Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 100123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 9899100
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:03 am 
 

I've often checked misspellings when I was on the hunt for Call of Cthulhu items.


Regards,



Stephen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 23, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:22 am 
 

Sotterraneo has a 1st Edition 1st Print Coal of Cuthulu on eBay at the mo'.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5653
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:49 am 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
draco76 wrote:Near St.louis, mo by alton IL

Bethalto , IL is my town


Cool, I have some family in STL and KC. Nice area, but I like being near the ocean a little too much 8)


I hear you there, MrFilthyIke---I lived in Lawrence, KS, and worked in KC, MO for ten years after growing up on the east coast.  We're talking about moving back, and I'm definitely going to miss the ocean again....


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:02 pm 
 

I lived in newport beach for awile, right near zab73:D Place was great I'd love to go back but I'm freaken stuck here do to my father dying and my mom being alone.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:17 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sotterraneo has a 1st Edition 1st Print Coal of Cuthulu on eBay at the mo'.


Couldn't find it.

Did find some other neat stuff though.  Now I'm off to donate blood.


Regards,



Stephen

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:36 pm 
 

grodog wrote:I hear you there, MrFilthyIke---I lived in Lawrence, KS, and worked in KC, MO for ten years after growing up on the east coast. We're talking about moving back, and I'm definitely going to miss the ocean again....


At least you're closer to GenCon  :P

At least the internet let's everyone always stay in touch these days.


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:32 pm 
 

Think this is an indication of where the money is nowadays with TSR products.
Dragons #1-12 would have been just a tad more than $84. :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5963315218

Allan's $50 mark would've been ideal given that I've now got some "spares", but there was one other serious bidder.
(And by serious, I mean I've looked at his other purchases! *blinks at the $ total*).

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5653
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:02 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Think this is an indication of where the money is nowadays with TSR products.
Dragons #1-12 would have been just a tad more than $84. :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5963315218

Allan's $50 mark would've been ideal given that I've now got some "spares", but there was one other serious bidder.
(And by serious, I mean I've looked at his other purchases! *blinks at the $ total*).


I gave it a shot ;)  So, are the Little Wars magazines cool/interesting?  Do they support the TSR wargames, or like The Dragon are they more general interest with a wargaming emphasis (i.e., not a house organ yet)?


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:51 pm 
 

Hi Allan -

Little Wars was very general interest. From what I remember, there seemed to be very little TSR content and most articles were on general history and wargaming in general. Quite a number of issues had Gygax articles, usually on minutae such as the 50 different varieties of halberd.

Harami - you say that after that win you now have spares? I'm in need of #7... if you have that one duplicated, let me know.

Here's a recent fun find of my own -

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5176621720

Was very happy at that price.

Regards

Mike

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:14 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:
Here's a recent fun find of my own -

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5176621720

Was very happy at that price.

Regards

Mike


hey mike, that looks like a really cool item! nice one!

Al



  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5653
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:15 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:Little Wars was very general interest. From what I remember, there seemed to be very little TSR content and most articles were on general history and wargaming in general. Quite a number of issues had Gygax articles, usually on minutae such as the 50 different varieties of halberd.


Thanks for the info Mike :D

Here's a recent fun find of my own -
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5176621720
Was very happy at that price.


IIRC, I got mine from Aaron Leeder @ Noble Knight for about $15, but your copy looks to be in nicer condition (I love the map!) :D


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:17 pm 
 

Thought someone here would have noticed this one:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1
Best $8.50 I ever spent!


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:11 pm 
 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Thought someone here would have noticed this one:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1
Best $8.50 I ever spent!

First thought:  Big deal, the guy is getting excited about a crappy 1991 basic set?
Second look:   8O
Nice one!

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:37 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Thought someone here would have noticed this one:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1
Best $8.50 I ever spent!

First thought: Big deal, the guy is getting excited about a crappy 1991 basic set?
Second look: 8O
Nice one!

Eh, thats what my thoughts were exactly. Then I took a closer look  at the picture and BAM, Jade Hare. :oops: That seller was so clueless he didn't even listed as an item, and he basically camoflaged it behind another book. I think that I am going to be sick. :mrgreen:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:57 pm 
 

:D Kudos Kosh, I hope you find the cover in there too. Wouldn't that be nice  :D


"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:41 pm 
 

The cover wasn't there but I am going to e-mail the seller to see if he has it.  Hopeful :lol:


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:06 am 
 

Good eyes Kosh, you Vorlons always seem to know everything.  :wink:


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:31 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Looks like a nice item.  Anyone know anything about it?

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:34 am 
 

King, the seller is sotterraneo (also from this Forum)

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:46 am 
 

rosenkav wrote:King, the seller is sotterraneo (also from this Forum)


I did notice the seller was from Brescia, Italy.  I just figured there were multiple forum members from the Dallas area, might be a few from his home town as well.  :wink:

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 100123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 9899100