Shady Buyers
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Mike,
 Coniently, Greyhawk-fan is a valid user ID on Eby.  It's registered to a bidder in Florida, who surprisinlgy enough was registered brand new on February 8th, which is surpsrisingly enough just 3/4 days after Mr. Monty Hall was officially outed on here:

viewtopic.php?t=6577&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

And just  hours before(if even that long) he decided to post here to "defend" himself.  :roll:

I guess Nick's never really forgiven us for outing him and shutting him down last time. (had to shut down his myspace page also, if I remember).

Nick, get on with your life.  You're pathetic.  Brian (scubabri, not Bclarkie) I'd advise you to do the same thing. Learn not to leave negs when your items arrive in 10 days instead of three. I got my money back so I've really washed my hands of you anyway.

Nick, you're back on our radar. That really wasn't a very smart move, dude...... :twisted:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Mike,
 Conviently, "Greyhawk-fan" is a valid user ID on Eby.  It's registered to a bidder in Florida, who surprisinlgy enough was registered brand new on February 8th, which is just 3 to 4 days after Mr. Monty Hall was officially outed on here:

viewtopic.php?t=6577&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

And was registered just hours before he decided to post here to "defend" himself.  :roll:  Needless to say "mr-monte-hall" has had no buying activity since his flame out here:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... =25&sort=3

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Surely, just like the disappearance of the Myspace page within hours after I posted it here, this is all just purely coincidental.

BTW, Ebay user Greyhawk-fan just turned his feedback private about five minutes ago. Bravo, BC, looks like you smoked him out again!

It goes without saying you should now block ID Greyhawk-fan  (formerly known as vecnapoop, killallmiddlemen, and mrmontehall).  His MO is to buy from known ebay resellers/retailers, leave negs, and never pay....all the while ranting how the "middlemen" have destroyed the collecting/hobby business. He's also certifiable (aren't they all?)

He was chased off ebay after being caught and identified by Bclarkie earlier this year...before that he had proven elusive, but he finally screwed up.  Looks like he did again by leaving his sig in the note to scubabri.

Time to change the ID AGAIN, Nick.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:29 pm 

Wow!  Who knew that eBay has such ongoing drama going on like this?  lol   :lol:   They should make a soap opera out of this.  ^_^

~Kat  ^_^

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 am 

Speaking of stupid ebay names I saw this question in an auction:

Q: Would you be willing to take payments?

This was the sellers reply:

A:         Taking payment installments from a handle "bob is a pimp" sounds too risky. Lots of interest in my Abio, so do your research and make a decision. Best of luck.

Classic!  :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:48 am 

Katchoo wrote:Wow!  Who knew that eBay has such ongoing drama going on like this?  lol   :lol:   They should make a soap opera out of this.  ^_^

~Kat  ^_^

Nick aka greyhawk-fan, vecnapoop, Kill-all-middlemen, mr-monte-hall, etc is a special case, because he's a closet case...as well as a bonafide nut.  He spent years hiding behind various names, buying stuff from Ebay resellers, not paying and leaving negs, often sending emails ranting about the effects of "middle men" on driving prices up (inevitably, items he himself was bidding on of course).

Now he's made another mistake....

Anyway, just a warning out there, apparantly Nick lurks here and reads the pages and probably is contacting a lot of the people we put on the "Shady Buyers" list.  This goes beyond being an asshole in to actual psychosis at this point.  So just be careful all resellers (or sellers period) as Nick obviously reads everything here and acts accordingly.  Since the id of greyhawk-fan has been compromised, he'll start a new one up.   I'd block greyhawk-fan immediately.  Also anyone that has the contact info for Greyhawk-fan (you've sold to him this year and have his address through paypal) I'd appreciate if you contact me as I would like to compare it to Nick's old address...if it's different I'll happily say I was wrong.  

Mike bg.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And as far as posting "personal information", your name doesnt constitute crap.

