The return of the Eastern Treasure Chest??
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:28 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:For what it's worth,  in the feedback for "the_eastern_treasure_chest!! " he mentions that:

"it's just him and his wife Lisa now" (similar to his response to muaddib5)

he also states his phone number as of Feb. 3, 2003

"Reply by the_eastern_treasure_chest!!: My PHONE #540-980-0228 Please CALL or ReEmail me Just got in and Catching up :"

:?:  :?:  :?:

Looking it up, 540 is a Virginia area code.  Guess where the_game_emporium lists their item location as:
Item location:  VIRGINIA
United States  
 8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:34 pm 

They are one and the same. Confirmed.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:45 pm 

Finally after 6 weeks I got my stuff.  Slow shipping but very nice material.  I am very happy with the condition anyway!! :o

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:27 am 

I have been waiting for two months now. I have now filed a complaint with eBay. Does anyone else experience the same problem or did you all receive your material?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:29 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:I have been waiting for two months now. I have now filed a complaint with eBay. Does anyone else experience the same problem or did you all receive your material?

I bought something from Game_Emporium on 04/02 and have not gotten anything either.

I did get an email I can post it here:

"Hi, Hal!

This is Jason, I'm helping out James with the Game Emporium. Just letting you know we got your payment and your information, and are currently ALL OVER IT!! I am sorry for any delay in response or if we have already spoken before to you about this order. We just wanted to touch base with you, and let you know that all is well. You can be expecting your package in the near future!

Thanks again,
Jason"

Hal Greenberg

Todd Lockwood art for sale on ebay at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Todd-Lockwood-Art

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:49 am 

I won a couple of things from him some time ago. I recieved them but only after I emailed him and explained that I would leave Negative feedback if they didn't get here in a few more days.

Good luck
Shawn

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:49 pm 

Howdy Shawn,

burntwire wrote:I won a couple of things from him some time ago. I recieved them but only after I emailed him and explained that I would leave Negative feedback if they didn't get here in a few more days.

Same here. Remember the early print of the Players Handbook with the red flyleaf? The one where someone on the list emailed him and he confirmed it had a red flyleaf? The one where I used the buy-it-now option for $45? I finally got it after 6 weeks and a well placed negative feedback threat. The flyleaf is orange :x

Two eburns in one month! Damnation!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:54 pm 

I already initiated a chargeback via Paypal for my long overdue item, even though James at the_game_emporium is ALL OVER IT, as I have NO CONFIDENCE that THIS situation will receive the PROPER attention it DESERVES!
This for me is the last straw. I cannot give him a negative without risking retaliatory feedback, so I am going to create an account and use it strictly for bidding. Longtimers know I did this a few years ago, and this is exactly why.
Meanwhile..........

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:07 am 

I was tempted to buy some of his shrinkwrapped stuff when I first started looking but when I went to "view all sellers auctions" and saw everything was MINT, or RARE or SW I was a bit irritated, especially when i would click on the description and it didnt say mint it said "good" or "very good", or "still playable".  

You know dont waste my time, I dont even bother looking at his crap anymore. :(

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:38 am 

Wouldn't it be nice if Ebay had 'kill filters' for annoying sellers?

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:40 pm 

thats what feedback was supposed to be for i guess except unscrupulous people will always retaliate with a negative on you even if its bogus.

Kind of makes feedback useless even though they let you reply to it, no one can ever know for sure whos lying and who is telling the truth.

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:33 pm 

I won an Ebay auction, maybe six months ago, for S-1 SW from The Eastern Treasure Chest and never received it. I had emailed him several times and was given various excuses why my item wasn't shipped yet, including that he was ill and unable to get to the post office.
I just wrote off the module.

He's a schill :x

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:51 pm 

Please file comlaints with eBay if you didn't receive your stuff, especially if you didn't leave negative feedback. Experience tells, that eBay only reacts when many people complain. Let's not get this person get away so easily!

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:20 pm 

Holy shit, why would you not charge it back? That's insane......
I got an e-mail with a tracking number today. He claimed he would NEVER try to stiff anyone, and ALWAYS sends out items. He is TRULY sorry for the delay. At least now he has MANY helpers working for him. So all of you people who won items from him should DEFINITELY see them VERY SOON. Have FAITH.
God, what a fucking moron. Leastern treasure chest.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:37 am 

Ya, you really should file a disupute with ebay or paypal.  You have to do relatively nothing.

EBay or paypal will demand that HE show proof that he sent the item to you.  If he doesnt have any, Paypal (not sure what ebay can do) will remove the funds from his account automatically and give them back to you.  It 's really effort free which is why I always try to use paypal.

Ive had to do this multiple times when I was heavily into buying micronauts.

I also should add that paypal wont wait "months" for an answer.  They give 7 to 10 days and if he has nothing to show you win by default.

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:41 am 

I'll file a dispute with Ebay and I'll see if I can get a charge back thru PayPal.
At the time I had alot going on and the loss of $10 seemed trivial. I hate to see him get away with ripping off people.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:48 am 

nightshade wrote:I won an Ebay auction, maybe six months ago, for S-1 SW from The Eastern Treasure Chest and never received it. I had emailed him several times and was given various excuses why my item wasn't shipped yet, including that he was ill and unable to get to the post office.
I just wrote off the module.

He's a schill :x

Isn't that the same excuse he used last time, about being ill?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:55 am 

I have an idea about how I can make a seller kill filter...
But don't expect it tomorrow.

PreviousNext