What is the main focus of your collection.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:19 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I don't know about Green Ronin.  Different Worlds owns the rights to Thieves Guild.

Thieves Guild and Thieves World are different properties.

I would probably want the Thieves World box, but right at the moment they are going for more than I will pay.

Oops! *blush* Totally misread your first post, and got "Guild" mixed up with "World". Duh.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:23 pm 

Modules, baby! Gots to have 'em — can't get enough.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:16 pm 

I've decided to extend my collection to include all TSR products bearing the lizard logo. I think that I already have every D&D and AD&D item with the lizard logo. Just acquired Legions of the Petal throne and Classic Warfare. Did early Gamma World and Boot Hill games have the lizardman?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:I've decided to extend my collection to include all TSR products bearing the lizard logo. I think that I already have every D&D and AD&D item with the lizard logo. Just acquired Legions of the Petal throne and Classic Warfare. Did early Gamma World and Boot Hill games have the lizardman?

Gamma World and Metamorphosis Alpha, yes. Not sure about Boot Hill, but I would guess so.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:57 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I am sitting here reading this thread and thinking WTF?...who are these people?  Then I looked at the dates the posts were made and the light bulb went off.  I need more coffee in the morning.  :roll:

I opened this forum and thought the same thing. WTF! I didn't make a thread like that!  :lol:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:23 am 

ifearyeti wrote:I've decided to extend my collection to include all TSR products bearing the lizard logo. I think that I already have every D&D and AD&D item with the lizard logo. Just acquired Legions of the Petal throne and Classic Warfare. Did early Gamma World and Boot Hill games have the lizardman?

if this (  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
) is a first print, i wouldn't say that!  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:32 am 

i'm just trying hard not to spend atm - damn it is hard lemme tell you :)

guess am just looking for things that are "different" than the usual stuff ....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:55 am 

aia wrote:

if this (  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
) is a first print, i wouldn't say that!  :wink:

Boot hill was originally available in a brown paper pamphlet, like the D&D books.  This one is considerably later.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:50 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Boot hill was originally available in a brown paper pamphlet, like the D&D books.  This one is considerably later.

Mark  8)

boot hill always intrigued me from a very early stage of RPGing but i just didnt get the chance back then to check it out and once we got into full-swing of 1E AD&D, it didnt matter anyway cos we wouldnt have played it.

though in my current campaign, the group, once they finish the current scenario they are stuck in, through some cool DMing mysteriousness (ie. i havent the foggiest yet), they are going over to gamma world to do a scenario there :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:11 pm 

Ballots & Bullets, the TSR Personality Product. Front cover: far left background (on horse) is artist Larry Elmore; foreground left (goatee) is Will Niebling, TSR's VP Sales; next is a marketing exec (don't recall the name); then artist Jim Roslof (with rifle). On the back is Doug Blume (the good Blume, as opposed to the infamous Blumes).

Sure, that's a 1st printing of that particular module. It only had one printing, iirc.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 pm 

Intriguing details, Frank.  I wonder if there's a Boot Hill website somewhere that needs this info.

Mark  8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:45 pm 

I'm not aware of any Boot Hill websites. Old-timers seem to remember it fondly, but there are few players. There is an ongoing D&D/Boot Hill hybrid game described in the Campaign Journals on Dragonsfoot, and they have discussed the game in some threads in the "Other TSR Worlds" Forum.

Grodog is planning a new subforum covering TSR non-D&D RPGs/boardgames and that should have a Boot Hill section, and an entry for BH3 would be a good place for Frank's trivia to be recorded.

The only Boot Hill products I am aware of are:

1st Ed rules, ~1975, booklet as per original D&D booklets
2nd Ed rules, ~1978, box set similar to other TSR boxes, included rules, map and counters
Referees Screen and minimodule
BH1-BH5 modules. BH1-3 have Face Logo, BH5 has Angle Logo. Not sure about BH4, couldn't find a pic the other day (BH4 seems to be more rare on Ebay than the other modules)
3rd Ed rules, date?
some miniature sets
various articles in the Dragon

Someone else can fill in more printing info for these editions.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:58 pm 

I doubt if anyone actually ever played a Boot Hill campaign.

I have no idea of the game mechanics, but even back in the day I could not imagine taking time off from my obsessive pursuit of AD&D (I did not know a single person who ever played the Mentzer D&D series...probably just slightly too old?) to try out stuff like Gamma World or Boot Hill.

Our money was so limited that we all used begged, borrowed or shared books and modules...and relied on Christmas and birthday gifts.  My players gave me every D&D book I ever owned in high school with the exception of the Holmes basic set...I was feeding their addiction and they gave me books to keep the gaming crack supply line open.

Mark   8)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:13 pm 

zhowar wrote:Grodog is planning a new subforum covering TSR non-D&D RPGs/boardgames and that should have a Boot Hill section, and an entry for BH3 would be a good place for Frank's trivia to be recorded.

Very cool.  :D   It will be very nice to have detailed information on all of the early TSR boardgames and miniatures rules.  Now if I can only get my hands on a copy of Warriors of Mars without having to spend an entire paycheck on it.  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:28 pm 

There are two distinctly different editions of the early rules, First and Second printings. Very few rules are different, tho. I know Brian was running a sporadic BH campaign when I arrived at TSR in January 1980. Of course the AD&D1e DMG has notes on tying BH into AD&D, but that was just to appease Brian, rather than any real interest on Gary's part. ;> The 3rd edition is the first boxed set, for which actual modules were done (gasp), again at Brian's insistence.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:01 pm 

We used to play one-off Boot Hill games all the time, back in the day. Never a full on-going campaign. But it was easy to throw a scenario together just from the book. It usually involved a bank robbery and huge shootout to the last man. Also, I ran a Boot Hill game at last year's SoCal GenCon that went off great. I plan on running another one this year.

We also, back in the day, ran a Gamma World campaign. It didn't last too long, but seemed to have a fairly high mortality rate.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:11 pm 

Focus?  Whats focus?  :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:12 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Focus?  Whats focus?  :oops:

my focus is "oooh that looks cool"

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext