Shady Buyers
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:04 am 

Badmike wrote:

He's certifiable.

How on earth could he leave something on your "About Me" page????  He doesn't have one himself, I thought for a moment you meant HIS page.  

I just checked his feedback to you, and your feedback to him on that sale, and find nothing unusual.

Mike B.

There's a section on your eBay My World page where you can add the option of allowing visitors to leave a blog style comment.

"A guest book so that visitors to your page can leave comments and notes for you."

Security Measure

I found his comment there while showing someone my site. I then deleted it because there is no sense in leaving undeserved stuff like that around. I removed the option to leave messages shortly after.

Thankfully, for every truly bad customer there are twice the number of good customers.

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:36 pm 

Add this buyer ID from the Netherlands to your blocked bidder/buyer list for feedback extortion. All this over about $13.00 US.

ionanthe

He buys a $5 auction - doesn't pay. I had to file an NPB and a full 9 days after the auction I finally get payment. But it doesn't stop there.

All is well until it gets delivered. Condition isn't a problem. He assumed it would have the map when it clearly wasn't in the auction description.

Buyer demands immediate resolution because it says MAP on back of the scanned picture. :roll: It's obvious he didn't bother reading the description.

Naturally, I offered full refund for the returned item. He says "No, go buy another one and send me the map." I refused, and again told him to return the item and I would refund the item cost + original shipping. Of course, I then get -FB. I highly doubt I'll be seeing any returned package from him in the mail. Real pleasant guy...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 pm 

I don't particularly like the buyer's attitude but I don't see anywhere in your listing where you say that the item is incomplete or that the map is missing.  Did I miss it?  It's always a question of how to grade such a thing - is the item really in "Fine/Near Mint" condition when its not complete?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 pm 

I don't appreciate that buyer's attitude but i really think he is in his right ! Argyrebasin, i have to tell you what some others may really think :

* it is up to the seller to state in its item description a part is missing : many sellers - the first being COUGARRINARD himself :roll: - DO NOT mention missing parts in their item description, hoping to sell them for a better price : this is AT BEST an unfair practice ; it is clearly as if they were "lying" about their description ... 8O

* Please remind the Acaeum grading system describes an incomplete item at best as GOOD condition (as "mostly complete"), never above.

I think you are unforgivable because you belong to the Valuation Board 8O  In case  i have made such a mistake - and in fact i did it once in the past - i would have (depending upon comparison between shipping fees vs. item price) :

* either ask the buyer to send the item back to me, with a full refund INCLUDING HIS RETURNING FEES (as the mistake was from the seller, the buyer has not to support any cost to send it back)
* or an instant full refund and "keep it, sorry ! "
* or to propose a partial refund (as a cost devaluation) based upon the condition difference (calculating formula for grading is also usable in that way, based on the final price of the item)

:arrow: sorry but every time i'm bidding i would assume the item is complete if it is not clearly stated otherwise. If you have other rules, you must state them in your "about me" page, and/or something like "WYSIWYG !!!" in your items descriptions.I really think the norm is to describe what is missing : if you mention nothing, it is as if you try to lure buyers, and if you act like this, one day you would surely find your own eBay ID added in the "shady dealers" topic  :oops:

:arrow: sellers who assume ALL their mistakes are always appreciated by their buyers. And in fact when i made such mistakes in the past, i have fully amended them with a full refund and "keep it also, with all my apologies", each time i got a +FB. And i'm not the sole one who did it : many other sellers here have acted this way : the ones who think their reputation is more important than their money ... :roll:

I know mistakes are the lot of humankind, but every time a seller make mistakes and in case the buyer is feeling f****d somewhere (costing him something, either money or to keep an incomplete item), every time the seller will get -FB.

Sorry, but also from me !  :wink:

This kind of mistakes explains half of Cougie's -FBs in the past ...
By the way, thanks for letting us know you don't mention missing parts in your item descriptions ;)

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:42 pm 

Mars:

Yeah, I'm usually careful about that & list in detail what's included. Missed it apparently - human error and all that. I offered a refund and the guy still said no and demanded compensation in the form of another copy without returning the one he had. Isn't that extortion?

What really got me miffed was having to file a NPB claim. 10 days to pay was real close to ebay refunding my FVF fee & closing the case. I would have preferred he return the book because I knew when I filed the NPB that this was going to be problem. Sure enough, I was right.

Ahh well, my ban list continues to grow.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 pm 

Ya, in the end I think the buyer has a reason to be a bit miffed.  I'm sure most of us have gone through the same thing with buying D&D items.  Buy an item and find out later that the poster map is missing.  In most cases, the seller just doesn't know whether it should or should not be there.  For sellers with more expertise in the field, maybe we expect a bit more.

