The return of the Eastern Treasure Chest??
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:07 pm 

Are the Eastern Treasure chest and the Game Emporium one and the same?

eBay Feedback Profile for the_eastern_treasure_chest!!

Seems very similar to :

eBay Feedback Profile for the_game_emporium

Same Bat time! Same Bat Channel! Same Bat person?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:21 pm 

I had that thought, too.

I've bought from them, and I must say: Veeery slow. I hope the items will ever arrive ...

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:38 pm 

I bough a two items from him and it is going on a month and they haven't arrived. I emailed him and he stated that his shipping supplies ran out and he had to get more. He said they would be here real soon. I sure hope so.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:46 pm 

Well his prices are very high too. 2 Negatives in less than 2 month doesn't bode well too. I think he's helped along the recent high prices too.

Perhaps he should put

"FAST shipping - Highly sought after, very rarely used"

in his auction listing :-)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:05 pm 

Well his prices are very high too. 2 Negatives in less than 2 month doesn't bode well too. I think he's helped along the recent high prices too.

As I said in one of the other threads, it seems everything they sell is "RARE".  And, prices are just a bit steep.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:33 pm 

And for the record - I think the definitive hierarchy of "Rareness" is as follows:

- Rare
- Very Rare
- Extremely Rare
- Ultra Rare

I am not sure if "Super Rare" is an approved ranking or not. . .

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:53 pm 

This is from their eBay "me" page " I've just recently found out about Ebay, and am Very Excited to be here!"  Also from the "me" page "Use to own a small Retail Gaming Store a few years back, and now hope to bring all of our wares right to you..here on Ebay!"

Just sent an email and asked if any of them had ever sold as the_eastern_treasure_chest!!.  Hope I get a reply  :) .

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:09 pm 

This is the reply I got (pretty fast too  :) ):
Who? This is our first time here on Ebay. To be completely honest its pretty much just me, and my wife ----. My friend and once long time partner of our Hobby store here in ----------...sold his half of the hobby store to me years ago. At the time, my wife was telling me how stupid I was for buying it, when back then we could not hardly sell a thing. So Ebay has been basically a God send for us!  Never heard of that before? Please let me know if I can possibly help you out in anyway. And maybe we can do some business in the future! : ) Take Care and God Bless! -----

I took out their names and the name of the city.  Still don't know about this one  :? .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:41 pm 

Hmm Well I'm 110% sure that it is the same guy. Nearly everything is the same - high price, listing format & layout (heck even the colors), overuse of the word "rare", replies to feedback he has been left and slow shipping.

The least he could be honest and own up. I guess he must be afraid that someone will report him to ebay.

I certainly will not be buying anything from him - I like my sellers to be honest.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:50 pm 

I bought three sets of stuff from him.  He took forever to deliver the first one, and I'm still waiting on the other two...  Same story on the "ran out of supplies" angle.  At least he is consistent!

By the way, when the first item arrived, it was as advertised.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:16 pm 

Hmm Well I'm 110% sure that it is the same guy. Nearly everything is the same - high price, listing format & layout (heck even the colors), overuse of the word "rare", replies to feedback he has been left and slow shipping.

He sent me a follow-up email asking why I asked?  I pretty much sited the above (without the slow shipping or colors).  This is his reply:

Oh ok! Someone else had asked me about another user name, when I first got on here, but I can't remember what the name was. No you don't have to worry here. I've been done dirty myself, so I know full what it feels like! And I've always been taught what goes around comes around! But most of the time 10 Times worse than what you dished out..if you know what I mean? I looked around and pretty much took bits and pieces of what I liked about certain sellers I would see, and kinda pick what I liked and went from there. Anyway : ) -----.

Let me get this straight, the_game_emporium guy has been slow shipping?  Anyone ever send emails to the_eastern_treasure_chest!!?  This guys email ends with "@adelphia.net" (but that is very easy to change).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:39 pm 

You guys are worrying me know.  I won two items from him a month ago and recived the same lame out of shipping supplies exuse.  One of the items he has up again.  I hope this is not just a big fraud!!

:(

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:58 am 

Same guy. I think Mike Kuo and I used to deal with him long ago. Can't remember exactly what it was. Mike, do you remember?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:46 pm 

I think you guys may be wrong about this guy.  When he first started his auctions weren't that expensive.

Look at this auction I won by him....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3174542500

He didn't know enough to label it a fourth minus set and let it go without a high reserve.  It took a while to arrive but when it did it was well packaged and as described.  I have to admit I was worried about a bait and switch because he listed four other OCE sets in the weeks I waited for the 4th minus to arrive....

I think after the auction I won he started jacking minimum prices up to prevent such bargains from happening and when he was successful he kept going with it.

However you may be right as I sold him a 1st Print Monster Manual that I listed as fair condition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3177886775

Now look how he describes it.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2545

Very Good or better???

Who knows??

It would seem odd that he would use all he same schemes if he were trying to avoi detection... He just seems a little clueless to me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:29 pm 

myalbinogorilla wrote:I think you guys may be wrong about this guy.  When he first started his auctions weren't that expensive.

He started off his auctions low initially because he had no feedback rating and needed to get some fast positives.
Once you get to 50 to 100 positives people trust you more and thus are willing to bid more. Low prices to start with = more people bidding = faster feedback score.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:43 pm 

Ok - the guy who ran eastern_treasure_chest was named "Robert" and his wife was "Lisa".

I haven't bought anything from the_game_emporium, but it looks like a lot of you did.

So, are the names the same or not?

(This information can be found by searching through a couple of pages of feedback for the_eastern_treaure_chest!! )

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:02 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Ok - the guy who ran eastern_treasure_chest was named "Robert" and his wife was "Lisa".

I haven't bought anything from the_game_emporium, but it looks like a lot of you did.

So, are the names the same or not?

(This information can be found by searching through a couple of pages of feedback for the_eastern_treaure_chest!! )

Nope, that's not what he listed in the emails to me.  Wife's name is close, four lettrs ending in an "a."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:48 pm 

Nope, that's not what he listed in the emails to me.

He used a different name with me too.  Maybe all carnival barkers turned eBay sellers sound the same in a dark room?

Next