(A)D&D Collecting Sites
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:00 pm 

I was wondering if anyone could supply me with any online sites that carry D&D and AD&D items?
I currently use Noble Knight Games, Hero Factory, Dragons Trove, and The Hit Pointe as resources for building my collection.
I also use Ebay, but due to the recent price surges, I'm hoping I can find other sites that can supply me.
I would greatly appreciate any info, especially from the veteran collectors, of any other websites that are out there and I don't know about.
Thanks for your time.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:24 am 

Try this link, it is one of the biggest gaming stores on the continent and has a large supply of old 1st and 2nd ed stuff still brand new in the shrink wrap on the shelves.  The web site is pretty good but sometimes is a little slow to be updated.

http://www.sentrybox.com/

Good luck. :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:38 am 

One of the largest, but sadly one of the more expensive ones is Titan Games: http://www.titangames.com/

Darkside gaming has a small selection, but sometimes they have rare items for prices lower than eBay: http://www.darksidegaming.com/

And RPG novels can be found as collectibles in the used books section of Amazon.com

Finally, if you were in Europe, you could buy from Malcolm's store: House Atreides CCG singles for sale

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:41 am 

Sentry box looked expensive until I realized the prices were (duh) in Loonies!  That makes it more palatable I think.

.. just about 25% discount basically.

No steals but certainly 'fair' prices given what we've seen on Ebay lately!

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 pm 

I used to get a lot of deals off of Le Valet d'Coeur, since their prices were fair, and were in Canadian funds, which made them downright cheap for hard to find stuff.  I'd turn around and trade that stuff at cons for stuff to sell on eBay, and double my money easy.  Haven't been there in awhile, though, I doubt it's as lucrative as it was years ago.

If you're looking for selection, and not a deal, Dragon's Trove is OK.

Maybe I can find my old links page, if I have the .html - I used to have about 20-30 places I would shop at (~1995-2000).  I wonder how many are still around?

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:35 pm 

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback & will definitely check out those sites!!