Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 55 of 111123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:55 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey J that looks like 1 cool item man!

tell me more! i have never heard of it...

Al

One shot adventure released by a company called Delf in 1982, only about 12 pages but this one is shrinkwrapped so I can't tell for sure.  Advertises another adventure coming soon but never happened (obtained info from Afterglows).  I think the guy has another copy, I could probably get it for someone if they want it.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:10 pm 

I'm the guy who wrote the Afterglow blurb.  I had two, and sold the other one on frp.marketplace back in the day.... can't remember for how much but not that high.  My copy is still shrinked so I can't relate much more about it.  The other advertised item on the module was never released according to someone who contacted the original author back in the late 90's.  It's a pretty tough item to come by but who knows how much it would go for these days on eBay....

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:17 pm 

Back during the late spring early summer I remember following one up on ebay. I stopped bidding at about $15 and I'm pretty sure it didn't top $30 n' change. It wasn't in shrink of course.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:21 pm 

Yeah. They go for about $30 and crop up maybe once or twice a year.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:41 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:BC strikes again...at least we had a chance on this one..it lasted nearly 45 mins!

D&D Book Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

killjoy32 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:
I was staring at this last night, but didn't see anything particularly alluring. What did I miss?

for collecting, prb not much, but to resell you could prb do quite well with that imo. especially BC the supremo :)

Al

Heh, heh. I actually sat on that for a good 5 or 10 minutes deciding whether or not I wanted the hassle of buying, breaking it up and selling it again.  I did finally decide what the hell and went for it. :)   Now I just have to hope that it doesn't end up as a sellers nemesis, "A Garbage Lot" :evil:  I figure either way I should be able to at least make my money back even if it is. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:46 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

Al

One shot adventure released by a company called Delf in 1982, only about 12 pages but this one is shrinkwrapped so I can't tell for sure. Advertises another adventure coming soon but never happened (obtained info from Afterglows). I think the guy has another copy, I could probably get it for someone if they want it.

J

I might be interested if you can get it J. :)  Maybe we can work out a trade. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
One shot adventure released by a company called Delf in 1982, only about 12 pages but this one is shrinkwrapped so I can't tell for sure. Advertises another adventure coming soon but never happened (obtained info from Afterglows). I think the guy has another copy, I could probably get it for someone if they want it.

J

I might be interested if you can get it J. :) Maybe we can work out a trade. :wink:

I will E-mail the guy right now :D

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:56 pm 

I have Lair of the Medusa (16-page book with inside of front cover having a map, and inside back cover being a continuation of text for the module). Not sure how much I won it for but it was some time ago.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:18 am 

Blackmoor wrote:

Al

J

ooh i would love one of them! kinda thing i like really :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:16 am 

bclarkie wrote:Heh, heh. I actually sat on that for a good 5 or 10 minutes deciding whether or not I wanted the hassle of buying, breaking it up and selling it again. I did finally decide what the hell and went for it. :) Now I just have to hope that it doesn't end up as a sellers nemesis, "A Garbage Lot" :evil: I figure either way I should be able to at least make my money back even if it is. :)

I looked at it as well but to be honest I have gotten burned way too much in the last few weeks. When I saw Very Good, Good and Fair with nothing higher for conditions and then the modules were not mentioned as complete or had condition remarks I got a bad feeling (which most likely means I was wrong) and could not bring myself to jump.

There have been too many items I bought recently being in "complete or barely used condition" that have had major parts missing or serious damage. Some sellers have been cool and gone way out of the way to make things right. Most will want to make things right, though I am out shipping both ways. Others have tried to convince me that even though it was not as advertised it was still a good deal and I should keep it. And then some have just vanished (my SW Immortal set). I hate to say it but I feel a storm of negative FBs being sent out by me is in the near future and most likely being returned to me.

Why is the the dealers that don't give feedback when the buyer completes his portion are the ones most likely to screw you over in the transaction?

P.S. I want to give a special shout out to the "I don't do combined shipping" seller. I want to give you your due as you charged regular mail rate for both items, shipped both items packaged together media mail and then to top it all off it was packaged for shit. You will always have a special place in my heart.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:55 am 

Marlith wrote:Why is the the dealers that don't give feedback when the buyer completes his portion are the ones most likely to screw you over in the transaction?

This is a calling card of a disreputable seller.  When I don't get feedback right away I know that I'm either dealing with an inexperienced ebayer or "problem" seller.  I have had more instances this year than I've ever had.  Problem is that their feedback won't necessarily reveal these types of seller since they are using feedback as an intimidation tool against getting a negative.  It's a real shame.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:10 am 

Marlith wrote: P.S. I want to give a special shout out to the "I don't do combined shipping" seller. I want to give you your due as you charged regular mail rate for both items, shipped both items packaged together media mail and then to top it all off it was packaged for shit. You will always have a special place in my heart.

M, you wouldn't by any chance be referring to this guy would you:

Tomb of Horrors: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

$10.00 Media Mail rate and he does not combine shipping costs :roll:  I am half tempted to bid on a few of his auctions and make him feckin ship everything seperately. :x  I really hate people sometimes.

