Recent acquisitions
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:22 pm 

Hi all,

Figured I'd start this thread again to see what goodies everyone has picked up lately. Post your conquests and let the world know!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3177190956

That would be mine. I am amazed they went so cheap, the TAC cards usually go for more than that alone! I've never seen the Chronicle cards for sale. Since my favorite collecting items are JG, I was pretty happy. BTW, if anyone out there has rare JG items, drop me a line. I'd be happy to trade/buy them from you.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:30 pm 

I think the Ebay runup has caused many in my area to be extra dilligent at the Used Bookstores..
Weather is getting warm though so Garage Sale Season is upon us!

So.. no fun finds recently for me. :(

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:32 pm 

I've had quite a few nice finds, here's one:

I was attracted to the auction by this:
>>Some of the compaign modules within the box's are still sealed in the original shrinkwrap.

There was a nice stash of old Forgotten Realms modules and sourcebooks still in shrinkwrap in each box.  Those boxes are deep!
8O  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:40 pm 

That IS a steal!
My wife volunteers at a thrift store, so I get a fair amount of items from there. Best she ever got was a Forgotten realms boxed set. It was somewhat worn and missing most of the components, but some generous soul decided to donate WGR1-6 in mint condition inside the box. She paid $3 for it. Oh, almost forgot, she got Heroquest Quest for the Elf pack complete and in nice shape for $2 the day after she started there.
You guys might want to consider getting those blonde wives out there for volunteer work.........

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:55 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Hi all,

Figured I'd start this thread again to see what goodies everyone has picked up lately. Post your conquests and let the world know!

Today was abig day for acquiring collectible games. I went with a friend, leaving the clerk in charge of the store, to a local bookstore being mentioned in a very old catalog of mine. It was indicated as selling adventure gaming products. We entered the store (in my own city) and asked to the proprietor if he still had any adventure games left from the old days. He did and we DID NOT finish to see everything he had!!! We found:

Blood Bowl
Dungeon Bowl
Mighty Empires
D&D Master Set
D&D Black Box edition
Space Marine Italian edition (EXTREMELY rare)
Dungeon Quest
Dragon Masters
Ultra Marines
Talisman Timescape
Talisman Timescape (a second copy!!!)
Circus Imperium
Soldier King
Kellar's Keep for Heroquest
Stormbringer boxed Italian edition
Call of Cthulhu boxed Italian edition
Battletech Italian edition (the one with plastic miniatures of the Mechs)
Legends of Robin Hood
and some more  :D

Most of this was shrinkwrapped. The rest was in perfect conditions. Amazing....  :!:

This guy still has 'lots of modules and miniatures' in his warehouse. We plan to ht them in the next weeks, to check everything he still has. We spent 280 euros for all this stuff and we are planning to sell most of it on EBay and in my store.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:02 pm 

I have dreams about that store... I really do.

Except in my dream everything has 90% off stickers... but it's basically the same as what you describe...

And in my dream I can never find my wallet and can't reach my friends or wife on the cell phone and it's 5 minutes to closing time and then a Ferrari pulls up in front of the store with the license plate "BURNIE" and I wake up screaming in a cold sweat.  :lol:

-------------------------------------------------

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:39 pm 

And in my dream I can never find my wallet and can't reach my friends or wife on the cell phone and it's 5 minutes to closing time and then a Ferrari pulls up in front of the store with the license plate "BURNIE" and I wake up screaming in a cold sweat.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:09 pm 

That IS funny.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:15 pm 

I sold the Ferrari to finance my collection :wink: .  It is nice to know I am even in your dreams. :)  

-Freddy Kruegar of the Acaeum

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:17 pm 

That would be mine. I am amazed they went so cheap, the TAC cards usually go for more than that alone! I've never seen the Chronicle cards for sale. Since my favorite collecting items are JG, I was pretty happy. BTW, if anyone out there has rare JG items, drop me a line. I'd be happy to trade/buy them from you.

And if I hadn't bid, you would have had them for $8.50 AUD... I saw the TAC cards and figured they were worth $20 US... I hadn't seen the chronicle cards before so didn't know if they were rare or not. Maybe I should have gone a bit higher.... although the seller (remirez) had a stack of auctions finishing at the same time, and he had a few other things I wanted.

Does anyone else have that problem? A seller has a bunch of things all finishing at the same time... and you only have a finite amount of cash. Do you concentrate on 2 or 3 things that you REALLY want and put in a decent bid on each, or do you try and spread your money around, and bid on 8-9 things, each having a moderate bid? I usually go for the latter, and keep my fingers crossed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:40 pm 

just got a call from a friend of mine.  he was going on a trip to a local city and i remembered seeing something in one of the hobby stores there so i asked him to pick it up for me.  it was still there, now i just have to figure out if i should open up the shrinkwrapped TSR Silver Anniversy Box Set i only paid $65 for  :P

-dave

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:24 pm 

I just picked up a Silver Anniversary Set shrinkwrapped set myself from a comic store in town.  All Gaming items are always 30% off so it only cost me $42.00.  

If you are considering taking the shrinkwrap off, be advised that I auctioned the same set on eBay for $110.   :)

And as a side note:  It's not Dungeons & Dragons, but I have just pulled in the driveway with a  Shrinkwrapped copy of Rogue Trooper for $19.95  & a Never-used Kithbook Pooka for Changeling the Dreaming for only $3.98!!!! (last completed auction went for over $90.00)

Time to start hitting the Gaming Stores & Used book stores in Buffalo and Syracuse - I think I have pretty much found every treasure within 75 miles.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:03 am 

I think this was a decent score - UK Basic set :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3182893608

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:56 pm 

16 NM/M/SW Judge's Guilds for ~$40

Xaene 1-4+Plantmaster SW

A very nice condition squid D&D for only $30

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:26 pm 

I recently scored with a bunch of BIN's...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
They came shipped for a grand total of $44.  I resold them Sunday for @$440.  I may just get the Woodgrain Set with the proceeds....

I know it's MERP and not TSR but Lost Realm of Cardolan has been going for @$50us lately but not here....

That was the last 1st edition Merp module I needed to complete my collection!  It arrived in beautiful shape with MAP included!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:56 pm 

Wow, huge score there, Palemonkey. Any extra MERP's?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:23 pm 

nev wrote:I think this was a decent score - UK Basic set :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3182893608

I was wtching that one and let it slip away.  Oh well better luck next time. :oops:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:07 am 

I love sellers who don't realize what they've posted....

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 3183413471

I seem to remember there were some distribution problems with Dragon #275 & 276 - making them harder to find. Don't really care about the rest of the stuff, but getting those two Dragons felt good.

And my local gaming store is moving so they are unloading all of their used RPG items at 50% off. Life is rough... I just hope my tax return gets here in time!

Next