Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 111123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:21 am 

Chucho68 wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:This is a steal!

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

:D

Hector.

It's just not specifically stated whether it is the buyer or the seller that is doing the stealing at that price
;-P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:58 am 

I am pretty sure I picked this one up in shrink in perfect condition last year for half of this price

** expired/removed eBay auction **

8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm 

Blackmoor wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:I am pretty sure I picked this one up in shrink in perfect condition last year for half of this price

8O

8O indeed. Kudos to "Tim" the Enchanter? ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:15 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I might... on a really good day... get 6K for my 3.5 collection (which also includes the 3.5 leather books, and the Alpha and Beta test books as well..).

Did I mention it's miserably cold outside in Chicago right now...?

184 items (count probably includes the soft-cover books and magazines) even at $20/item is generous.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:10 pm 

Alpha and beta test books?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:52 am 

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:12 am 

To continue on a theme:

$105 for a normal use copy with scribbling in pen. And the seller called it a 6th printing. No clue.

Zen

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:51 pm 

kythri wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Alpha and beta test books?

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:37 pm 

Ah, ok - I think I've seen these on NKG - that's the pre-release playtest stuff?

Sorry, braindead for a minute there.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:42 pm 

kythri wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Ah, ok - I think I've seen these on NKG - that's the pre-release playtest stuff?

Sorry, braindead for a minute there.

The top ones are the 3.0 alpha books, the bottom two 3.0 beta books.

The beta-test books were shipped to various members of the RPGA to playtest 3.0 (from what I remember...).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:09 pm 

I was seriously thinking about hitting this BIN, especially when I saw the sweet condition of the B2 and B4

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:25 pm 

The prices for the Fist of Emirikol keep going up---I had hoped to snag a play copy @

but that's nearly as much as ones in shrink with the original rules sheet go for....

===

This, on the other hand, is just over the top :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:19 am 

About anything this seller has listed is overpriced big time.

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:10 am 

burntwire brothers wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:About anything this seller has listed is overpriced big time.

And lots of stuff that is pictured in shrink, but upon inspection is clearly re-shrinked. I'll be staying away from that seller for sure.

Zenfinite

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 am 

Zenfinite wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:And lots of stuff that is pictured in shrink, but upon inspection is clearly re-shrinked. I'll be staying away from that seller for sure.

Zenfinite

Who's going to explain that to the purchaser of this module?  :?

Elsewhere previously, X10 apparently in SW; "Module is New; missing chits for tabletop wargaming". (Seller's prices are all over the place but that's by-the-by).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:26 pm 

the condition on this is simply amazing

I have to pull that trigger on the BIN before someone else grabs this deal! PDT_Armataz_01_35

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:30 am 

For whatever reason, the DDG with Cthulhu entered the popular consciousness as the ne plus ultra of D&D collecting.  I still game with guys who believe they will retire on the proceeds of selling their old DDG remains on eBay.  They're just waiting because the prices keep going up and up.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:42 am 

Link above is for the so called Rare Misprinted Third Print.
Which does not even include the Cthulhu Mythos and the Melnibonean Mythos.
The misprints?
Back cover still indicates 17 pantheons instead of 15 and the thank you note on page 4.

I stopped buying copies of the 144 page DDGs when they started being regularly listed at $50-$75 plus.
By that time I already had more copies than I cared to admit to in any public forum.  :roll:
But even after that I still saw copies regularly listed for much lower, usually it was listed by sellers who had no clue that if the book had 144 pages rather than 128 it was worth a bit more.

Not for the reason listed above... as I am not waiting to retire on them....
I just thought they were good buys at $25-$45 back then.
Based on some listings I have seen lately of 1st-2nd and even later prints it appears that I was correct.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 111123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 109110111