I do agree that the buyer did not handle it well at all and from the sounds of it was looking for a way to get out the transaction from the beginning.  He should be avoided.

In general though, I don't like the "return for refund" policy and find it a frustrating resolution.  Its a nice thought but if I spent $10 to buy an item find out it is incomplete - its generally not worth the time and effort and money to return it.  The buyer is out shipping costs and the seller is out shipping costs - the Post Office is the one who wins.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 pm 

argyrebasin wrote:I offered a refund and the guy still said no and demanded compensation in the form of another copy without returning the one he had. Isn't that extortion?

In case i had another copy - even a personal copy - i would have sent my personal copy map - ONLY THE MAP - as a proof of good will, even if i have to search for another copy for me.

In fact two years ago i made such a mistake : i auctionned a "B1" module and saw after the sale upon packing it that it was in fact a "I1" module
:? I warned the buyer if he prefers a cancellation, and because his answer was very nervous i told him i will send him MY "B1" module. I was very sad to let it go away, but when i finally thought to be the buyer, i said "let it be ! you will find another one : B1 is common"

argyrebasin wrote:Ahh well, my ban list continues to grow.

This sentence prooves by itself you don't want to assume your mistakes 8O
By the way, "lurker_above" is ONLY my Acaeum ID   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:arrow: i recommend all buyers to add a '-argyrebasin" parameter to all of their eBay searchs.

Is this what you trully want ?

Please assume your mistakes and responsabilities as a seller : you may propose a partial refund to this buyer in exchange for a request for feedback reviewal and i'm sure your -FB will disappear. In case you refuse, you will remain a shady dealer for AT LEAST him ... and everyone who read your feedbacks and also this topic.

Regards.

[edit] the buyer is guilty, but also you are.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm 

Lurker:

I'm not going to spend a lot of time responding to your post because most of your statements were already covered previously. Maybe there's a language gap?

However, I will respond to inflammatory comments like:

lurker_above wrote:I don't appreciate that buyer's attitude but i really think he is in his right ! Argyrebasin, i have to tell you what some others may really think :

True, Cougie does that. I don't. But thanks for the comparison.

* it is up to the seller to state in its item description a part is missing : many sellers - the first being COUGARRINARD himself :roll: - DO NOT mention missing parts in their item description, hoping to sell them for a better price : this is AT BEST an unfair practice ; it is clearly as if they were "lying" about their description ... 8O

Oh please, have you bothered to look at eBay or amazon grading/condition guidelines? Far be it for customers or sellers to use those guidelines instead since that's where the business is transacting. There's nothing wrong with my descriptions. I stand by them and fix them when I'm wrong. Case in point, you missed the part about offering a full refund too.

* Please remind the Acaeum grading system describes an incomplete item at best as GOOD condition (as "mostly complete"), never above.

Again, thanks for the derogatory comments. Back at ya! I'm not fishing for complaints or criticism. I posted about a bad buyer experience. Take it or leave it.

I think you are unforgivable because you belong to the Valuation Board 8O  In case  i have made such a mistake - and in fact i did it once in the past - i would have (depending upon comparison between shipping fees vs. item price) :

Ok, I just said I offered a refund per the ebay rules and the guy said "No, go buy another for me." Unacceptable - AND my return policy is clearly stated on each listing. The guy wasn't paying attention and obviously neither are you. Again.

* either ask the buyer to send the item back to me, with a full refund INCLUDING HIS RETURNING FEES (as the mistake was from the seller, the buyer has not to support any cost to send it back)
* or an instant full refund and "keep it, sorry ! "
* or to propose a partial refund (as a cost devaluation) based upon the condition difference (calculating formula for grading is also usable in that way, based on the final price of the item)

As I just said in my last post, details are important and I go to great length about what is or is not included. The questions button and ask a seller link are there for a reason. Humans make mistakes. Ask BEFORE you bid or don't bid. Simple. Shady dealers? I think your post belongs in the shady buyers and forum lurkers section.

:arrow: sorry but every time i'm bidding i would assume the item is complete if it is not clearly stated otherwise. If you have other rules, you must state them in your "about me" page, and/or something like "WYSIWYG !!!" in your items descriptions.I really think the norm is to describe what is missing : if you mention nothing, it is as if you try to lure buyers, and if you act like this, one day you would surely find your own eBay ID added in the "shady dealers" topic  :oops:

I don't condone, respect, or want the business of anyone that tries to coerce me in an attempt to get more than a full refund of the cost of the sale & shipping.

