Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 111123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:10 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Package arrived today and the seller threw in a complete, uncut and very nice Set Two Dungeon Geomorphs as a FREEBIE.

:D

Vey nice!! :D   I had my eye on that auction, but went to work and forgot completely about it.  Man, without the Geos thats an excellent price for what appears to be some very nice modules. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:18 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Yeah, I know it's not D&D but close.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:28 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Not a bargain, but definitely a fun find for a mini-lot.

Metamorphosis Alpha
1st Print blue Basic book (Lizard Logo/F116-R)
Top Secret box set (Wizard Logo)
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (Wizard logo) - this is the the early print with some different pictures.

Everything in better shape than listed and seller did an excellent job packing!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:14 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

You guys have been slacking off..................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:28 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

You guys have been slacking off..................

Never heard of that one, so I would have missed it anyway, but unfortunately, I have been slacking off...darn network conference!

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:01 pm 

I recently went looking for my late printing, original cover Deities & Demigods book.  For the life of me I couldn't find it.  I looked everywhere.  So, I went to eBay to find a cheap copy, but I kept getting outbid.  I wasn't looking for a Cthulhu version, just an original cover version.

So I turned to Amazon to look at the used copies available there.  I grabbed one that sounded decent (listed as Very Good condition) and only cost $1.89 + $3.49 shipping ($5.38 total).  I got the package last week, opened it up and noticed that the book felt a little heavier than I remember, and also felt thicker.  I figured the impossible may have happened, so I flipped through the book and there they were:  Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythoi staring back at me.  To top it off, the book is in absolutely gorgeous shape. I would rate it about a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.  Not bad at for the grand total of $5.38.

I was also lucky enough to pick up the Best of Dragons volumes I-IV for $1 each, inclusive of shipping.  Vols. I&II are the revised versions, but all four are in excellent or better shape.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:56 am 

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

The postman ringed my bell as it didn't fit in the letterbox.

Guys, it's so good - nicely packaged and in pristine shape, save for a light scuff in the upper right corner.

:D

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:12 am 

rosenkav wrote:The postman ringed my bell as it didn't fit in the letterbox.

That's the difference between Italy and the UK. My postman would have managed to get that through my letterbox. Even if he had to drive his van over it.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:31 am 

Its like those packages that have "Do not fold or bend" written on them. Somehow this text activates a hidden genetic switch in the postmans brain. The result is a shredded, unidentifiable something sticking in your mailbox :/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:42 am 

The fact is that I hanged a very kind sign on my letterbox instructing to do so... as other packages have been... hmmm... lost putting them there in the open  :?

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:45 am 

Jupp wrote:Its like those packages that have "Do not fold or bend" written on them. Somehow this text activates a hidden genetic switch in the postmans brain. The result is a shredded, unidentifiable something sticking in your mailbox :/

Like Jim Carey delivering that box in Ace Ventura.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
rosenkav wrote:The postman ringed my bell as it didn't fit in the letterbox.

That's the difference between Italy and the UK. My postman would have managed to get that through my letterbox. Even if he had to drive his van over it.

Sorry man, its really not funny, but I can not stop laughing at this image thats in my head seeing it happen. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry man, its really not funny, but I can not stop laughing at this image thats my head seeing it happen. :lol:

:D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:11 pm 

I had tears in my eyes picturing it.
My mailbox is 6"x6", so I have had issues with the Post Office. I caught the mail broad cramming my Netflix DVD's into the box three weeks ago. I asked her why she was ramming them in there, and she said " They don't seem to fit", whereupon I asked her why she didn't lift her fat index finger and push the f*cking buzzer to alert me she was there. She looked at me like the brain-wasted bovine she resembles, and quietly handed me the mashed DVD's.
She buzzes me now.
I truly do not care if I appeared to be a dick. I certainly do not go to my customers' sites and wreck their merchandise, and I expect the same treatment from the mail bytch.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:46 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V

If you are truly a D&D completist then you have to buy both of these.  Of course you will never play them, and they will collect dust on a bookshelf or get thrown into a box at the bottom of the closet.  Otherwise you are just a D&D partialist.  Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for that hard to find Dark Sun home pregnancy kit.  :D

Is anyone else as bored at their job today as I am?  :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:57 pm 

KingOfPain, look closely at the picture for the second game.  Why is our intrepid D&D adventurer wearing a button down western shirt, belt, and what appears to be jeans or cords?  

What exactly did the artist think this game entailed? "Contemporary cowboy travels to ancient castle to battle giant scorpions.  With a spear."

:?:  :?:  :?:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:53 pm 

Must be Murlynd in one of his wacky planar adventures  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:59 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I had tears in my eyes picturing it.
My mailbox is 6"x6", so I have had issues with the Post Office. I caught the mail broad cramming my Netflix DVD's into the box three weeks ago. I asked her why she was ramming them in there, and she said " They don't seem to fit", whereupon I asked her why she didn't lift her fat index finger and push the f*cking buzzer to alert me she was there. She looked at me like the brain-wasted bovine she resembles, and quietly handed me the mashed DVD's.
She buzzes me now.
I truly do not care if I appeared to be a dick. I certainly do not go to my customers' sites and wreck their merchandise, and I expect the same treatment from the mail bytch.

When I first started delving into online in the 90's, I had a house on a "walking" route, the mailboxes were by the front door and the mailman had to walk the neighborhood after parking his little mail truck.  Things went ok for awhile, then the inevitible transfer left some lazy ace in charge of my route.  Even though he was younger and presumably healthier than the guy he replaced, instead of walking the route he would drive, stopping in front of each house and running to the front door to drop his stuff.  After about a week I guess he thought he might have been exerting himself too much, because instead of bringing boxes and packages to the front porch, he simply dumped them at the end of the driveways, saving himself a whopping 20 feet of exercise.  People started complaining because their packages were basically being left on the street instead of on their covered front porch (not to mention being left on the driveway, when it rained you might get home to a soggy package of grandma's cookies or whatever).  Of course receiveing valuable RPG items I made several visits to complain about this, with assurances that the guy was new and "just learning the route", and he'd get better if I just gave him a chance.  
     Nothing was done until the fateful day when he ran the route and did his usual stop and drop....it was around Christmas time and lots of people in the neighborhood were getting holiday packages, but unfortunately it was also trash day and this moron dumped all the packages in his truck along the route right next to everyone's trash, and the trashmen did their job and promptly picked up and tossed every package on the guy's route that day.  When about 50 extremely pissed off people crowded into the local post office right around Christmas time (when the place is already packed anyway), screaming and threatening physical violence and filing dozens of complaints and claims for lost packages (even azier than a lazy mailman is a lazy supervisor, they hate to actually have to deal with people), they finally transferred the moron off a route.  The funny addendum is that a couple of months later my wife and I recognized working at the local car wash, where his talents probably ran more true to form.  

Mike B.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 111123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 109110111