Rhea sells out
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:49 am 

burntwire wrote:Haven't seen any auctions from Rhea for some time. Anyone know if he sold the rest to a single buyer? My bro and I are thinking about selling out and buying an island near Thailand and kicking back. 8O

-Devon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 27496&rd=1

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:27 pm 

burntwire wrote:We won't be bidding as we are probably going to sell our collection.

Good luck to those who are bidding.

Ya know, bernie, everytime I consider selling off my comic collection,  I think, "why bother? I would only start collecting again someday and have to buy everything all over."

I figure, either I raise a child who takes an interest in all my "geek" hobbies, or I sell it off when I retire and buy an RV. . . or maybe just travel across Europe one more time (this time without the backpacks!)"    :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:11 am 

We have a large comic collection to sell also. Most of them from the early 80s to present.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:12 am 

burntwire wrote:We have a large comic collection to sell also. Most of them from the early 80s to present.

I have a collection of 15,000 comics I really need to sell.  My wife weeps with joy everytime I think about doing so.  I weep with pain when I think about all the bagging, pricing, cataloging and listing I would have to go through.  More likely some lucky relative will win the lotto of comics and games when I kick off someday.  Then it's their problem, right?

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:16 pm 

I've been wanting to seriously pare down my comic collection too, and have given serious thought to just trying to sell the really "primo" stuff and then donating the rest to Goodwill for a tax deduction!

Previous