auction problem
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:11 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3174491075

i won this item quite awhile ago (auction ended Feb 14).  i paid via check, and the seller says that the item shipped Feb 27th via media.  so far i haven't recieved the package.  any suggestions?

-dave

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:39 am 

I am assuming that there is no confirmation/insurance on this package as they can be traced that way.

You can request that your seller go to his post office and ask for a "lost mail reclamation form" PS form 542

It will take some time, but the post office will attempt to trace the history of the package step-by-step to see where it has been "lost".  I have never had to do this, so I can not vouch for how effective it is - but it is the only thing the postal service can offer without insurance/confirmation, etc.

(Also, I don't know where you live, but the seller is in Pennsylvania.  Media Mail to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico takes 4-6 weeks - just in case you can be found in one of those locations)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:42 pm 

You should pay with paypal then you are somewhat protected if you are ripped off.  They have a buyer protection program that take some of the risk away.

Good luck :!:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:44 pm 

Ebay has a fraud protection program. You get back what you paid minus $25 costs.

I think u have to file within 60 days.

Look into it but use only a last resort

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:07 pm 

thanks for the suggestions.  the package is going from penn to alabama, so i'll probaby give it another week.  if the seller isn't willing to put a claim in at the post office i'll have to try to get my money back via ebay.  i should have a couple more weeks to do that in.  i haven't had any trouble with transactions on ebay before, guess i just got complacent.  thanks again..

-dave

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:40 pm 

Also check your local PO.  I had a package that went "missing". It turned out the Mailman left a yellow "Sorry We Missed You" slip and my customer did not notice it.  At my urging he checked the PO and found the package.

Warning if a package sent Media Mail is not marked "Return Postage Guaranteed" by the sender and it is not claimed within 30 days (could be 60 I don't remember for sure) the PO will toss it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:52 pm 

I know this kinda off track. But I don't buy or ship anything unless it goes proirity with confirmation or the seller has a feedback around a 100 for media mail.

Once burned, pay for delivery confirmation is my saying.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/