The return of the Eastern Treasure Chest??
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:50 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:Ok - the guy who ran eastern_treasure_chest was named "Robert" and his wife was "Lisa".

I haven't bought anything from the_game_emporium, but it looks like a lot of you did.

So, are the names the same or not?

(This information can be found by searching through a couple of pages of feedback for the_eastern_treaure_chest!! )

Nope, that's not what he listed in the emails to me.  Wife's name is close, four lettrs ending in an "a."

Would you like a FORMAL Introduction?? Were James and Sarah Corvin. Is that Plain enough? My Gosh what you guys to talk about absolutely Nothing?  :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:29 pm 

I have never bought from you and I absolutely would never sell to you.

One of the big problems with ebay is that the entire feedback system is hopelessly flawed. What I would like ebay to do is to require sellers to leave feedback upon receipt of payment; and if a negative is left by a buyer prior to a seller posting feedback, then the seller is barred from leaving negative feedback.

A buyer has one responsibility: pay the seller in a timely manner. That's all. If they do that then the seller has nothing to complain about.

A seller has several responsibilities: accurately describe the item for sale, properly package the item being sent to protect against reasonable mail handling, ship the item in a timely manner.

I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER have anything to do with a seller that uses retaliatory feedback to blackmail a buyer to remove a justifed complaint. Hear me, Game Emporium!!. It takes you a month or more to get an item to a buyer? I do not care if you had the ebola virus, you have no right to leave that person a negative. They paid you in a timely manner as they should. I am amazed that anyone wastes their time on your auctions. Of course from this entire message all you will come away with is:

"I, Game Emporium,  am a nice guy, all of those people who have waited weeks to months for their items are just unreasonable. I would be perfectly happy if someone waited 7 weeks to send me payment for my item."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:59 pm 

thegameemporium wrote:
jagd wrote:
He started off his auctions low initially because he had no feedback rating and needed to get some fast positives.
Once you get to 50 to 100 positives people trust you more and thus are willing to bid more. Low prices to start with = more people bidding = faster feedback score.

Thanks!! Glad there someone with a LEVEL HEAD!!  :wink:

Since I seem to be the only one who speaks your language I will try to give you some advice.  Don't bother defending yourself here.  People in this forum are very savvy about ebay selling and you were already tried and convicted long ago.  You are something of a marvel around here.  Your efforts to defend yourself despite overwhelming evidence to your shipping incompetence and indefensibly unjust retaliatory feedbacks are comical.  Everyone here recognizes you for what you truly are; a piss poor seller that often dissappoints his customers and makes up lame excuses to try to stay in business.  Nobody here is dumb enough to believe you're anything but an unscrupulous seller who tries to get every last penny out of every item you sell by calling common items rare and describing poor condition items as very good.  Your shipping problems cannot be explained away by a virus as you have had troubles with timely shipping from the day you started selling.  Your existence on ebay is a negative to the D&D collecting community and most of us would like you to stop buying and selling altogether.  I say this as someone who is on record as being very satisfied with the item I purchased from you (though the shipping time was very slow) and who sold items to you without incident (except for the fact that you then resold the poor condition 1st edition MM as very good.)  Keep selling if you will but don't piss in our face and try to tell us it's raining.  We know better.

moron with money

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:38 pm 

myalbinogorilla wrote:
thegameemporium wrote:
Thanks!! Glad there someone with a LEVEL HEAD!!  :wink:

Since I seem to be the only one who speaks your language I will try to give you some advice.  Don't bother defending yourself here.  People in this forum are very savvy about ebay selling and you were already tried and convicted long ago.  You are something of a marvel around here.  Your efforts to defend yourself despite overwhelming evidence to your shipping incompetence and indefensibly unjust retaliatory feedbacks are comical.  Everyone here recognizes you for what you truly are; a piss poor seller that often dissappoints his customers and makes up lame excuses to try to stay in business.  Nobody here is dumb enough to believe you're anything but an unscrupulous seller who tries to get every last penny out of every item you sell by calling common items rare and describing poor condition items as very good.  Your shipping problems cannot be explained away by a virus as you have had troubles with timely shipping from the day you started selling.  Your existence on ebay is a negative to the D&D collecting community and most of us would like you to stop buying and selling altogether.  I say this as someone who is on record as being very satisfied with the item I purchased from you (though the shipping time was very slow) and who sold items to you without incident (except for the fact that you then resold the poor condition 1st edition MM as very good.)  Keep selling if you will but don't piss in our face and try to tell us it's raining.  We know better.

