Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:44 pm 

I asked the seller for a BIN, got no response. She porked herself, I'd have gladly paid $20 each.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:48 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I asked the seller for a BIN, got no response. She porked herself, I'd have gladly paid $20 each.

That was actually the same seller that I offered a BIN of $45 for on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5213561370

Needless to say not only did I get the auction for less than I offered, but there was actually multiple copies of each module included in that auction that wasnt listed, but I got for that price anyway. :o

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:35 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:Just curious on this one...was "the question" posed to the seller or was the BIN already in place? Either way....a real score for demios. Congrats!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5213548865

Gawd, that was a while back...nobody thought to wonder why I've been selling off SW chainmails for the last 3 months? (I'm keeping the non-SW one). :)  Yes, that was a "question" BIN.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:37 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:Just curious on this one...was "the question" posed to the seller or was the BIN already in place? Either way....a real score for demios. Congrats!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5213548865

Gawd, that was a while back...nobody thought to wonder why I've been selling off SW chainmails for the last 3 months? (I'm keeping the non-SW one). :) Yes, that was a "question" BIN.

Hmm, I think I knew about that auction, but I wasnt saying anything. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:30 pm 

Okay, David mentioed this earlier, but it arrived today and boy is it in sweet condition: :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

And no, I did not ask "The Question". :P

Aside, who else here owns one any of these things?  I know the burntwire borthers do and I believe stromber does as well from that auction back in February, but who else does?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:56 pm 

Stormber has my old copy. I didn't find it all that useful, similar to the Strategic Review.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 pm 

Damn BC, a minute and a half??

That slow, you're losing your touch :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:59 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Damn BC, a minute and a half??

Still somewhat slower than whoever picked up those Guidon Chainmails (plural). ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:56 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:Damn BC, a minute and a half??

Still somewhat slower than whoever picked up those Guidon Chainmails (plural). ;)

David, Guidon Chainmails??? When and Where did this happen? 8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:20 am 

I have one, I believe it is #5 from the burntbrothers collection.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:David, Guidon Chainmails??? When and Where did this happen? 8O

~$400 (stated) for the best, a "mint" 2nd print... via eBay, as I inferred. ;)

Was way too slow off-the-mark myself.

I'd've said that was rather expensive prior to the recent auctions. Doesn't sound quite so bad now.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:10 pm 

So I get this in the mail today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

Since I have been wanting this for quite some time I was extremely happy not only to win the auction but also to get it at that price and in the amazingly great condition.  Then I opened the box and got a nice little bonus: Four editions of the Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society (5, 7, 16, and 17) and the SORAG equipment book from Paranoia Press.  And to think today started out really crappy.  :D

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:45 pm 

Congrats. Your story reminded me of the trouble I had finding a copy of JTAS #5. I can't recall all the details now but, for some reason, very few copies of that issue ever made it to the UK. Of course, the articles it contained were subsequently reprinted in other forms (more than once) [obvious] but that means zip to a completist [/obvious].

Wow! I remember taking all night to set up that game for the first time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:14 pm 

Damn you David!!! :twisted:  

Nice win, I was hoping no one other than deimos noticed it. :wink: I still can't figure out why my snipe went off 2 seconds early. :?  Oh well. :)

While I am here I might as well post this for myself, I thinks it safe:

*<runs and hides>*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Damn you David!!! :twisted:  

Nice win, I was hoping no one other than deimos noticed it. :wink: I still can't figure out why my snipe went off 2 seconds early. :? Oh well. :)

While I am here I might as well post this for myself, I thinks it safe:

*<runs and hides>*

Hey, at least I'm getting closer...  :wink:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 am 

ROFLMAO! You sniped it for $69? Holy crap, I would have at LEAST put $250!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:46 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:ROFLMAO! You sniped it for $69? Holy crap, I would have at LEAST put $250!

Heh. Thanks, Frank.

I don't think that's going to make Deimos feel any better, either, after having  had highest bid (multiple) on that auction for so long... :?

*checks to make sure that's a GK logo, not a Guidon flag*

I know what you mean though, given how much more "desirable" the Guidon 2nd appears to have become in the last year and that the stapled TSR print isn't that much more common (a very solid "4", if not "5").

(The yellow TSR cover is even scarcer, as in "not yet seen"/presumed to exist from the listing here ;)).

Had chased the very few copies of that stapled print available from ~$50 up to ~$70 (losing out the previous one to Paul, IIRC), so was a bit surprised it didn't end up higher, even though it has the "usual" staple creases, etc.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:37 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:ROFLMAO! You sniped it for $69? Holy crap, I would have at LEAST put $250!

I guess I must be stupid or something, I just don't get it. Especially based on David's comment below, I just dont see how I was way off with my snipe, especially consdering both the condition of it and the fact that IIRC the last one did go for around $70.00 as well about 6 or 7 months ago. :?

harami2000 wrote:
Had chased the very few copies of that stapled print available from ~$50 up to ~$70 (losing out the previous one to Paul, IIRC), so was a bit surprised it didn't end up higher, even though it has the "usual" staple creases, etc.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111