Especially considering it doesn't appear to be his name.  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 am 

AIA or kingofprimiera on Ebay:

Seriously.  Absolute freaking nightmare.

I had problems with him in the past in private dealings on here as there always seems to be a "problem" with him when he buys stuff.  Going against my own usually good insticts after blocking him once already, I unblocked him and now more then ever I am regretting it, BIG TIME.  He recently bought some things off me from Ebay about a month ago. Then because I didn't lie on the customs forms like he apparently expected me to, he dings me with 5 neutrals as he wanted "compensated" because he had to pay for customs. Like somehow it was my fault.  I am so f**king pissed off right now, I can't even believe it.

Do yourselfs a favor and block him now or else end up stuck like me. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:AIA or kingofprimera on Ebay

I had problems with him in the past in private dealings on here as there always seems to be a "problem" with him when he buys stuff.  Going against my own usually good insticts after blocking him once already, I unblocked him and now more then ever I am regretting it, BIG TIME.  He recently bought some things off me from Ebay about a month ago. Then because I didn't lie on the customs forms like he apparently expected me to, he dings me with 5 neutrals as he wanted "compensated" because he had to pay for customs. Like somehow it was my fault.  I am so f**king pissed off right now, I can't even believe it.

Harsh post Brian.
I for one won't be blocking Axel any time soon, but you must do what you feel is right.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:22 am 

gyg wrote:
Harsh post Brian.
I for one won't be blocking Axel any time soon, but you must do what you feel is right.

Bullshit. Don't block him, thats your own risk. Don't say that you weren't warned.

Explain to me though why the hell I have to get 5 neutrals just because Axel had to pay customs?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am 

I've had nothing but good transactions with Axel. Very nice chap.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:I've had nothing but good transactions with Axel. Very nice chap.

Yes, quality, quality fellow. Here is the email correspondance between us, in case anyone is actually doubting that I got 5 neutrals for not lying on the customs forms.  The last email is at the top and the first email I recieved from Axel is last:

Axel,
 I am not sure what you are referring to in any of this at all.

First off, if I would have shipped the items separately, it would have
doubled the shipping costs from $14.50 to $28.00, which is ~$3 more than the
roughly $10.50 you paid in taxes.

Secondly, I am not sure how I broke the law at all, as you seem to be
indicating that I did, perhaps you could be more clear on that.

Thirdly, again I apologize for the fact that you had to pay a tax to receive
the items, however 1) I never saw your request for me to do so(at which
point I would have addressed it if I had noticed it, 2) I followed what I am
actually legally obligated to do 3)

Lastly, what exactly would you like me to do because of this?

Brian

----- Original Message -----
To: "bxxxxxxxxxxx" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: arduin stuff

Hi Brian, I can get your point but I do not
understand why you are only now writing me your
concern about that... if you were not open to fulfill
my request, you could have written what you say now
when I reaised you the point... i would have changed
the shipping for sure (it was sufficient to split the
envelope into 2)...  really dont understand why you
didnt mention that to me.
One last though: at the end of the day you did
break the law... you could have had the same
problems as if you were declaring 30 bucks instead
of 55...
Honestly i expected that you offered me smtg to
make me happy out of the transaction: it seems it is
not the case, that's ok anyway.
ciao
axel

---------- Messaggio Originale -----------

Da :      "B C" <[email protected]>

A :       "a.b." <[email protected]>

Cc :
Data :    Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:59:47 -0400
Oggetto : Re: arduin stuff

Hi Axel,
 I am sorry to hear about your issues with the
Italian customs service and
if I incorrectly added the total value for the items
included, although
considering the total for the 4 items was $55.61 and
you claim that I wrote,
$60 that's a difference of less than $5.

