Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 111123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:45 pm 

funny how you dont even look at things properly when you get hold of them sometimes isnt it?

two fun little things really:

i got Forgotten Realms Bloodstone Lands off coug for a few quid..... nice thing was it was signed by RA Salvatore!

and some time back i got a sorcerer's apprentice magazine - cant remember who i got it off - and a load of the articles in the magazine are actually signed by the writers themselves!

both pretty cool purchases imo and will slot very nicely into my own collection!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:42 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Spy that H1 poking out from the pile?  Sadly, no cover included (does it have a map on the inside, as with most modules?  Anyone who can send me a scan?), and I haven't inventoried ALL the flippin' counters yet, and some of the cutout buildings aren't there, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:06 pm 

Achizar wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Spy that H1 poking out from the pile? Sadly, no cover included (does it have a map on the inside, as with most modules? Anyone who can send me a scan?), and I haven't inventoried ALL the flippin' counters yet, and some of the cutout buildings aren't there, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

No maps - comes with the Roster Book and the Adventure Book (both clearly marked with Bloodstone Pass on the cover page).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:06 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:
Achizar wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Spy that H1 poking out from the pile? Sadly, no cover included (does it have a map on the inside, as with most modules? Anyone who can send me a scan?), and I haven't inventoried ALL the flippin' counters yet, and some of the cutout buildings aren't there, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

No maps - comes with the Roster Book and the Adventure Book (both clearly marked with Bloodstone Pass on the cover page).

Yup, got the Roster Book and the Adventure Book.  Along with a pile of indiscriminately mixed counters and cutouts for both H1 and the Battlesystem Set itself-- that'll be fun to sort out!  :roll:

So I assume the cover serves no function (other than marketing) then?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:48 am 

Achizar wrote:
Yup, got the Roster Book and the Adventure Book. Along with a pile of indiscriminately mixed counters and cutouts for both H1 and the Battlesystem Set itself-- that'll be fun to sort out! :roll:

Nope, it was just a crappy blue box.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Achizar wrote:
Yup, got the Roster Book and the Adventure Book. Along with a pile of indiscriminately mixed counters and cutouts for both H1 and the Battlesystem Set itself-- that'll be fun to sort out! :roll:

Nope, it was just a crappy blue box.

Gotcha-- thanks!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:47 pm 

*watches sale end*

Hmm... I could have sworn one of us would have bid somewhat higher... :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8211523536

Just a bit of a bargain for <creep1962>.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:50 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*watches sale end*

I might have bid had I seen the Hex Book in there. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I might have bid has I seen the Hex Book in there. :oops:

(more than just that... but, regardless, everything else is a freebie given the fine looking (albeit punched) AH Titan, alone).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:55 am 

harami2000 wrote:*watches sale end*

Was it even well known? I think it was listed in video games. I only found it because I spend most of my search time "piggybacking" on the hard work and early bids of others . . . :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:38 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Was it even well known? I think it was listed in video games. I only found it because I spend most of my search time "piggybacking" on the hard work and early bids of other . . . :D

Ah, I don't use that auction searching software; just throw in a few keyword searches occasionally.

<creep1962> does make for a good watchlist, though; almost on a par with Deimos and Grodog.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:Was it even well known? I think it was listed in video games. I only found it because I spend most of my search time "piggybacking" on the hard work and early bids of other . . . :D

Ah, I don't use that auction searching software; just throw in a few keyword searches occasionally.

<creep1962> does make for a good watchlist, though; almost on a par with Deimos and Grodog.

Sorry guys, the Fun Find Locator Service (a.k.a. my bidding history) has been performing below average this week.  I'll try to tweak it a bit.   :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:13 pm 

My bidding history's not much use at the moment, since I haven't been offline a lot (no access after work hours at present), and don't have the spare $$$ since we bought the house.  

I spent time this weekend working up pics for my sale, though, got about half-way done.  Will start into the non-TSR and earlier OD&D stuff this week :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:56 pm 

Hmmm, Nice Win David:

Wizard of War: Games | eBay

I can guarentee that you would not have gotten that at that price if I didnt have to have to go out of town on an emergency this weekend. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:00 am 

Are you looking for one, Brian?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:04 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Are you looking for one, Brian?

i won one of them in January for $10.50, but the fecker wouldnt send it :(

i would like one! :)

A

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:11 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Are you looking for one, Brian?

Not specifically, but I figured it would be one of those nice to have things. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:07 pm 

I think I have two of them, kill. I will check and let you know.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 111123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 109110111