed myself greatly in the chat the other night... despite the sad event of Gary's passing.  :(  It was nice meeting you and the others, as well.  Everyone is very nice.  I think being able to chat with fellow gamers who completely understand the impact of losing Gary, was good therapy for me... and I am sure for others as well.  All in all, the chat is a great idea for this site.  I'm glad you have one.

Thank you again for the warm welcome.

~Kat

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:57 am 

Gaming_fool here.  I've been selling on ebay for awhile.  Some of my buyers suggested that I should check out this site.  It looks great!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:13 am 

Welcome to the site. Image

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:59 pm 

Welcome gaming_fool!  This is indeed a great site.  Probably one of the best, first things you can do as a seller is check out the "Idiot Bidders List."  There are more than several eBayers we have learned to avoid and placed on our blocked list.  Blocking these idiots will save you time, money and trouble. :wink:   Again, welcome!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:17 pm 

Greetings all,

I guess I've been bitten by the nostalgia bug... several months ago I discovered the box sets from my youth on eBay (hadn't thought about the game in years).  That led to digging out my 'collection', which begat bidding on some items to fill holes... pretty common back-story around here, I imagine.

My prized items would include first print I.C.E. merp rulebooks & modules and early Dragon magazines - bought long, long ago.  I just found a #1 and will see if I can't finish the pre-50 series.  No rush, though - the hunt is as much fun as the catch...  

I'm glad to have found the Acaeum and to know I'm not alone in appreciating the value in researching and collecting rpgs from the early days.  Thanks for having me!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 57 of 135123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 133134135