With that said, let make it clear that IT IS ILLEGAL
for me to lie on
customs forms in my country and I am not in the
habit of breaking a federal
law whenever I feel like it, "just because". I
apologize that it caused a
delay in you receiving your items, but again, I can
get into some serious
problems for breaking a federal law if I were to be
caught.  With that in
mind, I am not really sure what you are looking for
from me. If you want to
return the books, then fine return them, I will
reimburse you for the full
cost of the transaction including your own shipping
costs.  Outside of that
I haven't a clue as to what you would have me do.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
To: "B C" <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 8:29 AM
Subject: arduin stuff

Hey Brian, today i got the lot i won on your last
round of auctions... i am happy for it seems ok (a
part for a really odd monster page printed o a
completely different kind of paper: i have to check
that at TOT) but there's a problem...

despite i asked you to keep a lower amount in the
duty custom form, you stated in there a higher
value!!! (the total amount was 55 and you declared
60)

so, this led firstly to a delay in the delivery (it took
more than one month and in the meanwhile i
received other flat-rate envelopes sent out later than
your), secondly to an annoying trip to get it to the
office where i was stored (it is not delivered to home
like the ordinary mail) and thridly to an extra postal
fee of 7 euro...

i can understand that it would be stupid complain
with you if i didnt warn you... but i did it...

what should we do now?
tnx in advance and cheers
axel

To note, notice the attitude I got in the first email and secondly, notice how I offered him a FULL REFUND if he wasn't happy.  He never responded to that.  He simply wanted "compenstated" because he had to pay his customs tax.  Looking at his past feedback, this isn't the first time he has done it either.  In case anyone has any further doubts, I will happily forward the email(s) on.

Axel f**ked me, twice now I am sure. Deal with him at your own peril.

Last edited by bclarkie on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:AIA or kingofprimiera on Ebay:

Brian this is a confirmation that you have some problems not with me only: this is the first and last time i will reply on this topic so it is not relevant your reply and i invite you not to reply anymore on this matter (or you will confirm to everybody that the problem is not me).

The first time you blocked me is due to an out-of-ebay deal where you sold me a Little Soldier booklet different from the picture you sent me before the agreement. Useless to say, the real item was far worse than the one in the picture.

This second time are you pissed by what? Pls dont tell me for the neutral FB for they didnt wasted your rating or credibility...

I am not amazed by what you replied on my feedback: "Horrible buyer! Wanted me to lie on customs forms and got mad when I refused." Thanks, very polite. Do you really think i got mad? Did i offended you somehow? (no reply is needed from you, it is NO).

Let's put in that way: i am not annoyed by paying duty custom... i am annoyed by:

1) the additional time i had to wait

2) the fact that you didnt tell ma anything BEFORE and only after you wrote me that you do not want to be an outlaw, you should have known the italian problem of duty custom from this board, or at least from my request BEFORE you shipped the stuff out

3) at the end of the day you did break the law indeed: if you havent understood it, well the total paid was 55 bucks and you wrote on my form 60... uh-uhhh, you broke the federal law by declaring a false amount...

To make it short, i have the feeling that you are trying to climb over mirrors (typical italian way to say that you had no excuses other than what you wrote me): i really dont care, i tried to be transparent both in our PRIVATE communication (ah, BTW you broke even the italian law: you cannot post private mailing without any previous agreement) and in the FB which is true.

I really dont get what you are aiming: do you want to give me a bad name here? (again no reply is need, for it is YES! thanks)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:00 pm 

aia wrote:Brian this is a confirmation that you have some problems not with me only: this is the first and last time i will reply on this topic so it is not relevant your reply and i invite you not to reply anymore on this matter (or you will confirm to everybody that the problem is not me).

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I see, so if I respond to your ridiculous retort, then the problem is "me".  We should just ignore the facts of the situation that you left me poor feedback because I refused to "compensate" you for following the laws of the US. Gotcha.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The emails are all there for everyone to see what really happened.
aia wrote:The first time you blocked me is due to an out-of-ebay deal where you sold me a Little Soldier booklet different from the picture you sent me before the agreement. Useless to say, the real item was far worse than the one in the picture.

