The return of the Eastern Treasure Chest??
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:27 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Finally after 6 weeks I got my stuff.  Slow shipping but very nice material.  I am very happy with the condition anyway!! :o

Well, I'm Glad you liked your Stuff...and TRULY sorry about the Dang Problems! I NEVER try and Overgrade my Books...I do my best to decribe them in Great Detail. Thanks for at least one Kind Word? Man I can't WAIT to get this crap over and current! We were doing good...or so I thought...until we got that sasser virus!?  :cry:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:34 am 

Blackmoor wrote:For some reason I went and bid on another item a month ago and have still not received it.  I E-mailed him and he told me his E-mail was out and to re-send him any info; I used Paypal for god's sake!!  Any newbie or otherwise half sentient person selling on Ebay should know to check there.

This guy must be on dope or something.  THen he goes and outbids me on an uncommen Role aids module (Blasted Lands).  This guy is just concerned with money and has no concern for finishing the deal!!

I am really starting to HATE!!!! this guy. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

What do you want me to do...Hide my Buying Id...like sooo Many other People DO!!?? I have the Right to Bid just like ANYONE Else! Well at least I have enough Guts to Step out on what looks like the FIRING RANGE and at least try and defend myself? What Item are you Speaking of?? Email me and let me know. I will not be spending my time...wasting it on this....when I have much better things to do than just sit around and talk BAD about someone who I dont even personally know! Did I do you wrong on your First Shipment...NO...did I ask to sent the sasser Virus...NO! Makes me wonder who sent that to me? Anyway...email me not that my email is not bouncing Every other email like it was when I had the Virus!  :roll:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:38 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:Not at all. I'm more in the 6ft / 170lbs. - league, which is not of much use for impressing some punk like James from Game Emporium. But I do know some people who are big enough to do the job. If I was living in the area, I'd consider taking them with me to James. Of course, only for politely asking to fully refund all my expenses (including the gasoline money for the trip to him)...

No seriously. Violence won't solve the problem, but as a US resident I'd surely involve police authorities. For the individuum, it's only a couple of lost bucks, but for James it's a lot of money, because he fucked so many of his "clients". He is really just an ordinary criminal who should be put in front of a judge. Of course, nothing will happen, unless the aggrieved parties take action. eBay won't do a thing unless you protest in masses and even then, all they do is kick him from the system. Of course he'll come back, as he did before. The only chance to end his frauds is to get him convicted for them. And even then, chances are that he comes back.

Convicted of What?? Good Lord...you people FREAK OUT!? This is about Stupid!  :twisted: If you'd like directions to my house, I'll glad give them...Better pack a Lunch!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:39 am 

Boreas wrote:I can lurk no longer.  I have always had this theory about the Games Emporium dude.  I think he uses the book sales as a front to sell drugs.  How else can the guy find so many n00bs to pay what they do for the "RARE" 5th printings of Keep on the Borderlands?

I am no code breaker(though I did watch that goofy Windtalker movie one time) but I am close to figuring this guy out.  I think that each "!" that he uses is code for an ounce of coke.  Each "NEW" is a gram of weed and I think (and I emphasize think) that RARE is code for the number of Oreo cookies that he includes in his shipments. Hell yes he is scrambling to fill your orders.  He can't freaking believe that someone is actually interested in books.

Dare ya to buy one of his items and simply delay payment for two months offering back to him the bevy of 2 bit excuses that he peddles like a modern day snake oil.  Strike that...what would his wife rub on his scales after a long day of not filling orders.

Whew...I feel better now.  I suggest we help him come up with a new name.  We can email him our top choice. :P

Andy

Ha ha.. Good One!! Hell I can even Laugh at that!!  :P  :P

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:54 am 

dbartman wrote:Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Poor newbayer, caught one finally...  I'm amazed that this guy is still selling on eBay!

Just consider the following:

1. He doesn't give buyers positive feedback after they have paid - he waits until feedback is received from the buyer.
2. He uses retaliatory feedback on just about every single person that gives him negative feedback - even though they all appear to be legitimate complaints.
3. He comes up with every excuse under the sun for why he is incompetent and incapable of running his business correctly.
4. His selling practices are just about as deceptive as you can get.

I don't know what can be done.  Maybe he will eventually do himself in if he keeps it up.  My 2-cents.

Well YOUR ALL wrong Here!! That NEWBIE is NO Newbie!! Its Steven Garris!!!! He opened a NEW User ID, and Bid on Four of my Better Auctions! Don't Believe me...get a Load of this Email from him...when I Pretty Much Caught Him DEAD to RIGHT!! I confronted him...when he emailed me and his name was the same as sdgarris!! And pretty much asked him WHY he used a NEW User ID...to Bid on my Items! As Far as Kobold Hall Goes...I'm in NO Hurry to sell it. Its the only one I've EVER had! READ THIS Email where he comes out and OPENLY Admits to what he has done guys! Now how can this be Right!? I offered a Free Sealed Role Aids Module with his Order because of the Problem...and well just read!  I start it off, he broke my message down to make responces.

Sounds fine, Steven!  I'm not sure If I sent you
> your delivery confirmation number for you module Q1
> yet.

>>>No, you never sent it, even though you said you
would do so BEFORE Tuesday, May 18th (1 week ago!).

confirmation number for it is: 03033430000169690595
coming from Va.

>>>Hmmm!!  When I check at with the USPS web sight,
there is NO RECORD of this number!!!

It should be there in just a few days!

>>>Same thing that you said May 6th, May 9th, and May
23rd, and the second time you blew me off when I
called you at 276.228.4949.  Why believe you now!?

:) I also put you in another Sealed Module as well to
say thank you for allowing me to work through this

>>>I'm glad you were able to ease you conscience so
easily, All I ever wanted was my piece of crap $5.00
modual.  Nothing else.  Not that I'll ever see my
item, but I assure you I'd send back your burnt
offering!

problem with that dang virus we got hit with! :) TRULY
sorry about that! I FOR SURE dont want you to think it
going to allways be like that!!

>>>>Based on your feedback rating, that is EXACTLY how
you do business.  I doubt you you really give a damn
about your customers.  Just getting their $$$!

Been about the most Stressful thing, I think
> I have EVER had to deal with...that's for SURE!!
> What caught me off gaurd and frankly worried me
> abit...is the fact that you opened a NEW User ID to
> bid...yet you've been using sdgarris for nearly
> Three Years now?

>>>And I am tired of getting burned by sellers like
you.  Sellers selling DVDs they don't possess.
Sellers that don't think they got a high enough bid on
the item that they're selling (or maybe because they
can't spell and screw up their own auctions:  [Can you
say DemonWED Pits?]) so refund your PayPal payments
(if your lucky and don't have to call the credit card
company).  Sellers that don't send my item at all, but
say they will.  LIKE YOU!!!

And you just opened this NEW User ID right before you
bid on the four items? May I ask why?

>>>I can't get my item from you.  I can't get a
straight answer from you.  I call you, you pass me off
as an annoyance.  So how much is your time worth.  At
$10.00, I figure it took you at least 2 hours to put
my last name of my eMail address with my previous bid.
And all the writing you've done, and the worry over
the bogus bids.  WHAT other way could I possibly get
my moneys worth from you?

I emailed ebay right after the auctions ended
> about possible Fruadulent bidding...because I had a
> bad feeling that someone was going to or try to do
> me wrong or something?

>>>Wrong as in the same way you gave me the wrong AREA
CODE for Tony (by the way, he NEVER did return my
phone call!)?  The same way you wronged me when you
didn't address solutions to people's problems?  Wrong
as in how this entire auction went?

PLEASE Explain this to me...so when ebay Powerseller
Support emails me back, I'll know what to tell them.

Although I doubt you'll admit that YOU started this
was over the phone!  

So keep your items (ALL of them!!)
Write your Powerseller Support Group.
Know that there aren't any money orders coming.
Yes, you are the final straw that caused me to say "F"
you eBay, and "F" you and your crap auction tactics.

Thank you VERY
> Much! James : )
>
> P.S. You can get a Money Order at the Post Office
> for up to 700.00 here, unless its different from
> state to state? PLEASE **BE SURE** to include ALL
> FOUR Item Numbers with the Payment, and your Address
> clearly written as well. Please right me back as
> soon as you can, and better explain this to me?

>>>Is that enough of an explanation for you!?

NOW who's DOING WHO??? Man you guys dont even know me, and yet in 3 months I'm a Crook and a Seller that I cant even Find on Ebay or on the Web or ANYWHERE Else for that matter!? Now was I not TRYING to be NICE?? The Item he won was a 5.00 Module and I was including a sealed module as well? No Come on Guys....Tell me the Truth! This wasn't Right! I've Already Contacted Ebay and they have ALL the info. He bid, just to Bash my Feedback, like TWO other people did as well. I have about 6 mutual Feedback withdraws in my email box right now....but ebay only allows 5 a month. So I'm waiting to use them, when I can. TRULY sorry about the problems I had...but I dont know you guys...and contray to what some of you have in your head!! I'm a Nice Guy, and have NO intention of doing ANYONE wrong!?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:57 am 

beasterbrook wrote:he had a blasted lands in shrink for sale for $250 the other day, don't see it there now...