I agree with dbartman about feedback for the most part. I can understand people not wanting to be ambushed, but 99.9% of the time as a seller, if you are doing what you should be doing(i.e propery grading/describing items, shipping in a timely fashion, shipping items with care in packaging, etc) you really should not have to worry too much about being ambushed. Unless, I have some very good reason to believe that this may be a problem buyer, I always leave feedback first. I know this feedback debate has raged on here for a long time, but this is just my $.02. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:25 am 

Combined Shitting seller says waht? wrote:I am selling these items at reduced cost so one of the ways I recoup my loss is thru shipping and handling. That's why I can offer these items at such a low price in the first place rather than at a higher "Buy It Now Price".

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Is that rain or is he pissing on me?

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:44 am 

The one mentioned is not who I am making refernce too. I can deal with those types because they tell you upfront they are a jerk and I know not to deal with them.

The ones I hate are the "Wolf in Sheeps Clothing" types. All looks well and you expect a normal transaction and then bam....you buy say 10 modules from them at $1 to $2 each expecting as would seem reasonable that they would combine most or all in one package, modify shipping to a fair and reasonable amont and charge you that. This particular species of vermin charges you the full $4 for each item and then packages them all in one box with them loose.

As to mister:

"PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE BIDDING!!!!!! Please note that if someone wins more than one of my auctions, I can combine shipping in one box but cannot reduce the shipping fees. I am selling these items at reduced cost so one of the ways I recoup my loss is thru shipping and handling. That's why I can offer these items at such a low price in the first place rather than at a higher "Buy It Now Price". With that in mind, please do not expect to see the full S&H charged reflected in postage. Winning bidder pays the winning bid price on EACH item as well as the flat shipping fee on EACH item. That means if the shipping & handling on item #1 is $5.00 and the shipping and handling on item #2 is $6.00 you will pay a total of $11.00 S&H on top of the winning bid price for each item. Also, Payment must be received within 10 business days after the close of the auction. If a check or money order is not received in this timeframe a non-payment complaint will be filed with Ebay and a strike issued to the non-paying buyer until payment is received or the issue is mutually resolved. I apologize for even having to list this stuff but I've had problems with buyers lately so need to set the terms of sale up front. If you do not understand and agree to these terms, please do not bid. Also, I do NOT ship overseas - this auction is for US Bidders only! Sorry!

Also, I have no set return policy. I would really like to avoid refund situations but if there is a problem we can work something out. However, the buyer will pay all costs for Shipping and Handling to return items in this case. For this reason, please read the item description carefully. I try to be completely up front about an items condition and any missing parts whenever possible. "

All I can say is goodbye and for once I wish I was not a US Buyer so I could not even be tempted. I think I would hesitate if they had an OB3 with a $40 BIN because I know they would find some way to screw me over.

And yes I did just discover the color option in posting  :wink:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:18 am 

An auction by definition has an element of risk involved from the seller's point of view. It could sell for more, or less, than they think it's worth. The market at the time will dictate it's current worth.

Anyway how does he know he needs to recoup any money when the auctions haven't finished yet?

The point of covering his back with the postage is to me a poor excuse for inflating the money he expects for an item. If the seller is concerned, it should be listed low (to attract bidders) with a reserve at what they want for it (the cost charged by EBay for having the reserve could be factored into the reserve price itself). If the bidding gets to his price well and good. If not they need to re-evaluate their expectations on the price and relist later when they think it may sell.  

Jacking up the postage as a back up for the seller has knobs on it. Doing what he's doing, he can effectively charge what he wants on the postage and hold the buyer by feedback retaliation/non-payer feedback if the buyer disagrees with his charging.

Its becoming more common in the auctions I've been looking at of late. :(

JMO

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:26 am 

Marlith wrote:Please note that if someone wins more than one of my auctions, I can combine shipping in one box but cannot reduce the shipping fees. I am selling these items at reduced cost so one of the ways I recoup my loss is thru shipping and handling. That's why I can offer these items at such a low price in the first place rather than at a higher "Buy It Now Price".

Its funny that the sellers statements are a complete contradiction.  Are you willing to take a loss or are you not. :roll: Obviously no one wants to take a loss, but this is a clear attempt at circumventing fees from EBay.  Notice also that he does not accept paypal.  I will be surprised if those auctions garner many bids at all based on an unfreindly seller, with unfriendly S&H terms, and unfriendly payment methods. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:37 am 

I wont be so surprised if they get some bids because people tend to not read or comprehend what the auction details actually mean. Sadly, this is what he exploits on ebay to pad his auctions.

Did anyone take Blackmoor up on the extra Delf item? Put me down for it if not.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:39 am 

Adam Shultz wrote:I wont be so surprised if they get some bids because people tend to not read or comprehend what the auction details actually mean. Sadly, this is what he exploits on ebay to pad his auctions.

Agreed, but hopefully it will reduce his bids to an absolute minimum.

Adam Shultz wrote:Did anyone take Blackmoor up on the extra Delf item? Put me down for it if not.

Yes, I did. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 55 of 111123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 109110111