Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 111123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 109110111
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2023

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:48 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that :)


Hmm... was the SW on that Immortals box not genuine, or something? :?
(Ca'n't recall seeing a seller rating as low as -4 before...).


Looks like it wasn't or isn't. I just filed on PayPal. A little early but looking at the negs they racked up and are no longer registered I am going to go ahead and write it off. Best case I get it and have to cancel the complaint or send them money again. Worst he knows someone at PayPal and I am out $26 or something like that.


As far as the -4 all I can say is I know how to pick them. 8O


Sorry M, I had a bad feeling about that seller myself and decided to avoid him. I didnt really have any specific reason to post it on the board as a shady dealer(I cant just go hauling off with accusations publicly left and right with no hard eveidence, I'm sure you understand  :) ), it was just a feeling that I got about the listings. It was just too many from a newbie seller in a very short amount of time. :(  I am sure that your Paypal claim will end up in your favor, although it isn't going to matter much if the seller has already taken the money and ran. :evil:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 12, 2023
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:56 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:
Looks like it wasn't or isn't. I just filed on PayPal. A little early but looking at the negs they racked up and are no longer registered I am going to go ahead and write it off. Best case I get it and have to cancel the complaint or send them money again. Worst he knows someone at PayPal and I am out $26 or something like that.


As far as the -4 all I can say is I know how to pick them. 8O


Sorry M, I had a bad feeling about that seller myself and decided to avoid him. I didnt really have any specific reason to post it on the board as a shady dealer(I cant just go hauling off with accusations publicly left and right with no hard eveidence, I'm sure you understand :) ), it was just a feeling that I got about the listings. It was just too many from a newbie seller in a very short amount of time. :( I am sure that your Paypal claim will end up in your favor, although it isn't going to matter much if the seller has already taken the money and ran. :evil:


I am not too worried about it. Like the character Earl from "My Name's Earl" (funny show, shameless plug) I have figured out that if you do good it will come back to you. That Advanced MSH set I bought a week or so ago came packed with the Ultimate Powers, the X-Men and Avengers guides and I bought it for the Magic supplement it was packaged with. Sort of the collecting gods making up for the SW Immortal set I will never see  :lol:


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2023

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:24 pm 
 

Nice win Paul: :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8717724468

Lots of good material in there as well as quite a few good LJN characters including Tiamat.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:01 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Nice win Paul: :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8717724468

Lots of good material in there as well as quite a few good LJN characters including Tiamat.

Three simultaneous automatic snipes; what's the deal with that?

Nice deal, yeah. Hope Tiamat doesn't mind being glued back together again! :D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8255
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: May 27, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:06 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Three simultaneous automatic snipes; what's the deal with that?


maybe he just wasnt taking any chances and wanted to win that one REAL bad :D

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1787
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 04, 2020
Location: Indianapolis

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:23 pm 
 

In a recent lot of books came a 4th print Monster Manual with red endpapers and flyleaves.  The Acaeum says it is "fairly rare".  Would someone like to explain what "fairly rare" means.  Condition is good.  I quess I would like to know if I have something others do not?

Martin

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:29 pm 
 

Prufrock wrote:In a recent lot of books came a 4th print Monster Manual with red endpapers and flyleaves. The Acaeum says it is "fairly rare". Would someone like to explain what "fairly rare" means.

Somewhere between "less common" and "very rare", I'd guess.
Perhaps not quite as rare as the (still unlisted) 3rd+ PHB.

*shrugs and waits for someone better qualified to respond*

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8255
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: May 27, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:12 am 
 

Prufrock wrote:In a recent lot of books came a 4th print Monster Manual with red endpapers and flyleaves. The Acaeum says it is "fairly rare". Would someone like to explain what "fairly rare" means. Condition is good. I quess I would like to know if I have something others do not?

Martin


fairly rare i would say....... common being you see it all the time, uncommon, you might see it occasionally, fairly rare, maybe a half dozen times a year? rare, very seldom - maybe 2-3 times a year, very rare - about once a year, unique...well almost never.

hows that sound? :)

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:55 am 
 

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1
Somebody tell me I didn't spend too much.  :?  I figure did ok...

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:01 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1
Somebody tell me I didn't spend too much. :? I figure did ok...

*rechecks condition notes*

Personally I'd say that was fine, even allowing for shipping.

If those mods were on the main listing ( Page Not Found ), the price would probably be somewhat higher by now; if not by as much as the GW Character Sheets which have increased almost ten-fold since their inclusion in the "Misc." section.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1
Somebody tell me I didn't spend too much. :? I figure did ok...

*rechecks condition notes*

Personally I'd say that was fine, even allowing for shipping.

If those mods were on the main listing ( Page Not Found ), the price would probably be somewhat higher by now; if not by as much as the GW Character Sheets which have increased almost ten-fold since their inclusion in the "Misc." section.

Agreed!  They need their own "rarity" ratings, as well...

 YIM  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 182
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 11, 2023
Location: Reno, NV

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:26 pm 
 

BC strikes again...at least we had a chance on this one..it lasted nearly 45 mins!

D&D Book Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:36 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*rechecks condition notes*

Personally I'd say that was fine, even allowing for shipping.

If those mods were on the main listing ( Page Not Found ), the price would probably be somewhat higher by now; if not by as much as the GW Character Sheets which have increased almost ten-fold since their inclusion in the "Misc." section.

Agreed! They need their own "rarity" ratings, as well...


I agree as well.  In fact, they are have just begun to be tracked for Valuations.  (as well as some other rare UK items).   Maybe sometime next year there will be some more accurate prices for them.  It's up to Foul, of course, if he wants them on the main listing or under Foreign Editions.


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3807
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 10, 2023

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:56 am 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:BC strikes again...at least we had a chance on this one..it lasted nearly 45 mins!



D&D Book Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay




I was staring at this last night, but didn't see anything particularly alluring.  What did I miss?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8255
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: May 27, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:29 am 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
I was staring at this last night, but didn't see anything particularly alluring. What did I miss?




for collecting, prb not much, but to resell you could prb do quite well with that imo. especially BC the supremo :)



Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:50 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I was staring at this last night, but didn't see anything particularly alluring. What did I miss?


for collecting, prb not much, but to resell you could prb do quite well with that imo. especially BC the supremo :)

Al

Yep, could break that up nicely and come about $100 ahead.

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3601
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: May 16, 2024
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:23 pm 
 

Look what I just got

Image

Anyone else have one of these gems :D

I will trade a ST1 or maybe Pharoh for it.

Man it is funny getiing exited about obtaining stuff like this.  Its just very different.

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8255
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: May 27, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:49 pm 
 

hey J that looks like 1 cool item man!

tell me more! i have never heard of it...

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 111123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 109110111