Can someone identify these two items for me?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:27 am 

Hi all, I would appreciate it if anyone here can identify the following to items:    community.webshots.com/photo/55472436/5 ... 2598IFGVWT   community.webshots.com/photo/55472436/5 ... 1274jCOHsT  If anyone can translate for me what it says or what it is, pls let me know! Foreign collectors out there, help me out! Thx!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:45 am 

Mike---  I've never seen them before.  Your best bet would be to email the three main Greyhawk lists:    Taerrae may be of the most use, since it's a French D&D list.  There are many Europeans on the Greytalk list, too, though, as I found when seeking Dutch translators for a Greyhawk web site....  FWIW, the first image looked Russian to me, and the second does appear to be Greek.  I haven't read Russian since grad school, but could break out my dictionary and give it a go if you can't find someone more qualified....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:55 am 

Hi Allan, thanks for the help! You think the first one is in Russian?? I thought both items were Greek. If you can provide anymore help, that would be greatly appreciated.  Anyone else out there that knows what the two items say, etc please let me know! THx!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:53 pm 

My wife concurs that the flashy/colorful one is Greek, and thinks that the tan-background one with a Jascar-like figure on the cover may be Greek, though I still think that it may be Russian.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:56 am 

Its all Greek to me.  :wink:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:16 am 

Everythings "greek" to you Adam.  8O  :lol:  haha.  Thanks for the useful info Allan! Appreciate it. I took a look at the two items and thought that both language seemed similar. Perhaps greek, etc....I dunno! If you can find more stuff about them pls do let me know!  ANY GREEK collectors or Russia collectors out there that can verify or unverify what the items are???

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:34 am 

The first one is neither Greek nor Russian, so far as I can tell (it uses a Cyrillic very like Russian Cyrillic but the words are more Greek - it could be Bulgarian or something for all of me).  In any case it appears to be the Atlas of the Flanaess (it's definitely something of the Flanaess - since I don't know which language it is I can't verify that "anatolis" is "atlas," but it seems likely).  The second one sure looks like Greek, but I can't tell what the heck it is, although if I had to guess I'd say it's a magazine.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:45 am 

Hi Tool! Thanks for the helpful input! I'm still trying to figure out what they are. You are correct that one of them is a magazine. The other one, well I'm still clueless  8O

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:49 am 

If you compare the first one to an English Atlas of the Flanaess it should be possible to tell if they're the same thing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:52 am 

I'll have to check into it! Many thanks! Anymore help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:38 am 

Sorry, after looking at it again I think it IS Greek - it's just a weird font (the terminal sigma looks like a Russian "s" to me).  Literally I think it says "Bible of the Eastern Flanaess," which I don't think is something that exists in English.  "Bible" here probably means "guide" or something similar.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:26 pm 

Hello,  This topic is slightly old but when I saw the pictures I laughed so hard that I couldn't stop myself from writing a couple of lines! I'm afraid that I will dissapoint all you collecting enthusiasts.   It IS Greek (they are both Greek), it IS a magazine, it is actually our magazine! An RPG fanzine called Panselinos (meaning Fullmoon) which went out in Greece! The main part of the magazine is actually the second picture. The first picture is a booklet which was written by a friend (who I think was also the chief-editor at the time) for the World of Greyhawk. When TSR left the story he kept going developing the timeline with new events.   The magazine along with the booklet went out around the same time that Wizards thought it was a good idea to give ol' Greyhawk another spin. And we thought it was a good idea to publish the booklet.   Where it is right now, I have no idea, although I know that it is somewhere in the States. I've seen it once again in an eBay auction (the guy had no idea what he was selling!). It seems that it is going round and round...  So, sorry, no misplaced, unknown, all-forgotten rare module there for you (no mocking intended, I am a collector myself and have made quite a few times such mistakes). Although, it was a very good laugh for me!!  Regards,  lukuliuS

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:44 am 

Lukulius thanks for the helpful info! Pls translate the titles of both greek items for me. I'm very interested in knowing the titles.  I think those two greek items are very cool so its all good for me.