Well at least I tried to be honest...and say that I have had my Troubles in the begining. Cant fix it overnight...but I'm going to refrain from listing....anymore until I get everything caught up, that may have not been taken care of yet. Sorry to have offended anyone. I wont bother you again...just wanted to at least try and set the record straight. I hate its happened, and am going to do my best to fix it, and all I can do is try and never let it happen again. [/url]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:40 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:First, he clutters up my mailbox with his lies and now he's on the forum. This is starting to get on my nerves...

James, you're a clown and a liar. You lie to your customers. You leave unjustified retaliatory feedback. You steal from your customers! Somebody should inform the police about your practices.

PS: As a professional, you are the WORST seller on eBay and your advertising sucks.

Well you have the right to your thoughts. But the offer still stands...for a Refund of the Item you say you never got.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:28 pm 

ETC/GE
Maybe your shipments wouldn't be so late if you stopped replying to all these Acaeum messages and paid attention to your ebay business.

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:03 am 

If Robert Callahan of the_eastern_treasure_chest is lurking, can I please have the $58.70 which I sent to you over a year ago as I never received my wins.

I cannot say whether these 2 people are the same.  But the_game_emporium won 3 of my auctions earlier this year and had a different name and email address.  I had no complaints.  But I must admit that their style of writing has a certain similarity.

I took the opportunity to speak to Mr Callahan last year over concerns about my wins.  He sounded like a pleasant enough fellow and convinced me that he had problems and would get my goods despatched .  But thats the job of a con-man I suppose.

For what it's worth, Mr Callahan had what I can only describe as a comedy Southern(?) USA accent.  The sort that conjures up images of trailer parks, banjo playing and unpleasantly close relations with your mother/sister/daughter/pet.

I haven't had the pleasure of speaking to James Corvin of the_game_emporium.  But has anyone else done so?  Similar accent?

It doesn't really matter to me whether or not the two are the same, I wouldn't buy anything from either of them.  The problem is that there are too many newbayers who believe that 96% is a good feedback rating.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:39 am 

14 neutrals and 51 negatives in the past month!  Positive feedback is down to 94.8%.  It's like a car wreck, you just can't look away  8O .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:37 am 

The real sad thing is that those people who haved waited patiently for 2- 2 1/2 months for their book(s) finally decide to write-it off and leave negative feedback end up getting negative feedback from TGE in return.

They all seem to have 100% positive feedback before dealing with the TGE.

To the Game_Emporium -> you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.
People pay you promptly and then (rightly) neg after 2 months of waiting!.
What have they done wrong? (besides buying from you).
You have no reason to leave them negatives. For this shoddy practise alone you should be banned from ebay!.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:45 pm 

thegameemporium wrote:Check this one out:

NOW who's DOING WHO??? Man you guys dont even know me, and yet in 3 months I'm a Crook and a Seller that I cant even Find on Ebay or on the Web or ANYWHERE Else for that matter!? Now was I not TRYING to be NICE?? The Item he won was a 5.00 Module and I was including a sealed module as well? No Come on Guys....Tell me the Truth! This wasn't Right! I've Already Contacted Ebay and they have ALL the info. He bid, just to Bash my Feedback, like TWO other people did as well. I have about 6 mutual Feedback withdraws in my email box right now....but ebay only allows 5 a month. So I'm waiting to use them, when I can. TRULY sorry about the problems I had...but I dont know you guys...and contray to what some of you have in your head!! I'm a Nice Guy, and have NO intention of doing ANYONE wrong!?

