Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:49 am 

usenet..
rec.games.frp.marketplace

mostly ebay ads now... oh the good old days...  :cry:

Brette:)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:05 pm 

*opens second-last package*

Good grief.... *falls over*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5293325971

1st GW MM, 1st PHB and (bizarrely) a revised DMG; $9 !!!

Exactly as described following my queries, even though I hadn't expected the responses to be accurate.

I think I'd better send the seller some more money.... :?
(They even undercharged on postage. :()

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:09 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*opens second-last package*

Good grief.... *falls over*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5293325971

1st GW MM, 1st PHB and (bizarrely) a revised DMG; $9!

Exactly as described following my queries, even though I hadn't expected that!

I think I'd better send the seller some more money.... :?
(They even undercharged on postage. :()

Nice win. :D
I queried the seller about these as to whether they were softback.  But I just didn't think they would be 1st prints given the DMG.  Shouldn't assume.  I remember asking myself if I should put it a late bid given the low price.  But I didn't bother. :cry:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:17 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Nice win. :D
I queried the seller about these as to whether they were softback. But I just didn't think they would be 1st prints given the DMG. Shouldn't assume. I remember asking myself if I should put it a late bid given the low price. But I didn't bother. :cry:

Thanks. Couldn't believe people were swarming round his other auctions and very few bothered to ask, just in case. (Sorry, Deimos, too!).

I got a bit worried when he answered in public that the MM was softback, the day before auction close; *points* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5293325971
My snipe was only just over 20 pounds (erm...), so that wouldn't have been difficult to beat.

btw. It's the first 1st GW MM I've seen (in recent years, anyhow!) with an intact text block still attached to the spine! 8O

And the 1st PHB ain't bad, either...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:14 pm 

(non-TSR)

Tortured Souls #12; $4.75
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6982387670
(...had expected <eyeofvecna> to stomp my max bid)

Picked up #9-11, too, to split the postage.

(aside: Noticed #10 go to <firen> recently for $24 in a UK sale; but #12 is the awkward one, as pointed out by Ian).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:43 pm 

Nice find B...  I must caught it about 30 seconds after you did, guess I shouldn't have checked my email first before hopping on ebay.   :D  

Dungeon and Dragons First Edition Set | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:13 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Nice find B... I must caught it about 30 seconds after you did, guess I shouldn't have checked my email first before hopping on ebay. :D

Dungeon and Dragons First Edition Set | eBay

Thanks. :) The thing that has me really happy about is the fact that there is a lizard logo Geomorphs 3 in there. I have been looking for Geos 2 & 3 now for awhile and so to beable to get them with that set and with them being lizard logo makes it all the better. I guess it was a pretty good idea not to go into work today. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:55 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(non-TSR)

Tortured Souls #12; $4.75
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6982387670
(...had expected <eyeofvecna> to stomp my max bid)

Picked up #9-11, too, to split the postage.

(aside: Noticed #10 go to <firen> recently for $24 in a UK sale; but #12 is the awkward one, as pointed out by Ian).

I would have stomped those prices if I'd seen them. They never showed on my search on account of the exclamation mark. Otherwise they'd have been on my watch list.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I would have stomped those prices if I'd seen them. They never showed on my search on account of the exclamation mark. Otherwise they'd have been on my watch list.

Ah, I thought that exclamation mark might've been on my side!
Even worse than those other sales I'd missed in the last month where the seller used "Intl." for "International".

Wish I'd known they had 7-12 initially since I ignored 1-6 when those went through previously (at 99 cents each...).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:09 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:I would have stomped those prices if I'd seen them. They never showed on my search on account of the exclamation mark. Otherwise they'd have been on my watch list.

Ah, I thought that exclamation mark might've been on my side!
Even worse than those other sales I'd missed in the last month where the seller used "Intl." for "International".

Wish I'd known they had 7-12 initially since I ignored 1-6 when those went through previously (at 99 cents each...).

well i just got a #10 for 99p so not missing too many of them now....will get there in the end :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:14 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well i just got a #10 for 99p so not missing too many of them now....will get there in the end :D

Nice! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8703537607

Must've missed that on the "UK only" auction.

Have turned down a few opportunities where there's only one copy for sale with £2.50+ postage, but that seems to be a bargain all-round. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:27 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:well i just got a #10 for 99p so not missing too many of them now....will get there in the end :D

Nice! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8703537607

Must've missed that on the "UK only" auction.

Have turned down a few opportunities where there's only one copy for sale with £2.50+ postage, but that seems to be a bargain all-round. :)

i think with that one too, was that the seller doesnt do paypal either, so can put some off too. i tend to look for them cos it doesnt bother me and you tend to get a real bargain most times....like that one :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:16 pm 

This guy would not ship to Canada for some reason (see question at the bottom of the auction) but Gus was happy to bid on it for me and I got a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

If he let international bids on this it probably would have went for $150.00 - $175.00.  I am very happy to know people like Gus and others on this board (waves to bclarkie), helps collecting the harder to obtain stuff.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:21 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:Nice find B... I must caught it about 30 seconds after you did, guess I shouldn't have checked my email first before hopping on ebay.  :D

Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Set | eBay

As a follow up on this one, these arrived today and boy I am even happier that I was when I won it. :D  :D  :D  Not only is the Geos a 1st Printing and in awesome condition, but the OD&D books are 5th Prints and outside of a little staple rust they are almost perfect! :o  :D  :D  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:34 pm 

I just spent the last 1/2 hour crying.
My wife is always on the lookout for D&D stuff for me, even though she doesn't know much about it. She came home from her job as department manager at Barnes & Noble today and presented me with a giftwrapped box and a smile. I open it, and there is a NM brown box set. Open the books, and it is a 2nd print. Other than a very slight amount of rubbing on the bottom and corners, it is NM. She says "The brown boxes are worth something, right?".
"Uhhhhh, a bit. Where did you get it?"
"I bought it from Pam at work. She said her son bought all the D&D stuff a long time ago, and you know she got into a big fight with him after he moved out with some slut, so she is selling all of his stuff. I tried to get the computer stuff too, but she already sold it."
"Wow."
"So it's good?"
"It's good."
"Oh, good, I was afraid I paid too much for it. I got a whole bunch of other D&D stuff, but I left it in my locker at work. I was going to give you one book a day until Christmas."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I won't ask how much you paid for it...."
"Well, I got that and a whole big box of stuff for $100. I got rooked, didn't I? I can see it in your face."

Now I know why I got married.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:44 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Now I know why I got married.

well done frank :)

some ppl have all the luck

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:56 pm 

I suppose that it isn't inconceivable that some poor bastard could be sitting in an apartment with his slut reading this and really regretting moving out of his mums.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:05 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:I suppose that it isn't inconceivable that some poor bastard could be sitting in an apartment with his slut reading this and really regretting moving out of his mums.

well thats his problem for not doing some forward planning aint it :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111