Making money - new guy to the forum
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:41 pm 

Aw, fat isn't so bad. We used to play "You pick 'em, I stick 'em" on Saturday bar nights, and the pick was always a 200+ pounder. They make great breakfasts the morning after.
I know what you mean, though. I'm 5' 11", 195, not much on me for fat, but I am the exception in our gaming circle. The LEAST the other guys have is the Body by Budweiser gut. One guy, Sam, is fat enough that he probably has to use 3 crappers when loaf time arrives. 1 for each cheek, and the recipient in the middle.
Could it be the junk food? I don't eat junk food myself, but it seems everyone brings around $50 total in chips, peanuts, pizza, etc. every time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:56 am 

I think it goes deeper than junk food. I've got to assume most gamers were not very athletic in their youth and therefore sat around the table, arcades, movies, etc.

My group was rather different. Most of us were heavy into athletics - baseball, football and hockey in the winter before we got addicted to gaming. We still played sports, though. Most played throughout highschool and some into college. Only one guy in our core group of 11 was overweight, and still is today. He was the only one that didn't play organized sports... 8O  ... you do the math.

I don't come from a genetically prone heavy family so I have not had to fight the fat fight (5-11, 180). That, and the fact that I did four years active duty army and 8 reserve kept me in pretty damn good condition.

But I suspect many of our gamer friends never did a push up in their lives, let alone a seven mile run.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:53 am 

bbarsh wrote:I think it goes deeper than junk food. I've got to assume most gamers were not very athletic in their youth and therefore sat around the table, arcades, movies, etc.

Sports?  We don't need no stinkin' sports!  My gaming group would play for hours/days on end, munching down pizza/chips/pop etc. etc.  Now, we're all fairly lucky in terms of genetics, but the reason we never got fat can be attributed to our D&D "intermissions":

Every 6 hours or so we'd get outside and run around trying to hurt each other with sticks/rocks/slingshots (whatever was available).  You wouldn't believe the exercise you can get when you're running through the woods at night and several other guys are trying to whack at you wiith "staves".  Some wrestling, climbing trees, and slogging through rivers was involved at times as well.  

Mind you, we lived in the countryside far away from innocent bystanders.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:00 pm 

I'll have to tell you about the time we climbed down into the sewers in Milwaukee during Gencon. We were all completely drunk at the time, but ... :D

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:14 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I'll have to tell you about the time we climbed down into the sewers in Milwaukee during Gencon. We were all completely drunk at the time, but ... :D

Did you pick up any cheap XPs for killing rats?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:27 am 

bbarsh wrote:I think it goes deeper than junk food. I've got to assume most gamers were not very athletic in their youth and therefore sat around the table, arcades, movies, etc.

My group was rather different. Most of us were heavy into athletics - baseball, football and hockey in the winter before we got addicted to gaming. We still played sports, though. Most played throughout highschool and some into college. Only one guy in our core group of 11 was overweight, and still is today. He was the only one that didn't play organized sports... 8O  ... you do the math.

I don't come from a genetically prone heavy family so I have not had to fight the fat fight (5-11, 180). That, and the fact that I did four years active duty army and 8 reserve kept me in pretty damn good condition.

But I suspect many of our gamer friends never did a push up in their lives, let alone a seven mile run.

While on the subject, was everyone here raised in a house like regular humans?  Did you learn how to take a shower, brush your teeth, use cologne, deodorant?  Because many of the fat pigs out there have either never learned or forgotten how.  There is nothing worse than a 300+ lb gamer guy at a convention looking through boxes at a dealer's table that has B.O. and breath that smells of his last philly cheesesteak (heavy on the onions), I know because I was unfortunately next to him at Aggiecon this year....
  Being large enough to be a cholesteral factory is bad enough without being a human being enough to spend a buck on a speed stick before the convention..who knows, you may even get lucky one of these days if you don't smell like a sweaty goof.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:13 am 

I had a friend who literally brought sprayable deoderant to an anime con once and sprayed people down when their b.o. was too much.  Despite pissing some people off, they supposedly amused many more...

Previous