Deadlord Minime!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:35 am 

WOW!
Check the bids on the C2 auction. It appears I've gained some notoriety. Someone seems to have borrowed my Acaeum name and used it for an eBay account. He posted a picture and info too! And no, it isn't a shill account of mine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:54 am 

WOW!
Check the bids on the C2 auction. It appears I've gained some notoriety. Someone seems to have borrowed my Acaeum name and used it for an eBay account. He posted a picture and info too! And no, it isn't a shill account of mine.

I hope it's not a shill account of yours.  The picture is from mulletsgalore.com, and did you read what this guy enjoys?  "I run the International Gaymer's Association which is a small gaming group...well there are only 2 of us but we are looking for others to join!! We specialize in live action sword fighting. Mano a Mano"  ROFL

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:14 pm 

LOL, i missed the references. Must be this head cold I've had for a week.
Well, that IS disturbing. I don't like the idea of someone creating a dummy account to bid on a legitimate seller's item, especially when it is a rare one. That is pretty childish. I e-mailed Lordan to let him know it wasn't me.
Obviously it's an Acaeum user, most likely one who doesn't like me very much. So many to choose from.... Is there a way to get the e-mail address of the eBay account?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:18 pm 

Choose wisely, Frank. It wasn't me.

However, nice bidding history ...

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:22 pm 

I didn't think it was you, Ralf. You are usually pretty straightforward with me, which I appreciate. Even though we have had differences, I still respect you as a collector and as a person.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the least bit offended. I like a practical joke as much as anyone. However, when it is at the financial expense of another, that is wrong. I could see using the account to bid on one of the PDF seller's items, but not a C2.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:28 pm 

Fair enough.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:10 pm 

I though it was you.  That's some funny shit!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:41 pm 

Planning a trip to Amsterdam Frank?

Welcome to eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:57 pm 

Heh, i know, I noticed the other auctions. Seems someone went thru a great deal of trouble.
I contacted the C2 seller, and he is investigating the account. I would guess that since the eBay e-mail account is an AOL account that a credit card would have been registered, so the false Deadlord may be in for a surprise. He seems pretty pissed.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:58 pm 

Wow! That is funny. It looks like you really pissed off someone Frank.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:58 pm 

It amazes me that someone could have this much free time on their hands to go through all the trouble.  It'll be interesting to see, though, how this all gets resolved.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:53 pm 

The bids on the mono C2 are not the ones that trouble me, seeing that they are below the reserve and therefore do not truly impact the sale of the module. If the person using the Deadlord36 account places any bids when the C2 is above the reserve, then there is a problem.

The auctions that this person bid on that were related to sexual orientation are the more troubling (not the auctions, but the bidding on them). The Deadlord36 account won one auction and is in line to win another. A joke is a joke, but these sellers do not deserve to be inconvenienced because of it.

I will admit that it was funny...Internation Gaymer's Association...sword fighting...funny stuff.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:08 pm 

And I'm sorry, but from the description for the "Go Software Padded Jock--gay interest ":

These are used but clean to ebay standards. I have owned these for many years but they have plenty of good use left in them.

What the hell is that!?! What kind of person buys someone else's used jock?!? I would imagine it would be the same type of person who would actually pay more if the jock strap was not cleaned ebay standards. And seriously, I think we could have done without the two pictures in the item's description.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:43 pm 

Ha! I never knew there was the equivalent of padded bras for men. I wonder if he has an expensive big car too.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:19 am 

WOW....I was laughing so hard my wife thought I was going to pass out! Whoever is doing this to Deadlord is damn creative......HEHE...man thats funny!! :lol: .... Does Deadlord really have a mullett?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:06 am 

Just the opposite. I shaved my head during my term in the USMC, and it was so damn comfortable, I've been doing it ever since.
BTW, the phrase "Well met all" is familiar. Someone in here has used that phrase before. In a bio, I believe....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:57 am 

Hey. . . I know it's old news, but I was looking through previous posts and noticed this one. I thought I'd check out the "About ME" page for Deadlord36.

members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... deadlord36

It looks a bit different from the first time.  The message is short, but the animosity is still there.

Looks like they paid for their items though.  Hope they were put to good use.
:lol:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:27 am 

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

Man..if that's you, I apologize for everything I said.  I will gladly turn over my entire remaining collection.

Note, I am moving, changing my email, and having a face change!

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Next