The problem is, even if you aren't a bad guy, you're a moron.  And if I'm taking a bus somewhere and the driver is a moron, but heck he's not a bad guy, it still gets me in a pileup.  But, personally, I think you're a bad guy also, so I guess it doesn't matter.
      You lie on item descriptions.  You keep insisting you're not the Eastern Game Chest when it's painfully obvious....it's like the original Wizard of Oz movie, if the Wizard had just kept insisting to pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain, but instead of eventually giving in just kept insisting to Dorothy and Co. he wasn't the Wizard, and the movie had gone on this track for another few hours, well, you wouldn't have had any sympathy for the guy, you just would have been irritated and then finally disgusted and then you would have wanted to just ignore the moron or punch him in the nose.
   You leave retalitory feedback when the misunderstanding was your fault 100%, which you admit.  Why don't you just be a man and take your medicine?  
  You can't compose a coherent sentence and you can't spell.  This supports the moron theory, but dear lord, am I the only one annoyed when someone can't spell simple words?  And you think you are a businessman?  You should be ashamed, or finish high school, one of those at least.  
    The Sasser virus had nothing to do with your incompetence. I have four computers in my home, anytime I've ever had a virus it's been dealt with immediately.  Even so, deleting an email would never lead to a 6 week delay in shipping.  The random email sometimes gets deleted. I'm dealing with a customer right now whose paypal receipt was deleted, it took me 11 days to finally send his order.  My fault entirely, but I dealt with the problem as soon as it came to my attention (by mailing out the item that hour, not waiting another 2-3 weeks). Your method of dealing with the problem seems to be to wait until threatened until action takes place, then acting shocked and crying crocodile tears when you get well-deserved negative feedback.  Listen, a few years ago I had an accident and broke both my thumbs, my right elbow, and right wrist (and I'm a righty).  I had several auctions running at the time, and NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, was over 2 weeks late.  This is with the right arm in a cast and the left arm in a sling.  As a matter of fact, I was off work for two months and got more items sold then than ever before! Unless your business burned to the ground or you were in the hospital, no one wants to hear your wonky excuses.  
    Your feedback has fallen below 95%, looks like it's time for another Ebay identity. In the meantime, this forum is for serious game collectors, I could go a lifetime without seeing more of your idiotic mispelled posts cluttering up the area.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:14 pm 

By way of example to 'thegameemporium', I have a ton of stuff I'd like to sell.

I know I'd make good money on it.

I know how to grade it.

I know how I would list it.

I'm not selling it or listing it right now because I KNOW I would not be able to adequately support my auctions by being accessible in Email and making sure I could ship on time.

I am honest enough with myself to know that I SHOULD NOT BE A SELLER AT THIS TIME (maybe when things cool down at work).

Sounds like you should face facts that not everyone can sell at Ebay.  Maybe you ought to stick to local conventions where you can bring your inventory and sell on the spot to folks.

Either that or pull all your listings, get your back orders in line, issue credits and start fresh with some plan for logistics.

Everyone can be redeemed.. if you're not a crook you'll take this as good advice and clean your house up a bit before trying to dig your way out of this hole.

Here's another thing... In business, YOUR problems are not MY problems.  Stuff happens, but, at the end of the day, if you want to be in business, you have to take care of your customers.  If they have a perception that they are being screwed, you will lose.

Good luck.  I have a lot of pity for you in any case.  If you're a crook.. you suck as a crook.  If you're not a crook, your luck just sucks in a way that is completely tragic.  I have a feeling it's both.  Which is all the worse.  No kid ever wants to grow up to be a D&D selling con artist, do they?

-------------------------------------------------

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:41 pm 

JonOakes wrote:No kid ever wants to grow up to be a D&D selling con artist, do they?

Oh man, out of everything said in this thread, I think that's the best  :) .

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:55 pm 

Jon spends 4 1/2 hours a day thinking up replies, I swear.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:35 pm 

::bump::

Just in case anyone came late to the party they may want to read the_game_emporium's rambling defense of himself.  
My two coppers says he's nuts.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:45 pm 

It should really be called Eastern_Treasure_Theft. This Nazi scumbag ripped me off and never returned my money or item. I am currently putting together a lawsuit to sue is sorry ass back to the stone age.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:41 pm 

I belive the Eastearn Treasure Chest dude is a guy name Robert Callahan from Polaski Va.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:36 am 

BUMP

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:02 am 

*bump*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Previous