Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 111123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:Brian, the auction was actually very misleading. :roll: As I was saying to IO, the seller has a stock photo a 1st or 2nd print Basic Box set, but when you read the contents of the box in the listing you can tell that it is at least a forth printing. The difference in value is substantial. 8O

i have a pretty nice, complete 4th print box set.....is that any good?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:30 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Brian, the auction was actually very misleading. :roll: As I was saying to IO, the seller has a stock photo a 1st or 2nd print Basic Box set, but when you read the contents of the box in the listing you can tell that it is at least a forth printing. The difference in value is substantial. 8O

i have a pretty nice, complete 4th print box set.....is that any good?

Al

Yes it is still good, but there is a distinct price differential in 1st/2nd print sets and the later prints. To give an example, Stormber just sold a first print that was opened in his most recent round of Collectors Trove auctions for abround $323.00. Now granted that is probably a bit high due to the special circimstances, but even if its $150.00 high, then that is still $173.00, f you catch my meaning.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:28 am 

bclarkie wrote:Yes it is still good, but there is a distinct price differential in 1st/2nd print sets and the later prints. To give an example, Stormber just sold a first print that was opened in his most recent round of Collectors Trove auctions for abround $323.00. Now granted that is probably a bit high due to the special circimstances, but even if its $150.00 high, then that is still $173.00, f you catch my meaning.

not planning to sell it just yet mind, but its nice to know thats its worth a little more than the bog-standard ones tho!

cool :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:Yes it is still good, but there is a distinct price differential in 1st/2nd print sets and the later prints. To give an example, Stormber just sold a first print that was opened in his most recent round of Collectors Trove auctions for abround $323.00. Now granted that is probably a bit high due to the special circimstances, but even if its $150.00 high, then that is still $173.00, f you catch my meaning.

I've got a very nice 2nd print (with dice) that I'm probably going to unload soon.  What do you think it might be worth, ballpark?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:16 am 

Roger that. Thanks for spelling it out for me :)

/B

WWW ICQ  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:00 pm 

Well, it has Secrets of the Hogunmark in it, so it's a pretty good deal overall.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:56 pm 

Check out this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

2nd print that is almost perfect except for a very light amount of cornerwear. Looks almost like it is right of the store shelf. :D

Actually, I have more to follow shortly................

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Check out this one:

2nd print that is almost perfect except for a very light amount of cornerwear. Looks almost like it is right of the store shelf. :D

Beautiful!  Congrats on that one!  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:11 pm 

Damn you Dathon, you beat me to it.  :twisted:

I sent him an offer, but he must have got back to you first. :wink: :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:12 am 

bclarkie wrote:Damn you Dathon, you beat me to it. :twisted:

:D actually that should be a sheepish grin.  
I figured others would be gunning for it and he seemed really
happy with the amount.  I think that was a fair price, though I
couldn't remember how many sheets AC5 is supposed to have.  This one has
16... is that what it should be (it's divisible by four so I thought it could be)?
Or is it 20 or 24?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Damn you Dathon, you beat me to it.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0&rd=1&ssp agename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I sent him an offer, but he must have got back to you first.  

I saw that one yesterday and merely put it on the watch list.  That's how I know I'm not a serious collector (yet)  :D .  I realized its value but couldn't believe anyone would snap it up at that price (just for character sheets?!?!?!? Hey-- I'm learning).  I should have known better.   :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:04 am 

dathon wrote:

:D actually that should be a sheepish grin.  
I figured others would be gunning for it and he seemed really
happy with the amount. I think that was a fair price, though I
couldn't remember how many sheets AC5 is supposed to have. This one has
16... is that what it should be (it's divisible by four so I thought it could be)?
Or is it 20 or 24?

I am not sure if its complete or not, but if its not complete it sure is close to being complete. I still think you got a pretty solid deal there though. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:01 pm 

I though about buying this item several times, its just that its only a bunch of character sheets and crappy ones at that.  I find it hard to shell out cash for stuff like geomorph's, character sheets and such.  If the item adds nothing interesting to the game in terms of story or expanding the D&D universe I find it hard to justify buying it.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:59 pm 

ifearyeti the great predicts that invincibleoverlord will soon post his find of an rpg book from 1956.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:02 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:ifearyeti the great predicts that invincibleoverlord will soon post his find of an rpg book from 1956.

:lol:
Too bad this thing didin't work with lottery numbers and sports scores. :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:31 am 

Talk about old-school 8O …Well it will be interesting to see what the Eisenhower era had to say about a little make-pretend. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

What if there's an RPG scenario in the back. :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:45 pm 

Well, here it is as promised. I just hit the feckin motherlode:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5189516111

Granted some of the modules are a bit beat but the OCE itself is worth twice as much as what I paid for the whole thing. :D  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:47 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Well, here it is as promised. I just hit the feckin motherlode:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5189516111

Granted some of the modules are a bit beat but the OCE itself is worth twice as much as what I paid for the whole thing. :D :D

Holy sh*t!  Nice one!   8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 111123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 109110111