:arrow: sellers who assume ALL their mistakes are always appreciated by their buyers. And in fact when i made such mistakes in the past, i have fully amended them with a full refund and "keep it also, with all my apologies", each time i got a +FB. And i'm not the sole one who did it : many other sellers here have acted this way : the ones who think their reputation is more important than their money ... :roll:

I know mistakes are the lot of humankind, but every time a seller make mistakes and in case the buyer is feeling f****d somewhere (costing him something, either money or to keep an incomplete item), every time the seller will get -FB.

What's your ebay ID? I don't want to sell to you either.

Quit hiding behind an anonymous tag and tell us your seller ID. As long as you are being offensive, we might as well know who you really are. Fair is fair and you are a coward.

Sorry, but also from me !  :wink:

Really? If that's what you think then by all means keep thinking that way. It doesn't rank a response.
This kind of mistakes explains half of Cougie's -FBs in the past ...
By the way, thanks for letting us know you don't mention missing parts in your item descriptions ;)

Lastly, no one cares about your selling policies. This isn't the "Hey, this is my store and this is what I do" thread. This is about shady buyers.. the guy was shady. I filed an NPB and almost didn't get paid. He contacted me about an error. Fine, no problem there. He tried extortion to get his way after being offered a refund. THAT is a problem. And for reporting him, I had to suffer through your snide remarks. Thanks but no thanks LURKER.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:36 pm 

Mars:

Yep, I agree. I would have actually gone the extra mile and bought another copy just to send him the map. It's good business and plain common sense. I've done it before because lord knows I've messed up a few times. Everyone does. My problem is that he was sketchy from the start. I didn't hear anything from him during the whole process. I sent a few messages asking if he needed more time before I had to file the NPB. Nothing.. not a word from the guy. Nothing after he paid for the item either. Nothing until he received it. Looked to me like he was miffed I had to file the NPB in the first place but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Mars wrote:Ya, in the end I think the buyer has a reason to be a bit miffed.  I'm sure most of us have gone through the same thing with buying D&D items.  Buy an item and find out later that the poster map is missing.  In most cases, the seller just doesn't know whether it should or should not be there.  For sellers with more expertise in the field, maybe we expect a bit more.

I do agree that the buyer did not handle it well at all and from the sounds of it was looking for a way to get out the transaction from the beginning.  He should be avoided.

In general though, I don't like the "return for refund" policy and find it a frustrating resolution.  Its a nice thought but if I spent $10 to buy an item find out it is incomplete - its generally not worth the time and effort and money to return it.  The buyer is out shipping costs and the seller is out shipping costs - the Post Office is the one who wins.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 pm 

Lurker:

Quit pontificating. Go post in the appropriate thread if you want to talk about how you handle merch returns or your "biz".

lurker_above wrote:
This sentence prooves by itself you don't want to assume your mistakes 8O
By the way, "lurker_above" is ONLY my Acaeum ID   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:arrow: i recommend all buyers to add a '-argyrebasin" parameter to all of their eBay searchs.

Is this what you trully want ?

Please assume your mistakes and responsabilities as a seller : you may propose a partial refund to this buyer in exchange for a request for feedback reviewal and i'm sure your -FB will disappear. In case you refuse, you will remain a shady dealer for AT LEAST him ... and everyone who read your feedbacks and also this topic.

Regards.

[edit] the buyer is guilty, but also you are.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 am 

lurker_above wrote:i recommend all buyers to add a '-argyrebasin" parameter to all of their eBay searchs.

This statement is absolutely ridiculous.  I agree the seller should have disclosed that the map wasnt present.  Perhaps it was an oversight on arg's part.  Or it may be that this is just the way arg has always sold merchandise and never had a problem with it until now.  I dont pretend to know his mind.  Regardless, one negative doesnt a shady seller make.

And I also have to agree that the buyer asking for what he deemed an appropriate resolution is beyond moronic.  If I bought a wargame that stated all counters were included and one was missing, I'm not about to tell the seller to buy another one and replace the missing piece.  I'll either request a refund and send the thing back or keep it and get a partial refund.  Not my mistake obviously...its the seller's.  But asking an Ebay seller to do something outrageous to make me happy is asinine.

lurker_above wrote:i have fully amended them with a full refund and "keep it also, with all my apologies", each time i got a +FB. And i'm not the sole one who did it : many other sellers here have acted this way : the ones who think their reputation is more important than their money

This is a good practice but it all depends on a couple of things in my opinion.  The price of the item for one.  Five or ten bucks...sure thing.  Let the buyer keep the thing and refund the money.  Do that with higher priced items and you open yourself up to serious problems when the buyer starts telling his buddies to buy stuff from you and then complain even when there is nothing wrong just to get stuff for free.

