Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1252
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: May 30, 2022

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:10 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
dloper wrote:Scott still has limited stock on some items on hand. Including some maps from that era. His address is:

John Scott Clegg
306 South 1065 West
Orem, Utah 84058

If you email me through this forum I will send you his email address.


Umm, who is Scott, and what is he selling? :?


A number of small press, non-TSR D&D items from the early 80's, including Notnaidag Robber Headquarters and Tombs of Valla.

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5715
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:37 pm 
 

Is Scott selling anything particularly interesting other than the titles you mentioned William?


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1252
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: May 30, 2022

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:43 pm 
 

grodog wrote:Is Scott selling anything particularly interesting other than the titles you mentioned William?


I think that's it, as far as I know.

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5715
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:57 am 
 

Are the modules(?) any good?


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm 
 

Just saw Burnie Bros' TSR Employee Jacket up for offers on their pre-GenCon goodies thread
( viewtopic.php?t=2480 ).

Is not quite in the same league, but does this count? :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8316884783
(Was too embarrassed to list it here and is about three sizes too large as well. Dun know if I'd been hoping someone else might've bid higher! :oops:)

=
Unworn '84 & '85 GenCon t-shirts were a more "sensible" purchase, though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5207070389
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5207071567
(somewhat higher prices for '86 & '87)

Right size, too (*fingers crossed*).

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:43 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Just saw Burnie Bros' TSR Employee Jacket up for offers on their pre-GenCon goodies thread
( viewtopic.php?t=2480 ).

Is not quite in the same league, but does this count? :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8316884783
(Was too embarrassed to list it here and is about three sizes too large as well. Dun know if I'd been hoping someone else might've bid higher! :oops:)

=
Unworn '84 & '85 GenCon t-shirts were a more "sensible" purchase, though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5207070389
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5207071567
(somewhat higher prices for '86 & '87)

Right size, too (*fingers crossed*).

I was watching the GenCon t-shirts.  But decided against bidding as they are too small.
Didn't spot the Staff shirt.  But that is closer my size I think.  Are US/UK sizes the same?

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1290
Joined: Nov 24, 2002
Last Visit: Jun 16, 2022
Location: Brescia, Italy

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:39 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Is not quite in the same league, but does this count? :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8316884783
(Was too embarrassed to list it here and is about three sizes too large as well. Dun know if I'd been hoping someone else might've bid higher! :oops:)

Damn! If I had noticed, I COULD have taken a shot at it. But American XXL - Jesus! Way too big - I'm L sized  :wink: , but when I buy anything from American sellers my best choice is always M sized shirts...

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2018
Location: The Saltmarshes of Michigan

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:14 pm 
 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1


I have 3 blisters of the 11-series Soth and had finally convinced myself to open one and paint the standing figure (don't care much for the mounted figure that comes with it) when this baby showed up.  8) While I didn't get it at a "steal" price, I'm very happy that I won't have to touch one of my blisters.

:D

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:43 am 
 

GW PHB and Basic Book for $23 can't be too bad, Deimos, even if the latter is a bit roughed-up? 8)
Would've expected someone to have tried to snipe that!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5218399761

(The PHB might be in pretty good nick if the original purchaser bought and used their hardback copy at the same time).

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:09 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:GW PHB and Basic Book for $23 can't be too bad, Deimos, even if the latter is a bit roughed-up? 8)
Would've expected someone to have tried to snipe that!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5218399761

(The PHB might be in pretty good nick if the original purchaser bought and used their hardback copy at the same time).

I completely missed that one.  Nice win. :D

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:45 am 
 

And I see that you picked up a very minty looking OCE on a BIN David.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5222420048

Careful you don't cut yourself on the edges of that box! :wink:

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:17 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:GW PHB and Basic Book for $23 can't be too bad, Deimos, even if the latter is a bit roughed-up? 8)
Would've expected someone to have tried to snipe that!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5218399761

(The PHB might be in pretty good nick if the original purchaser bought and used their hardback copy at the same time).

Heh.  I expected someone to have sniped it too, honestly. :)  *strikes one more GW item off the list*

 YIM  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 289
Joined: Feb 20, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 15, 2022
Location: Green Bay, WI

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:48 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5218428386

Not only did the Deities & Demigods turn out to have the Chulu stuff (2nd printing), it was actually in really good shape (as opposed to the 3 core rulebooks).
Also, the boxed set had mono D2 & D3 modules in it!  :D

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 24, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:31 pm 
 

Gus Landt wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5218428386

Not only did the Deities & Demigods turn out to have the Chulu stuff (2nd printing), it was actually in really good shape (as opposed to the 3 core rulebooks).
Also, the boxed set had mono D2 & D3 modules in it! :D


Good catch Gus!


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:42 pm 
 

:?

Not sure why I should get a bad feeling about the lack of bidders on this PHB (auction just finished).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5222736292

Seller stated 1978, no mention of later printing and white flyleaves/endpapers.
Did anyone get a different response, please?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:46 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote::?

Not sure why I should get a bad feeling about the lack of bidders on this PHB (auction just finished).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5222736292

Seller stated 1978, no mention of later printing and white flyleaves/endpapers.
Did anyone get a different response, please?

Well, I missed it.  (See, I stop checking every single poorly-described PHB auction, and I miss one.  Never again!)  At that price/condition, even a 3rd printing is worth it...let us know, though. :)

 YIM  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:12 pm 
 

UK MM, 3rd printing.  I think I did pretty well :)

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

 YIM  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:45 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:UK MM, 3rd printing. I think I did pretty well :)

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

I was watching that and resisted a snipe.  But I was convinced it was a hardback rather than a GW softback despite the auction text.  I could have asked the seller to confirm I suppose. :?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111