Didn't look to well did you? It was Kobold Hall and it wasn't 250.00!  :roll:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:59 am 

muaddib5 wrote:
jagd wrote:Looks like he's really pissed some people off this time.

eBay Feedback Profile for the_game_emporium

37 negatives. Ouch!  Time for a new account?

I think "The_slow_shipping_and_bad_excuse_emporium" would be a great new name

96.7% rating.  They only have 26 items up currently and most are Buy It Now.  I agree, a new name is comming soon!

NOT Changing ANYTHING!! I dont RUN from a Problem...I try to fix it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:09 am 

Hello James

You type much but say little.  You are not the Eastern_treasure_chest huh?. Well here is a little spot quiz for ya. Here are two feedbacks
(with replies) - one is the game emporium , the other from the ETC.

But which is which?
1)
Buyer   nalin25( 53) - I paid 45 minutes after the auction. 36 days later no item, no response.  
Reply by the ******:
Item is coming Delivery Confirmation # is 03020980000059617824 Leaving tommorow
2)
Buyer   turboalexmulford( 6 ) - Purchase made on May 1st and still no item. Whats the deal??????   
Reply by the ******: Kenneth, told ya the problem? Confirmation number IS 03033430000169690649 COMING  

Its the same old situation. And the Game_emporium and the ETC are identical in nearly everyway. At least be honest. You come on here and basically say the same as on ebay : thats its not your fault blah blah.
Well shipping is the sellers responsibility. That means you. Whatever else you've been accused of you cannot deny that your shipping sucks.
And what are you doin? whining about it and blaming other people when they complain after waiting two months for their stuff.
Jeez dude..grow a pair! Admit your mistakes at least.

22 unique negatives speak for themselves.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:18 am 

Oh, it's him all right. Same 20-paragraph rambling text.
I'm curious as to what kind of narcotic produces the effects we see here. He doesn't even seem to be able to put sentences together coherently.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:34 pm 

First, he clutters up my mailbox with his lies and now he's on the forum. This is starting to get on my nerves...

James, you're a clown and a liar. You lie to your customers. You leave unjustified retaliatory feedback. You steal from your customers! Somebody should inform the police about your practices.

PS: As a professional, you are the WORST seller on eBay and your advertising sucks.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:49 pm 

I have a very simple response for James.

!! Listen to what is being said here !!

The comments provided here are from people that are quite astute and these are their observations.  Now, some might have a problem with you, but it's probably for the reasons mentioned.  I don't personally have a problem with you but just looking at how you operate your eBay business bothers me.  Fix it and your problems will diminish!  I also have no doubt that you try to resolve issues that arise but you need to prevent them from happening!

Here's a six-point plan that might get you out of the hole you are in:

1. Give positive feedback to a seller upon the person paying for the item in an timely fashion.
2. Present your items in a realistic and honest fashion.  A vast majority of the items you sell are not rare!
3. Ship your items on time.  A reasonable amount of time is 1 week after payment is received.  This should not be difficult.
4. Don't make excuses or lie if you have trouble shipping an item or items.  It will catch up to you!  People talk.
5. Don't take advantage of  "Newbays".  If they want to spend a bunch of money on an item you have listed let them do it by bidding, not by placing an extremely high buy-it-now or initial price.  That's taking advantage of a person's inexperience and they will be pissed if they find out.
6. Don't retaliate against every person that gives you negative feedback, especially when they have a legitimate reason.

There are probably other comments to add but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:48 pm 

jagd wrote:
myalbinogorilla wrote:I think you guys may be wrong about this guy.  When he first started his auctions weren't that expensive.

He started off his auctions low initially because he had no feedback rating and needed to get some fast positives.
Once you get to 50 to 100 positives people trust you more and thus are willing to bid more. Low prices to start with = more people bidding = faster feedback score.

Thanks!! Glad there someone with a LEVEL HEAD!!  :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:50 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:Ok - the guy who ran eastern_treasure_chest was named "Robert" and his wife was "Lisa".

I haven't bought anything from the_game_emporium, but it looks like a lot of you did.

So, are the names the same or not?

(This information can be found by searching through a couple of pages of feedback for the_eastern_treaure_chest!! )

Nope, that's not what he listed in the emails to me.  Wife's name is close, four lettrs ending in an "a."

Would you like a FORMAL Introduction?? Were James and Sarah Corvin. Is that Plain enough? My Gosh what you guys to talk about absolutely Nothing?  :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:29 pm 

I have never bought from you and I absolutely would never sell to you.