Another thing is attitude.  If I have a problem with something I bought and the seller has an attitude, you can be certain that no matter what, the seller is not going to receive positive feedback.  The same can be applied to a buyer.  If a buyer's is a complete jerk or their request is unreasonable, then they shouldn't be surprised when the seller won't bend over backwards for them.

lurker_above wrote:I think you are unforgivable because you belong to the Valuation Board

The Judges Guild Valuation Board.  Why does that have anything to do with the context of this issue?  Do you have some sort of personal problem with the seller and just feel it necessary to hash it out here?  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:13 pm 

Well, this has certainly been interesting. As an update, I'm settling with the buyer this evening. I hope all goes well. Thankfully there aren't too many of these. 99% of the people in this hobby are top notch.

Don't let the trolls bother you.. just light em on fire. A flaming sword +2 does wonders. "Right Boo?" *squeak*

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The Judges Guild Valuation Board.  Why does that have anything to do with the context of this issue?  Do you have some sort of personal problem with the seller and just feel it necessary to hash it out here?  :?

As a Valuation board, this chap had to grade his stuff correctly : an incomplete item CANNOT be above good condition. Telling it to be FINE is either simply telling lies or being stupid enough not checking item completness before selling it or wanting to "coug" buyers. Choose one ... :roll:

Kingofpain89 wrote:This is a good practice but it all depends on a couple of things in my opinion.  The price of the item for one.  Five or ten bucks...sure thing.  Let the buyer keep the thing and refund the money.  Do that with higher priced items and you open yourself up to serious problems when the buyer starts telling his buddies to buy stuff from you and then complain even when there is nothing wrong just to get stuff for free.

Irrelevant, as you forgot i stated it CLEARLY :
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 am
lurker_above wrote:i would have (depending upon comparison between shipping fees vs. item price) :

argyrebasin wrote:Lurker:
Quit pontificating. Go post in the appropriate thread if you want to talk about how you handle merch returns or your "biz".

Why not asking that buyer to come here to tell all the story from his viewpoint ? It may be different ... It's to easy to write something in a forum when you received a -FB if the buyer is unable to defend his viewpoint ...

argyrebasin wrote:As long as you are being offensive, we might as well know who you really are. Fair is fair and you are a coward.

I prefer to be a coward instead of a stupid seller who describe an item without checking its completness before.

argyrebasin wrote:What's your ebay ID? I don't want to sell to you either.
Quit hiding behind an anonymous tag and tell us your seller ID.

Well tried ! :lol:
But i don't want to be blacklisted from all of you ;)
Don't panic, as i will never buy from you : it sucks ...  :?

And as i have a seller ID and a buyer ID, telling you my seller ID will not help you so much to blacklist me ;)

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 pm 

Troll Troll Troll.. begone foul retch lest the stink from your nether regions permeate our thread.  PDT_Armataz_01_33

[EDIT]
Happened to find this on another thread. Way to preach Lurker when, in fact, you're screwing your customers more thoroughly than anyone! You sir, are not worth my time. Good day.

lurker_above
Active Collector
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 pm        

Here in France i have a good advantage concerning national deals : as i am a Postal Main Officer i have sweared to always tell the truth and in the past each time i sent a copy of my Postal Main officer badge to Paypal they always have taken their decision in my favor, even when i provide no tracking # to my buyers; it is the same for a friend who is a policeman.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:15 pm 

lurker_above wrote:Don't panic, as i will never buy from you : it sucks ...  :?

And as i have a seller ID and a buyer ID, telling you my seller ID will not help you so much to blacklist me ;)

Well that makes it obvious enough.....guydrin_avalon.

lurker_above wrote:As a Valuation board, this chap had to grade his stuff correctly : an incomplete item CANNOT be above good condition.

Bullshit.  Everyone has differing opinions about what constitutes near mint, good, fine, what have you.  I dont know a single seller that would give an item a grade of less than good on an item just because a map was missing.  If the item is in near mint condition without the map it is still in near mint condition....its just incomplete.  My opinion and I'm sure you and others will disagree.

lurker_above wrote:Irrelevant, as you forgot i stated it CLEARLY

If you say so.  :roll:

lurker_above wrote:Why not asking that buyer to come here to tell all the story from his viewpoint ? It may be different ... It's to easy to write something in a forum when you received a -FB if the buyer is unable to defend his viewpoint ...

Go right ahead and ask.  Seems his transaction wasnt as bad as you made it out to be since he revised his feedback to positive.

lurker_above wrote:Here in France i have a good advantage concerning national deals : as i am a Postal Main Officer i have sweared to always tell the truth

Postal Main Officer?  I thought you were a "computer scientist"?  From the Introduce Yourself thread:

lurker_above wrote:Hi,

I'm a computer scientist

Swearing to tell the truth and actually doing it are significantly different.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm 

That's the standard deviation, so quit being mean.

Wow, that was random. Or, predicted.

Damn now its gone into math jokes... yeah, thread crapped and Charmined.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:28 am 

Looks like the lurkers intolerance and temperament has finally exposed his true identity, huh, Guy?

If it wasn't for those pesky kids...   :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Swearing to tell the truth and actually doing it are significantly different.  :roll:

Kingofpain89, you're a pathetic idiot : i'm a computer scientist from my studies in Dijon, but my job is as a french postal service officer at Lyon. There is no special studies at the university to work for COLIPOSTE but as freight services here in France are automatized they need a computer scientist : i'm neither a guy who stamps letters nor a guy who sort packets. I'm piloting (verifying full functionnality of) automatized sorting machines, verifying all prehensive robots are taking great care of packages, and giving orders to workers when packets are damaged during shipment to repair them when they are bent/crushed, and will arrange special delivery for them.
You may find many workers in the world who made studies and whose work is very different. In case you think otherwise, you're wrong.

Yes, my main eBay ID is guydrin_avalon. But the sole screw here is dwarf (eBay ID adjdr) :

* his feedback details are now confidential because he recently left a -FB to a US seller pretending he hasn't received his package and the seller replied telling he has proofs he received it, and the fact his feedback score is no hidden prooves he attenpted to screw that seller 8O Check google cache !

* he made auction interference between "mystic_fairy" and i in June, hoping to receive my won items : unfair practice ! check mystic-fairy feedbacks and you will see in June adjdr bought items at the same time as me.  

* i recently won two items and as he was the second best bidder adjdr tried auction interference again, contacting the seller to say "don't send items to him !!!" ==)> and still no news from the seller ! He's the bad guy here, not me !

* adjdr tried to get a free "TSR-1" from the seller and a full refund from mondiversi : another unfair practice from him !

==)> who is really the sole screw, here ? adjdr, not i. And i can proove it !

argyrebasin,

argyrebasin wrote:Happened to find this on another thread. Way to preach Lurker when, in fact, you're screwing your customers more thoroughly than anyone! You sir, are not worth my time. Good day.

You are a liar : check my feedbacks received, idiot ! 100% satisfaction as a seller.
I'm not the one who sent an item without its map :roll: : it is easy to state others are screws when you are a cougster :lol:
If a really was a screw, i would have received as many -FBs as jonb. Anyone can tell on a forum that someone is a screw, but you will have to proove it. I have proofs concerning "dwarf" to be a screw : "mystic-fairy" told it to me in July. It is easy to lie as you do here - pretending someone is a screw - without bringing proofs. But i, i have proofs adjdr is AT LEAST guilty of auction interference. And my feedbacks as a seller proove i'm 100% honest. Think what you want, con artist !

Good to see you finally got +FB instead of -FB ; check my feedbacks as a seller, as it prooves i always got 100% +FB from my buyers (the sole one who was changed was a neutral from "alahel" because of one pencil mark inside and he got refund) ; and check also my DSR. As i said, i don't want to buy items from you :arrow: as a buyer i'm now accepting signed for services only, for mutual satisfaction and shipment guarantee (thanks to dwarf the screw artist for that ;) )

In case you have other questions, you can contact me in private or through eBay. As i told you, you made a mistake as a seller and you had to bear the cost.

Simply buy an item from me and you will understand when you will receive it that i'm an honest seller and why i usually receive 20 stars per sale with a +FB.

Foul foot,

I'm not here to ruin other reputations, but i have to defend my honor from such lies. I hope you will understand it is very easy to blame buyers, but it would also be easy to invite them here to defend their view points versus (maybe) lies or abusive messages.
It would be futile to ban me again because as a computer scientist i can set a new IP address and a new MAC address when i want to (i only have to unplug and plug again my modem to obtain them :lol: ), and the sole fact i'm here prooves it. But do as you want ;)

Cheers,
your "semi-troll"  :lol:

PreviousNext