Liar. Plain and simple. I had two Little Soldier "Book of Demons" for sale.  I sent you pictures and descriptions of both of them, as well as several other items that I had for sale privately at the time.  You decided that you wanted the cheaper of the two books, even after I asked you if you were sure BECAUSE of the pictures that I had sent you and the descriptions that I gave. Then, a full 6 weeks later after the sale was completed(somehwere around 4 weeks after the shipment of items had arrived), only after someone else came on here selling another one which was likely cheaper did you then contact me wanting to return it. Despite my own misgivings about the whole deal though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt anyways and I FULLY REFUNDED YOU including your own shipping costs back to me here in the US. Yet another deal with you were I lost money.  For reference, here is the seller of the others ones post that I am referring to:

viewtopic.php?t=5689&highlight=book+demons

aia wrote:This second time are you pissed by what? Pls dont tell me for the neutral FB for they didnt wasted your rating or credibility...

Yes, quite plainly you gave me neutral feedback for no reason as I have nothing to do with your countries laws or postal service.  It is not my problem I filled out the customs information the way I was legally supposed to and you had to pay the tax and pick up the package. If you don't like having to deal with your countries customs, then don't buy outside of your country, it's really that freaking simple.  It is not my fault that you do not like your countries taxes or how they work their postal system, but if you have a problem with them, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM, not me or anyone else.

aia wrote:I am not amazed by what you replied on my feedback: "Horrible buyer! Wanted me to lie on customs forms and got mad when I refused." Thanks, very polite. Do you really think i got mad? Did i offended you somehow? (no reply is needed from you, it is NO).

I don't care if I offended you or not, I couldn't really care less.  It is my responsibilty to warn other potential sellers about a problem buyer, which you quite clearly are.  If you do not want to do the time, then don't do the crime.

Again, as evidenced by your previous feedback, this also isn't the first time you have pulled this crap either and I am quite certain that it won't be the last.  I even gave you postive feedback for the transactions well over a month ago and this is how I get repaid for you being "inconvienced" by your own countries laws and postal system.  The Ebay feedback system is a bigger joke now than it ever was, however the follow-up feedback part at least allows for well, follow up.

aia wrote:Let's put in that way: i am not annoyed by paying duty custom... i am annoyed by:

1) the additional time i had to wait

2) the fact that you didnt tell ma anything BEFORE and only after you wrote me that you do not want to be an outlaw, you should have known the italian problem of duty custom from this board, or at least from my request BEFORE you shipped the stuff out

Again, as noted in my original email to you, beyond the fact that I did not see your original request to so, it really doesn't matter. The law requires that I state truthfully what's in the envelope and its value and thus I did. Your problems arrose from your countries laws and postal system.  Neither have anything to do with me even one iota.

aia wrote:3) at the end of the day you did break the law indeed: if you havent understood it, well the total paid was 55 bucks and you wrote on my form 60... uh-uhhh, you broke the federal law by declaring a false amount...

Good grief.  I have seen people ridiculously grasp for straws, but this may take the cake. Aside from the fact the law states that UNDERREPORTING is against the law, not overreporting, again we are talking about $4.50 here, not exactly a monumental sum and obviously a simple mistake at worst. Which as noted above in my reply email to you it was a mistake and I appologized for it.

aia wrote:To make it short, i have the feeling that you are trying to climb over mirrors (typical italian way to say that you had no excuses other than what you wrote me):

Excuses?  Seriously?  You screwed me over and I am the one making excuses?  :lol:

aia wrote:i really dont care, i tried to be transparent both in our PRIVATE communication (ah, BTW you broke even the italian law: you cannot post private mailing without any previous agreement) and in the FB which is true.