One of the big problems with ebay is that the entire feedback system is hopelessly flawed. What I would like ebay to do is to require sellers to leave feedback upon receipt of payment; and if a negative is left by a buyer prior to a seller posting feedback, then the seller is barred from leaving negative feedback.

A buyer has one responsibility: pay the seller in a timely manner. That's all. If they do that then the seller has nothing to complain about.

A seller has several responsibilities: accurately describe the item for sale, properly package the item being sent to protect against reasonable mail handling, ship the item in a timely manner.

I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER have anything to do with a seller that uses retaliatory feedback to blackmail a buyer to remove a justifed complaint. Hear me, Game Emporium!!. It takes you a month or more to get an item to a buyer? I do not care if you had the ebola virus, you have no right to leave that person a negative. They paid you in a timely manner as they should. I am amazed that anyone wastes their time on your auctions. Of course from this entire message all you will come away with is:

"I, Game Emporium,  am a nice guy, all of those people who have waited weeks to months for their items are just unreasonable. I would be perfectly happy if someone waited 7 weeks to send me payment for my item."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:59 pm 

thegameemporium wrote:
jagd wrote:
He started off his auctions low initially because he had no feedback rating and needed to get some fast positives.
Once you get to 50 to 100 positives people trust you more and thus are willing to bid more. Low prices to start with = more people bidding = faster feedback score.

Since I seem to be the only one who speaks your language I will try to give you some advice.  Don't bother defending yourself here.  People in this forum are very savvy about ebay selling and you were already tried and convicted long ago.  You are something of a marvel around here.  Your efforts to defend yourself despite overwhelming evidence to your shipping incompetence and indefensibly unjust retaliatory feedbacks are comical.  Everyone here recognizes you for what you truly are; a piss poor seller that often dissappoints his customers and makes up lame excuses to try to stay in business.  Nobody here is dumb enough to believe you're anything but an unscrupulous seller who tries to get every last penny out of every item you sell by calling common items rare and describing poor condition items as very good.  Your shipping problems cannot be explained away by a virus as you have had troubles with timely shipping from the day you started selling.  Your existence on ebay is a negative to the D&D collecting community and most of us would like you to stop buying and selling altogether.  I say this as someone who is on record as being very satisfied with the item I purchased from you (though the shipping time was very slow) and who sold items to you without incident (except for the fact that you then resold the poor condition 1st edition MM as very good.)  Keep selling if you will but don't piss in our face and try to tell us it's raining.  We know better.

moron with money

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:38 pm 

myalbinogorilla wrote:
thegameemporium wrote:

Since I seem to be the only one who speaks your language I will try to give you some advice.  Don't bother defending yourself here.  People in this forum are very savvy about ebay selling and you were already tried and convicted long ago.  You are something of a marvel around here.  Your efforts to defend yourself despite overwhelming evidence to your shipping incompetence and indefensibly unjust retaliatory feedbacks are comical.  Everyone here recognizes you for what you truly are; a piss poor seller that often dissappoints his customers and makes up lame excuses to try to stay in business.  Nobody here is dumb enough to believe you're anything but an unscrupulous seller who tries to get every last penny out of every item you sell by calling common items rare and describing poor condition items as very good.  Your shipping problems cannot be explained away by a virus as you have had troubles with timely shipping from the day you started selling.  Your existence on ebay is a negative to the D&D collecting community and most of us would like you to stop buying and selling altogether.  I say this as someone who is on record as being very satisfied with the item I purchased from you (though the shipping time was very slow) and who sold items to you without incident (except for the fact that you then resold the poor condition 1st edition MM as very good.)  Keep selling if you will but don't piss in our face and try to tell us it's raining.  We know better.

Well at least I tried to be honest...and say that I have had my Troubles in the begining. Cant fix it overnight...but I'm going to refrain from listing....anymore until I get everything caught up, that may have not been taken care of yet. Sorry to have offended anyone. I wont bother you again...just wanted to at least try and set the record straight. I hate its happened, and am going to do my best to fix it, and all I can do is try and never let it happen again. [/url]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:40 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:First, he clutters up my mailbox with his lies and now he's on the forum. This is starting to get on my nerves...

James, you're a clown and a liar. You lie to your customers. You leave unjustified retaliatory feedback. You steal from your customers! Somebody should inform the police about your practices.

PS: As a professional, you are the WORST seller on eBay and your advertising sucks.

Well you have the right to your thoughts. But the offer still stands...for a Refund of the Item you say you never got.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:28 pm 

ETC/GE
Maybe your shipments wouldn't be so late if you stopped replying to all these Acaeum messages and paid attention to your ebay business.

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

PreviousNext