Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 111123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:24 pm 

Nice win David:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT
I'd've fought you more for it, but I was on a conf call for work, alas :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:13 pm 

grodog wrote:Nice win David:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT
I'd've fought you more for it, but I was on a conf call for work, alas :D

Heh. Thanks; but time for you to read your PMs, Allan!
I sent you one immediately that auction had closed ;)

Guess your bidding pushed the previous lot higher, then...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:30 pm 

I was really hoping that due to a incorrect title that  this was going to cheaply, but apparently I wasnt the only one who picked up on it :wink: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Oh well, I am still quite happy with it even though it cost me more than I was hoping.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm 

Oh, here was me about to post that that was a new record for SR #3 ;)

Congrats, Brian, even if that was rather heavy on the $, IMHO.
btw. The seller turned down a $100 BIN offer right at the start. Was that not you, then?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:39 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Oh, here was me about to post that that was a new record for SR #3 ;)

Congrats, Brian, even if that was rather heavy on the $, IMHO.
btw. The seller turned down a $100 BIN offer right at the start. Was that not you, then?

Yep, that was me.  I figured that it was a pretty fair offer, and he was actually blown away by it.  He did end up turning me down saying that he did not feel comfortable doing it at the possible expense of others who might be watching it already, but graciously thanked me for the kind offer.  I ended up only costing myself an extra ~18.00 so I am happy enough. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I was really hoping that due to a incorrect title that this was going to cheaply, but apparently I wasnt the only one who picked up on it :wink: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Oh well, I am still quite happy with it even though it cost me more than I was hoping.

Nice one, Brian.  I remember seeing that auction and skipping over it for precisely the reason you suspected.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:59 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yep, that was me. I figured that it was a pretty fair offer, and he was actually blown away by it. He did end up turning me down saying that he did not feel comfortable doing it at the possible expense of others who might be watching it already, but graciously thanked me for the kind offer. I ended up only costing myself an extra ~18.00 so I am happy enough. :)

I think he quoted your $100 offer to everyone else who asked... He was very blasé about that and "pretty sure that [the 'zine would] sell MUCH cheaper than this price at auction" :P
Cute seller ^^

(Oh, and he did have BINs on other auctions).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:46 pm 

Nice win M!

TSR Silver Anniversary: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

You beat me to it by like 15 seconds, tops. :P

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:NIce win M!

TSR Silver Anniversary: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

You beat me to it by like 15 seconds, tops. :P

Thanks! I was going after the Delta Fragment next I am a closet Gamma World fan. I almost hesitated on the 10th Ann. set as I have never been a big TS fan.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:04 pm 

nice one M! wow :)

wish i could get some of them.

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:08 pm 

Marlith wrote:I almost hesitated on the 10th Ann. set as I have never been a big TS fan.

An easy resale I'd've thought, should you be so inclined.
Yeah, nice one, for people who like that kinda thing ;)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:I almost hesitated on the 10th Ann. set as I have never been a big TS fan.

An easy resale I'd've thought, should you be so inclined.
Yeah, nice one, for people who like that kinda thing ;)

I hardly ever sell anything. I am getting the collection in line and hope to unload all the dupes here soon. I really wasn't sure about the 10th packs other than AD&D or D&D. Eventually I realized I had spent $23 on much more stupid stuff in the past and not so recently one could say!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:28 pm 

Marlith wrote:I hardly ever sell anything.

Yeah, I noticed that :)

Marlith wrote:I am getting the collection in line and hope to unload all the dupes here soon. I really wasn't sure about the 10th packs other than AD&D or D&D. Eventually I realized I had spent $23 on much more stupid stuff in the past and not so recently one could say!

Hmm... was the SW on that Immortals box not genuine, or something? :?
(Ca'n't recall seeing a seller rating as low as -4 before...).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:32 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:I hardly ever sell anything.

Yeah, I noticed that :)

Marlith wrote:I am getting the collection in line and hope to unload all the dupes here soon. I really wasn't sure about the 10th packs other than AD&D or D&D. Eventually I realized I had spent $23 on much more stupid stuff in the past and not so recently one could say!

Looks like it wasn't or isn't. I just filed on PayPal. A little early but looking at the negs they racked up and are no longer registered I am going to go ahead and write it off. Best case I get it and have to cancel the complaint or send them money again. Worst he knows someone at PayPal and I am out $26 or something like that.

As far as the -4 all I can say is I know how to pick them. 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:48 pm 

Marlith wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that :)

Looks like it wasn't or isn't. I just filed on PayPal. A little early but looking at the negs they racked up and are no longer registered I am going to go ahead and write it off. Best case I get it and have to cancel the complaint or send them money again. Worst he knows someone at PayPal and I am out $26 or something like that.

Sorry M, I had a bad feeling about that seller myself and decided to avoid him. I didnt really have any specific reason to post it on the board as a shady dealer(I cant just go hauling off with accusations publicly left and right with no hard eveidence, I'm sure you understand  :) ), it was just a feeling that I got about the listings. It was just too many from a newbie seller in a very short amount of time. :(  I am sure that your Paypal claim will end up in your favor, although it isn't going to matter much if the seller has already taken the money and ran. :evil:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:

Sorry M, I had a bad feeling about that seller myself and decided to avoid him. I didnt really have any specific reason to post it on the board as a shady dealer(I cant just go hauling off with accusations publicly left and right with no hard eveidence, I'm sure you understand :) ), it was just a feeling that I got about the listings. It was just too many from a newbie seller in a very short amount of time. :( I am sure that your Paypal claim will end up in your favor, although it isn't going to matter much if the seller has already taken the money and ran. :evil:

I am not too worried about it. Like the character Earl from "My Name's Earl" (funny show, shameless plug) I have figured out that if you do good it will come back to you. That Advanced MSH set I bought a week or so ago came packed with the Ultimate Powers, the X-Men and Avengers guides and I bought it for the Magic supplement it was packaged with. Sort of the collecting gods making up for the SW Immortal set I will never see  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:24 pm 

Nice win Paul: :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8717724468

Lots of good material in there as well as quite a few good LJN characters including Tiamat.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Nice win Paul: :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8717724468

Lots of good material in there as well as quite a few good LJN characters including Tiamat.

Three simultaneous automatic snipes; what's the deal with that?

Nice deal, yeah. Hope Tiamat doesn't mind being glued back together again! :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 53 of 111123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 109110111