Huh?!?!? Did you or did you not buy something from me from Ebay? Are you saying that your five purchases and payment for these items are not enough "authorization" for someone to be able to mail you something?  Christ, you are running out of straws to grasp for now.  On top of that, the reason our "private" conversation became public is because you decided to take it public by leaving me unwarranted neutral feedback on Ebay.
aia wrote:I really dont get what you are aiming: do you want to give me a bad name here? (again no reply is need, for it is YES! thanks)

No reply needed again?  :lol: To answer your question, my intent is quite clear.  You are clearly a "shady buyer" which is what this threads intent is to report. Because you are a member of this site though, it does not absolve you of anything.   As I noted to Carl above, people can deal with you you if they want, I have absolutely no control over that. That said, based on my experiences with you, I cannot recommend selling to you and I suggest that people who do deal with you, do so at thier own peril. People can make up their own minds based on the evidence as it is presented.  

In the end, I really have no one to blame but myself for going against my own insticts, and as the old saying goes, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".  I can promise you though Axel, I won't make the same mistake three times.

BTW, why was it again that if you were so unhappy that you didn't return everything for a full refund including your shipping costs?  You seemed to skip that in your reply.  Also, you seem to have negelected to mention exactly what it was I was supposed to do, to make it right in your mind.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:08 am 

I sold quite a few MacFarlane Dragons, among other things,  several weeks ago. I had successful transactions on 39 of my 40 auctions.

momof4greatkids won one dragon.  However, they refused to pay for it.  I was told they had expected to win more so they could combine shipping but since they did not win any others, they didn't want to pay for this one.

After trying to work it out with them, I finally gave up and filed a NPB.  Of course I received the negative feedback with false info and had to leave positive feedback in all caps as a warning.

Why ebay took away neg FB for sellers I'll never know but I have been burnt and may not sell on ebay again.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you can void this seller.  If you would like to see her emails, I'll be more than happy to forward them to you.  

Here is an example of one of her emails:

The ones that you relisted (I saw the series 7 and 8 sets) I already have.  Will you be listing any more?  If not, would you mind if I didn't buy the one I did win, because I end up paying $20 for only one dragon.  I won the limited edition eternal clan dragon.  If you want me to buy it, I will, I was just hoping to avoid buying single dragons at a time because then I end up paying monstrous shipping charges.  I'm sorry for all the trouble, but I really did think I was going to win some of the other ones until the final seconds of the auctions. Josie

Of course she refused to pay for it. By the way, my shipping was only $8 for the dragon since it is in clam shell, sent via priority mail, with delivery conf. and insurance.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:22 am 

coastiemike8 wrote:After trying to work it out with them, I finally gave up and filed a NPB.  Of course I received the negative feedback with false info and had to leave positive feedback in all caps as a warning.

Why ebay took away neg FB for sellers I'll never know but I have been burnt and may not sell on ebay again.

I think Ebay will remove the neg FB after the NPB investigation. It sucks that you have to wait that long, though.

Mike

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:45 am 

Also did you see if the second place winner of the auction still wanted it..that way you can still sell it without having to relist it.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 pm 

Yeah.. scubabri420 is a nut.

He bought a few items and left the following comments with positive feedback:
Fast shipping , great items, thanks  

I left +fb as well and I thought all was fine. Well, I looked at my about me page on ebay he left the following comment:
"Stay away from this seller at all costs"

Good to see that there will always be crazy people buying on eBay. Too bad eBay won't put restrictions on the accounts. 1 buyer.. 1 account. You screw it up and you're history bub. Oh well.

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:54 am 

argyrebasin wrote:Yeah.. scubabri420 is a nut.

He bought a few items and left the following comments with positive feedback:
Fast shipping , great items, thanks  

I left +fb as well and I thought all was fine. Well, I looked at my about me page on ebay he left the following comment:
"Stay away from this seller at all costs"

Good to see that there will always be crazy people buying on eBay. Too bad eBay won't put restrictions on the accounts. 1 buyer.. 1 account. You screw it up and you're history bub. Oh well.

He's certifiable.

How on earth could he leave something on your "About Me" page????  He doesn't have one himself, I thought for a moment you meant HIS page.  

I just checked his feedback to you, and your feedback to him on that sale, and find nothing unusual.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext