Shady Buyers
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 am 

@ Lurker Above - I don't know what your beef is with Dwarf, don't know the details, and don't know either of you to any great extent, as you are both occasional visitors to the site, but without specific evidence that cannot be refuted, you're coming on strong.

I should point out that proof of delivery ANYWHERE does not demonstrate that the intended recipient ever got the itm you sent. It just demonstrated that someone in the intended country says the item was received. We have seen evidence here in the UK or Postmen signing to say things were delivered, and we have seen situations here were items have been delivered to the wrong address, wrong city even, and signed for by a household. It happens all the time in the UK and there is no way in hell I can believe that the postal system in the US or France or Italy or anywhere is any better, or any more trustworthy.

Hell, T&T have been caught out allegedly faking delivery confirmation to perpetrate fraud, and I'm sure they have a perfectly reasonable in some people's eyes, excuse for why it happened.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:29 am 

lurker_above wrote:Kingofpain89, you're a pathetic idiot : i'm a computer scientist from my studies in Dijon, but my job is as a french postal service officer at Lyon. There is no special studies at the university to work for COLIPOSTE but as freight services here in France are automatized they need a computer scientist : i'm neither a guy who stamps letters nor a guy who sort packets. I'm piloting (verifying full functionnality of) automatized sorting machines, verifying all prehensive robots are taking great care of packages, and giving orders to workers when packets are damaged during shipment to repair them when they are bent/crushed, and will arrange special delivery for them.
You may find many workers in the world who made studies and whose work is very different. In case you think otherwise, you're wrong.

Yes, my main eBay ID is guydrin_avalon. But the sole screw here is dwarf (eBay ID adjdr) :

* his feedback details are now confidential because he recently left a -FB to a US seller pretending he hasn't received his package and the seller replied telling he has proofs he received it, and the fact his feedback score is no hidden prooves he attenpted to screw that seller  Check google cache !

* he made auction interference between "mystic_fairy" and i in June, hoping to receive my won items : unfair practice ! check mystic-fairy feedbacks and you will see in June adjdr bought items at the same time as me.  

* i recently won two items and as he was the second best bidder adjdr tried auction interference again, contacting the seller to say "don't send items to him !!!" ==)> and still no news from the seller ! He's the bad guy here, not me !

* adjdr tried to get a free "TSR-1" from the seller and a full refund from mondiversi : another unfair practice from him !

==)> who is really the sole screw, here ? adjdr, not i. And i can proove it !

You are a liar : check my feedbacks received, idiot ! 100% satisfaction as a seller.
I'm not the one who sent an item without its map :roll: : it is easy to state others are screws when you are a cougster :lol:
If a really was a screw, i would have received as many -FBs as jonb. Anyone can tell on a forum that someone is a screw, but you will have to proove it. I have proofs concerning "dwarf" to be a screw : "mystic-fairy" told it to me in July. It is easy to lie as you do here - pretending someone is a screw - without bringing proofs. But i, i have proofs adjdr is AT LEAST guilty of auction interference. And my feedbacks as a seller proove i'm 100% honest. Think what you want, con artist !

Good to see you finally got +FB instead of -FB ; check my feedbacks as a seller, as it prooves i always got 100% +FB from my buyers (the sole one who was changed was a neutral from "alahel" because of one pencil mark inside and he got refund) ; and check also my DSR. As i said, i don't want to buy items from you :arrow: as a buyer i'm now accepting signed for services only, for mutual satisfaction and shipment guarantee (thanks to dwarf the screw artist for that ;) )

In case you have other questions, you can contact me in private or through eBay. As i told you, you made a mistake as a seller and you had to bear the cost.

Simply buy an item from me and you will understand when you will receive it that i'm an honest seller and why i usually receive 20 stars per sale with a +FB.

Foul foot,

I'm not here to ruin other reputations, but i have to defend my honor from such lies. I hope you will understand it is very easy to blame buyers, but it would also be easy to invite them here to defend their view points versus (maybe) lies or abusive messages.
It would be futile to ban me again because as a computer scientist i can set a new IP address and a new MAC address when i want to (i only have to unplug and plug again my modem to obtain them :lol: ), and the sole fact i'm here prooves it. But do as you want ;)

Cheers,
your "semi-troll"  :lol:

Nice change to the original post that you made... And also nice to know that you are still the mental loon guydrin_avalon. Way to go...  :roll:  :roll:

EDIT - To add the original post that was made.

"i'm a computer scientist from my studies in Dijon, but my job is as a french postal service officer at Lyon"

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 am 

ashmire13 wrote:"i'm a computer scientist from my studies in Dijon, but my job is as a french postal service officer at Lyon"

He's not just any postal officer, he's a French Computer Scientist Postal Officer with a sworn an oath to tell the truth.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:12 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:He's not just any postal officer, he's a French Computer Scientist Postal Officer with a sworn an oath to tell the truth.

:lol:  :lol:
Is there any other kind...??

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 pm 

... He's got an 'ology. He's a scientist.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:32 pm 

Lurker_above, there is a reason as to why I do not acknowledge The Acaeum's attempts at grading, and this dispute perfectly illustrates the biggest flaw in the grading: the persons involved refusing to grade properly because it affects the value of the items in their possession.

An incomplete item is Poor, at best. So Kingofpain's statement that he doesn't know a single seller that would give an item a grade of less of good for an incomplete item is now false, because he now knows someone who would grade less than good for an incomplete item: me. I wonder how long it will be before you're invited to leave because you dared to question someone's grading. :roll:

As for the rest of you, this grading issue isn't going away. For me at least, because of the biased grading, fan disillusionment has come perilously close to settling in, if it hasn't already done so. I see fan dumb here and in my other haunts as well. The following quote from one of the linked pages is quite appropriate to this site right about now:

The end result of all this is someone who believes passionately that they're the champion elite of the fandom, guarding and preserving what makes it special, whilst ultimately contributing little of any actual value to the property or the fandom, even contributing to its ruining in the process.

It's disgusting, and I don't think I can continue participating here. So, everyone keep on arguing about this bullshit. I'm going to get some fresh air. I may be back, or I may not, but regardless of whether I come back or not this site needs to get its collective head out of its ass.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:04 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:We have seen evidence here in the UK or Postmen signing to say things were delivered, and we have seen situations here were items have been delivered to the wrong address, wrong city even, and signed for by a household. It happens all the time in the UK and there is no way in hell I can believe that the postal system in the US or France or Italy or anywhere is any better, or any more trustworthy.

It is frequently like that in France too. I never signed for a signed for item as instance. Like the one I bought to you on ebay, I didn't sign anything, the postman only put your/my package in my letterbox, without any clues I got it. I could have said that I never received anything. So there is definitely no guarantee of any delivery here in France.
Even the "colissimo", which is a signed for service, can be delivered to anyone else. My girlfriend lived in an apartment block and never had never received any package. She went to the Post office, where the post officer said to her "oh yes, but in block we do not ring to your appartement, we give all packages to the first person we see in the block, every postman does that"  **Shocked**
So... French postal service is the same unreliable service as in any country

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm 

lurker_above wrote:Kingofpain89, you're a pathetic idiot

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I've been called worse by friends and family.  You rate lower than a dried-out dog turd so please don't feel ashamed that your fourth rate attempt at mental anguish didn't cause my psyche any lasting harm.  :roll:  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:24 pm 

Traveller wrote:An incomplete item is Poor, at best.

Surely it comes down to how accurately the seller describes the item, and the level of communication between buyer and seller. The buyer's responsibility is to confirm that the seller's description has a high degree of being accurate. This is a judgement based on past experience, and the experience of others, hense the feedback system.

It is perfectly possible to have a near mint copy of Men & Magic, or a near mint JG Modron Map. The fact that they are without the white box they came in, or the module it was supposed to be with, does not detract from the condition of the item. So the book remains near mint.

You can't very well describe a near mint copy of Men & Magic is a poor condition copy of the White Box set. That's just assinine. In fact, contrary to your suggestion, I'd suggest anyone selling a near mint copy of Men & Magic and describing it as a poor condition OCE is a liar.

The responsibility is on the seller to be as complete as possible in his description of any flaws, and the responsibility of the buyer is to not be a fool. If a seller does not give a description of a product, and does not describe it fully, or say that it is complete, the the buyer is being as ass by assuming it is anything other than described.

Both parties entering into a contract have a responsibility for the communication over the sale of the goods. That's why eBay provide a means to communicate through their website.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 pm 

Yeah, I have to agree MB. I like it when the box/maps/fold outs etc are described separately from the exterior & interior. Who wants to pay for a perfect copy only to find out the component items are missing corners, have tape/pin holes, lots of permanent marker or were gnawed by the family pet?

Great topic for discussion. I'm curious how everyone feels about the other blemishes that are part of collecting. I've found that it varies by individual. For instance, some loathe staple rust but are ok with sun fading. Anyone want to create a new thread "On Grading" since this is shady buyer discussion?

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:26 pm 

argyrebasin wrote:Great topic for discussion. I'm curious how everyone feels about the other blemishes that are part of collecting. I've found that it varies by individual. For instance, some loathe staple rust but are ok with sun fading. Anyone want to create a new thread "On Grading" since this is shady buyer discussion?

Such a thread would be both informative and disastrous.  I doubt that any consensus could be reached; witness the recent posts on this thread.  But the civil discussion could be interesting.

Flame away.   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 pm 

Be careful with this one.  Abusive, feedback and dsr shakedown artist.  Her feedback left for others speaks for itself.

kathryn_j_brown

20%+ of her last 200 feedbacks left for others indicate claims of problem with sellers.  A bit much...  

She also seems to take great joy in celebrating when people leave feedback for her in advance.  That certainly makes it a bit easier to shake them down without worrying about getting called publicly for it.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:48 am 

Hi chaps, here's one for your block list. Typical zero feedback scenario, I'm just back on ebay after a long break so I thought give the guy a break we were all new ourselves once. Inevitably it all went silent after the auctions ended.

Perp:
savioursibling ([email protected])  (0)

MO:
Likes to strafe auctions with early high bids (probably unbeatable) and then go silent.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 am 

mnw wrote:Hi chaps, here's one for your block list. Typical zero feedback scenario, I'm just back on ebay after a long break so I thought give the guy a break we were all new ourselves once. Inevitably it all went silent after the auctions ended.

Perp:
savioursibling ([email protected])  (0)

MO:
Likes to strafe auctions with early high bids (probably unbeatable) and then go silent.

Do not fail to Post non-paying bidder claims on every listing they won.
IIRC you get your E-Bay funds back, get to Re-List the items and you can block that asshat from your future listings anyway.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:56 am 

Resolved...

Last edited by mnw on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:10 pm 

Resolved...

Last edited by mnw on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 pm 

One more question, do I HAVE TO offer combined shipping or is it at my discretion?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:05 pm 

It is at you're discretion. But what isn't at your discretion is making a profit from postage and packaging. It is subjective, but it is also not permitted in eBay's rules.

So you can charge say $15 to ship something that has a postal mark saying say $8, because when you add the price of the packaging, maybe you can reach a reasonable ball park of $15. And, if you had declared it before hand, you could have charged reasonable costs for time in with your packaging costs.

What you can't to is chathe $50 for shipping three or four modules that have a combines shipping cost of $15. It will likely, if the buyer is clever about how they play their cards, result in a claim of either 'substantially not as described, not received, or damaged in transit, all of which can constitue a full refund to the buyer.

So, just in all honesty, you could push the envelope and charge postage on the high side, but don't milk it or rip anyone off. It is generally immoral to do so, and an experienced buyer who gets stung by a seller will find a way of getting their money back.

eBay is about being fair, and so long as you have a sound moral compass and feel as though you're being fair, you'll be fine, and you'll have happy buyers.

PreviousNext